Author Topic: Snyder never disappoints, another classic QUOTE  (Read 1553 times)

Offline booherd99grad

• Practice Squad
Snyder never disappoints, another classic QUOTE
« on: October 17, 2007, 09:20:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We’re actually going to see a normal offense, for the first time in a month, with formations I can recognize,” said Marshall coach Mark Snyder. “And they’re winning the old-fashioned way."  This is a quote from the Gazette.  

Wow, nearly our entire conference runs a spread or some variation there of.  You mean to tell me that after being a HC in this conference and playing USPAM every year he still does not recognize a spread offense.  This is ridiculous, horrific, and laughable all rolled up into to one.  What Snyder is saying is that next week when Rice comes in here and runs thier offense, Snyder won't know whats going on.  But hey is that any different that usual?

HerdFans.com

« on: October 17, 2007, 09:20:36 AM »

Offline BULLHALSEY

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 09:44:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • wow
    "Fill it up!!  Fill it up again!!  Once it hits your lips, it's so good!!"-Frank the Tank, Old School

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I saw that and my shoulders just drooped.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline one 53 fan

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:55:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ditto ... I read that and thought "This is the former DC at OSU?"  Scares me to think about it ...

Offline herd1986

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 10:03:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was joking when he said it.

Offline Olen

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 10:08:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coach Snyder made a similar statement at the QB Club Meeting yesterday.  Snyder was being facetious, and implied that it was exciting to face a "basic" offense for once (USM uses a pro-formation offense), rather than trying to defend against the spread option variations we have faces since WVU.  

Snyder's use of "recognize" is no different than the many posters that have stated or implied "This is not [Marshall] football that I recognize" (referencing past experience with high scoring offenses).

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 10:22:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What sounds discouraging to me is how much praise he has for a old fashioned offense.  Since Snyder has been with the Herd I have sensed that he is struggling whether to pass the ball around or slow the scoring down and run and old fashioned offense.

Regardless, it gets tiresome sometimes hearing about how great these teams are and an indepth analysis by Snyder as to why they are so good and how their offense works.  He always seems to talk more and know more about other offenses (and why and how they work so well) than his own.

I guess were all just tired in general.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 10:25:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Olen"
    Coach Snyder made a similar statement at the QB Club Meeting yesterday.  Snyder was being facetious, and implied that it was exciting to face a "basic" offense for once (USM uses a pro-formation offense), rather than trying to defend against the spread option variations we have faces since WVU.  

Snyder's use of "recognize" is no different than the many posters that have stated or implied "This is not [Marshall] football that I recognize" (referencing past experience with high scoring offenses).

I think he was probably kidding somewhat too.  But regardless, I can imagine that he would like to not have to coach the kids up on another variation of the spread.  We have struggle this year with game preparation and game adjustments.  Think about how much time weve had between games to prepare to no avail.  So, hopefully, this may be our chance to get a win.

Offline Olen

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 10:31:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "field pass"
    I think he was probably kidding somewhat too.  But regardless, I can imagine that he would like to not have to coach the kids up on another variation of the spread.  We have struggle this year with game preparation and game adjustments.  Think about how much time weve had between games to prepare to no avail.  So, hopefully, this may be our chance to get a win.

Relatively speaking, and IMO, I do believe it is easier to prepare for a pro-style offense as opposed to a spread option, and Snyder implied something similar in his statements yesterday.  If I understood his explanation on this correctly, he stated (paraphrasing) that defending a pro-style offense is more about man-on-man coverages, which is fundamentally a little easier to teach than some of the zone coverages we are forced to run against the spread option.

FWIW.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 10:43:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Regardless whether he was being cynical or not, given the comments about drawing Tulsa offside to get a first down and New Hampshire winning the MAC he should be more careful in choosing his words.  Someone who has the confidence of others can afford to be flippant;  a head coach who's lost 4/5ths of his career games can't.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline firstate

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 04:55:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It made sense to me.

What he was saying is that Southern Miss's offense, is much like traditional Big Ten offenses.....tight ends, power football, pass only when you have to....

The teams we've been playing have had more modern (for lack of a better word) formations

If we were 6-0, ya'll guys would have known what he was trying to say and never give a second thought....

witchhunt

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 04:59:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "firstate"
    It made sense to me.

What he was saying is that Southern Miss's offense, is much like traditional Big Ten offenses.....tight ends, power football, pass only when you have to....

The teams we've been playing have had more modern (for lack of a better word) formations

If we were 6-0, ya'll guys would have known what he was trying to say and never give a second thought....

witchhunt

Would you joke around if your job was on the line?? He's not 6-0 but 0-6 and 9-20 overall!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 04:59:43 PM »

Offline ADub4Heisman

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 07:27:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "DC01HERD"
    Quote from: "firstate"
    It made sense to me.

witchhunt

Would you joke around if your job was on the line?? He's not 6-0 but 0-6 and 9-20 overall!

Yes. You need to have a sense of humor. Everyone needs to relieve stress (I would assume Snyder has some stress) and laughing is a good way to do it.
    Go Marshall Herd!!!

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 10:14:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No matter what the guy says, the posters on this board will over analyze it and find some negativity in it.... Thats the way it will always be.

Offline Up5491yours

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 11:14:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but isn't this normal offense the same offense that scored 40+ points on us to end last season?

Offline fullboat

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 11:38:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "alumni74"
    No matter what the guy says, the posters on this board will over analyze it and find some negativity in it.... Thats the way it will always be.

And others will keep their green glasses on and tell us to wait til next year...................again.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OK, let me ask this question:

You have to pick a coach to win a single game.  The two teams that will play are equally matched in talent and will play on a neutral field.  Let's just say that for some strange reason your life depended on your coach winning the game.  There are three coaches to choose from, you get first choice but one of the other two will coach the other team.  Which coach would be the first you would pick and which would you hope coached the other team?

1. Jim Donnan
    2. Bob Pruett
    3. Mark Snyder.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline eastlynnchillidog

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #17 on: October 17, 2007, 11:45:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont give a $hit what he said. I want him to start winning some damn ballgames. He can make stupid statements, fix his hair 30 times a ball game or have stupid looks on his face, I just want him to start winning. End of story for me.

Offline HerdBlizz

Fantasy Game
    « Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 12:16:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd have to play the game in two halves.  Donnan would win the first half...and I'd take Pruett on the second half.  I've always thought that no one could prepare a team from week to week any better than Donnan.  but that Pruett made the better adjustments at the half.  Pruett was more of a game coach in my mind but Donnan was the better one to break down a team from week to week.   Now as for Snyder.....I'd take Forrest Gump over him anyday.......

HerdFans.com

Fantasy Game
    « Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 12:16:05 AM »