Author Topic: Marshall Should Do a Nebraska  (Read 647 times)

Offline 2001grad

• Varsity
Marshall Should Do a Nebraska
« on: October 17, 2007, 09:11:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marcum should have been shown the door long ago.

But, its past time now.  It needs to happen NOW.

The only thing that can save face at least with football this year would be if Marcum were fired immediately and replaced with Pruett on an interim basis.  

1 thing is for sure that Pruett will rally Marshall fans around MU very similar to how Osborne will do at Nebraska.  This will also bring some stability to an athletic department that has become the laughing stock of Conference USA.  In the end it could only amount to a PR move, but at this point in time that couldn't do anything but help.  If everything remains constant between now and next year you'll likely see attendance tank!!  Remember when we used to make fun of the Ohio, Kent St, and Akron crowds of 10,000 people?  Well, that is going to be us next year unless some positive changes are made.  

Does that mean a new coach or not?  Everyone has an opinion on that, but it is time to replace the AD, its been past time.

HerdFans.com

« on: October 17, 2007, 09:11:39 AM »

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 09:55:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree. Marcum should have been let go yesterday!!!

Offline herdgameplan

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bring in Jim Donnan as AD!.....just a thought!

Offline Gerald1

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 12:37:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Living far away from Huntington I don't have a feel for the AD. Do you have any statistics that support how poorly Marcum has done? I know the FB and BB programs have been down the last few years, but could this be a cyclical thing? FB can be down because of Pruett leaving, probation, etc. BB has been down for a longer period of time but the new coach seems to have at least momentarily envigorated that. So I guess what I'm asking is what has Marcum done to deserve to be fired? and is this opinion shared by many in Huntington?
    Go Herd! Fight On!

Offline catfanatic1979

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 12:45:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "herdgameplan"
    Bring in Jim Donnan as AD!.....just a thought!

Donnan would be a much better pick IMO. He could make a Georgia game happen ASAP.

Offline 2001grad

• Varsity
    « Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 04:21:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Gerald1"
    Living far away from Huntington I don't have a feel for the AD. Do you have any statistics that support how poorly Marcum has done? I know the FB and BB programs have been down the last few years, but could this be a cyclical thing? FB can be down because of Pruett leaving, probation, etc. BB has been down for a longer period of time but the new coach seems to have at least momentarily envigorated that. So I guess what I'm asking is what has Marcum done to deserve to be fired? and is this opinion shared by many in Huntington?

Other than basketball and football being at low not seen in a couple of decades?  I would think the attendance for basketball and football speak worlds of that.  

He is a "please be respectful", stubborn old man that ran UMASS into the ground as well.  Wonder why UMASS has been irrelevant for a while now?  Look no further than Bob Marcum, who by the way, wanted to hire Greg White and UMass with John C. left for the pros.  

Fans are fickle and the entertainment dollar is tough, but when you start letting fans get away because of having "better things to do."  It takes a long time to get them back.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 04:21:04 PM »