Author Topic: IF Marcum wasn't here...........  (Read 1119 times)

Offline ThunderZone

IF Marcum wasn't here...........
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 09:42:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Voice of Reason"
    What employees deserve credit?

1.  CUSA looked at Marshall when BP was coach and passed if you recall.
    2.  Farrell should get some credit in the WVU series but Marcum was the main player.  PS - WVU admin. hates BP with a passion and that was always the biggest obstacle!
    3.  I stand by my comment about Reynalds.
    4.  The staff he has assembled of young Assoc/Asst AD's is pretty impressive.  Several of them will be mentioned to return to MU someday within the next 20 yrs to be the AD.

#1 ... That all changed when L'ville & Cincy left ... Not to mention the Bball only schools ... Who else was CUSA going to take? ... Miami, Toledo ... Give me a break ... KO couldn't screw this one up.

#2 ... Farrell gets a lot of credit ...  moreso than KO ... He has better connections and relationships with the powers that be in Chas. than KO ... As well as a relationship that BP and Manchin formed ... Yes, they used each other ... That is called polotics ... It didn't matter that wvu's admin. hates BP ... So what ... Manchin did this ... He made a campagin promise and lived up to it ... Marcum had next to nothing to do with this ... That aspect is very overated on your behalf.

#3 ... It would have to be proven to me otherwise ... I'm not buying it.

#4 ... As long as KO isn't part of the selection process then I'm all for it and good for them.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 09:42:37 PM »

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    « Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 09:55:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

2.  Farrell should get some credit in the WVU series but Marcum was the main player.  PS - WVU admin. hates BP with a passion and that was always the biggest obstacle!
    4.  The staff he has assembled of young Assoc/Asst AD's is pretty impressive.  Several of them will be mentioned to return to MU someday within the next 20 yrs to be the AD.

No for reason #1 because we were good back then and could only get a football member invite.

Don't know reason# 2, but the governor locked the AD's in a room and wouldn't let them leave.  Manchin forced it.

Don't know Reason#3, but Mr. Reynolds please donate a million to get the football program right.  Maybe you could put together the research team.  Count me in.

No for reason #4, if these people were great why are we struggling badly.  We need people with a mixed-bag of contacts.

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 12:46:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I have verified #3.  You are wrong.  Reynolds will still be supporting Marshall with or without KO on board.  I am beginning to think you work in Marshall's Athletic Dept.  Only someone from within could actually think...or more likely try to spin.....some of the absurdities that you are making.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 12:46:57 PM »