Author Topic: Parthenon: Snyder optimistic about remainer of season  (Read 500 times)

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
  • Member Since 02/2009
Parthenon: Snyder optimistic about remainer of season
« on: October 17, 2007, 04:48:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    There was no "Stay the course." There was no "We're going to keep doing what we're doing."

There wasn't even a frown or a shrug of dismay.

By the look of Marshall's head coach Mark Snyder, who donned a sharp-looking black suit and tie instead of the usual green Marshall polo, things are on the up-and-up for the Herd.

Up would be a change of pace for the Herd, which enters a home game for the first time in more than month against the University of Southern Mississippi on Sunday with a record of 0-6, including two Conference USA losses.

Snyder isn't looking at the record, though, he said. He's looking at one practice at a time. He's looking at improving the Herd and preparing for the next opponent.

He made that clear by shrugging off questions about future seasons and the off chance of bowl eligibility this year.

His plan may be paying off.

"Spirits are high," Randy Burnside, assistant athletic director for media relations, said. "The coaching staff is positive across the board."

Not only is the coaching staff positive, Snyder said, but the players are positive as well and are staying motivated.

"They love what they're doing," Snyder said. "You try to keep it fun and show them their improvements."

Link: http://media.www.marshallparthenon.com/media/storage/paper534/news/2007/10/17/Sports/Pep-In.Marshalls.Step-3037254.shtml
    GO HERD!!!

HerdFans.com

« on: October 17, 2007, 04:48:46 AM »

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 10:08:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very few football players have "pep" in their step after 5-7, 4-7, and 0-6 seasons.  This is crap.

Offline jstherd

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 07:55:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You talk about "spinning." The plan is working? 5-7, 4-7, and 06 - the last season with Synder's "kids?"WOW. The sad commmentary is that the media, all of them, is helping Synder spin - including the Parthenon.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe he  is planning on a suprise for next year. Catch C-USA unaware. He might just sneak in there and win 4 games after not winning any this year.(sarcasm)

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 09:18:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    ...things are on the up-and-up for the Herd.

???

It seems that the athletic department puts a lot stronger effort on influencing/controlling the press than ever before.  

When you consider all the things we have read in the HD, then add in Woody, then add in Marcum’s efforts to send out a list of all the great coaches that started off with losing seasons, it is obvious that the goal of the AD is to use the media to stop the bleeding at this point rther than just tell the news.

But on the other hand what do you expect?  No sense for the paper to say we’re doomed or that the coach and team are lost.  To some degree they need to look on the bright side.

I think the Gazette and Daily Mail haven’t been as influenced by the AD.  They seem to have discovered that they don’t need to come down on Snyder or the program.  At this point all they have to do is state the facts and it looks bad enough on its own.  The facts are pretty self-indicting.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 12:33:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "field pass"
    ...things are on the up-and-up for the Herd.

???

It seems that the athletic department puts a lot stronger effort on influencing/controlling the press than ever before.  

When you consider all the things we have read in the HD, then add in Woody, then add in Marcum’s efforts to send out a list of all the great coaches that started off with losing seasons, it is obvious that the goal of the AD is to use the media to stop the bleeding at this point rther than just tell the news.

But on the other hand what do you expect?  No sense for the paper to say we’re doomed or that the coach and team are lost.  To some degree they need to look on the bright side.

I think the Gazette and Daily Mail haven’t been as influenced by the AD.  They seem to have discovered that they don’t need to come down on Snyder or the program.  At this point all they have to do is state the facts and it looks bad enough on its own.  The facts are pretty self-indicting.

What's the point of being a journalist? Nobody seems to ask tough questions. Somebody needs to rattle the cages..

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
    Re: Parthenon: Snyder optimistic about remainer of season
    « Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 12:43:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Snyder isn't looking at the record, though, he said.

I wouldn't either, it's depressing.
    He's looking at improving the Herd and preparing for the next opponent.

Only 1 way to go and thats up.
    He made that clear by shrugging off questions about future seasons and the off chance of bowl eligibility this year.

Bowl eligibility? Um....
    His plan may be paying off.

I certainly hope that wasn't 0-12
    Not only is the coaching staff positive, Snyder said, but the players are positive as well and are staying motivated.

This is the only thing I care about in this article.  That these kids are still giving their all.  I fully support each and every one of them.  I have however, lost faith in the coaching staff.  

[/quote]

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 03:53:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • that was the bigest bunch of BS I have ever read.

Man, get your boots on because the $hit is gettin' deep.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 04:11:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This will be the 3rd year in a row that we've not had the extra month of practice (no bowl game) at the end of the season. The reason i bring this up is because it has a great deal of significance in preparing for the next season. I sorry to say but our kids do not know how to win and I place the blame directly on the coaching staff. it's their job to teach these kids how to win and win w/ confidence.

When they showed the inside of our locker room before the Miami game you could just tell that we were tight and looked scared shitless.  Snyder was walking around (pacing) looking as if he had already %^&* down the side of his leg.
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    « Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 04:20:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Massherdfan"
    This will be the 3rd year in a row that we've not had the extra month of practice (no bowl game) at the end of the season. The reason i bring this up is because it has a great deal of significance in preparing for the next season. I sorry to say but our kids do not know how to win and I place the blame directly on the coaching staff. it's their job to teach these kids how to win and win w/ confidence.

When they showed the inside of our locker room before the Miami game you could just tell that we were tight and looked scared shitless.  Snyder was walking around (pacing) looking as if he had already %^&* down the side of his leg.

Pacing or sprinting with the mic?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 04:20:24 PM »