Author Topic: Herd crowd could be small...  (Read 3178 times)

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
Herd crowd could be small...
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 10:02:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man I wish I could make this game... I wanted so bad to be at this one but I have a business trip out of town.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 10:02:50 PM »

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 10:14:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You do understand 'mr. i'm a better fan than you' that he could have stayed home with the 5 and 2 year old and not come at all. Or maybe the wife is working and someone has to watch them, or maybe he wants his kids to grow up accustomed to attending Herd games. Shut the hell up about the fans.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline Rock1998Dog

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 11:22:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't post on here often, but I do find some of the things everybody is saying on here interesting.

I have to agree with Thunders on the fact he is trying to call out some of the fans in the local area for not supporting the team if you're close and can make it to the game.  I don't agree with the comment about not bringing the 5 & 2 year old to the games, that's something decided within someone's family (I'll probably do the same when I have kids, if the wife will let me).

I'm not going to say who's a true fan or not, but kind of view it similarly to voting for the president.  If you voted for President and your guy lost then you have a right to complain when things arn't going so well (I don't vote, so I don't complain about that).  If you have season tickets or donate to the Big Green, MU QB Club, Volleyball, B-Ball or any other sports scholarship fundraising activities I believe you have a right to say something about it b/c that's your hard-earned dollars being used for the program (I have tickets and give what I can, so I'm gonna complain).

I'm not happy with the state of the program and think there have been some awful playcalling and decision making in games thus far, but I will continue to support the TEAM and SCHOOL until I'm GREEN in the face....

GO HERD!!!!
    GO HERD!!!!!!

Offline fullboat

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "W0lfman"
    You know what coach?  I sure hope the crowd isnt that small either....but as you like to say "it is what it is."  Win more games and they will come.  Enough talk, its time to produce.  We never had to worry about stuff like this in the past.  15,000 in attendance is a joke, but an understandable joke considering all things involved.

I agree Wolf.........I will be there.  But I understand if people don't want to come to a late Sunday game when we are 0-6 with no signs of improvement.  Put a good product on the field and we will have 30,000.  That is the case with everyone.  When WVU was down a few years ago they weren't getting more than 40,000 for some games.  Now they are getting 65,000.  Thats just how it is.  If i ddin't have season tickets would i want to pay $30 for a ticket to watch an 0-6 team and then get up in the morning to go to work?

Offline luvherd

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 08:36:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll be there from DC but I agree with the Dad's - pre-schoolers have bedtimes that take priority. Start them young-ins off with HERD football and then when they are older you will have a HERD buddy for life.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline Thundering Herb

Re: Herd crowd could be small...
    « Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007, 09:45:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "HerdnBucks"
    Marshall marketing at its finest.  Choose the first Sunday night game in school history so it will interfere with church youth programs, make it  a TV game that starts after 8 and promises to stretch near midnight on a school night and then designate it "Youth Sports Night".  I guess Christmas Eve at midnight wasn't available.

You know what?
    Miss church. Go to the game. You won't go to hell.

Some of you guys would bitch if they were giving away tickets because they weren't skybox seats.

Offline Thunders

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2007, 10:55:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "extragreen"
    You do understand 'mr. i'm a better fan than you' that he could have stayed home with the 5 and 2 year old and not come at all. Or maybe the wife is working and someone has to watch them, or maybe he wants his kids to grow up accustomed to attending Herd games. Shut the hell up about the fans.

You are right. After I thought about that post I should not have picked on the guy with kids that is attempting to at least go to part of the game. I don't know his situation. Maybe he doesn't have a wife or maybe his babysitter bailed on him at the last minute. I don't know but at least he is trying to go to at least part of the game. Personally, if it is an option, I would find a couple babysitters about a month in advance and go and enjoy the game. A 2 and 5 year old would be in bed at that time anyway.

I should be just picking on the fans who say they are fans and are not going to the game when they live 10-30 min. from the stadium and choose not to go because of the record, it is on TV, work  etc.    I have to get up for work the next day at 6am and you will see me there the entire game. Until the clock says ZERO. No bitching here, just support. Most church services let out at about 8pm so church is not an excuse on this night either. Get out of church, throw on your Herd gear and come to the game. You would get there by at least the 2nd quarter.

I discussed this with my wife who is a very understanding and thoughtful person and she agreed with me that if you live within a reseaonable distance to the stadium and are choosing not to go to this game because it is later or because our record is not great then you are not a true loyal fan of Marshall football. I guess we have fans of all kinds and I guess it takes all kinds of those fans to fill the stadium when we are winning, but those who are doing that are not diehards. Nothing against those types, but they just aren't the diehards who are there no matter the weather, record or time of day. Just the way it is.

All I am saying is this area tends to find an endless pit of excuses to not do something. Not just go to games but anything really. I see teams play all the time in the middle of the week, on weeknights, Sundays, etc. and the stadiums are generally full. I have a hard time believing those people don't have the same problems that every other family in America does. They just decide they want to be there to support their team bad enough and they make a way to do it. People around here spend more time making excuses rather than trying to find a way to make it work.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline Rock1998Dog

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 05:22:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thunders said:
    All I am saying is this area tends to find an endless pit of excuses to not do something. Not just go to games but anything really. I see teams play all the time in the middle of the week, on weeknights, Sundays, etc. and the stadiums are generally full. I have a hard time believing those people don't have the same problems that every other family in America does. They just decide they want to be there to support their team bad enough and they make a way to do it. People around here spend more time making excuses rather than trying to find a way to make it work.

Cee Senior.... :mad: [/i]
    GO HERD!!!!!!

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 06:01:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I discussed this with my wife who is a very understanding and thoughtful person and she agreed with me that if you live within a reseaonable distance to the stadium and are choosing not to go to this game because it is later or because our record is not great then you are not a true loyal fan of Marshall football.

Atta-boy Thunders...now we have the start of official fan police.
    Who is prez , you or your wife. [I say she tells you what to do] :razz:

Offline Herd 90

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 07:43:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Thunders"
    Quote from: "ru4mu2"
    I'm with you Krash.  I will be a True fan until about halftime, then I will be a True Dad and take the 5 and 2 year old home.  Thing is, if we were 6-0, I would do the same thing.

Why you bringing them in the first place if you plan on leaving the game? Pretty sure they have no clue what is going on anyway at that age and have the attention span of about 5 seconds. Babysitter for a few hours would probably be the best thing to do in that situation. That is what I would do anyway.

On a different note and nothing to do with the guy above, this fanbase is the strangest thing I have ever heard. Funny how you watch other schools when they have Sunday night games and the stadium is packed till the end. I bet they don't have near the excuse list that Marshall fans have or they would be empty seats also. Let's put it this way, regardless of record, the stadium would be half empty anyway. That is the our "loyal" fans are. They choose to sit at home and flop on the couch when they live 10 min. from the stadium then bitch and moan when we don't do well.

New rule, if you live within an hour of the stadium and you weren't at the game and chose to stay home because of our record or because it is on TV, you can't bitch about one thing the coach or team has done.

WTF is it with Herd fans constantly pitting Herd fan against Herd fan?  I'm so sick of the "I'm a true fan and you're not" BS.  I'm beginning to think the self-proclaimed "real fans" have tiny johnsons.

You can't go to any herd board without seeing this crap go on.  God!  It's so %&*^# stupid.

Offline firstate

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 10:32:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • tiny.

Offline Krash

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 09:05:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Herd 90"
    Quote from: "Thunders"
    Quote from: "ru4mu2"
    I'm with you Krash.  I will be a True fan until about halftime, then I will be a True Dad and take the 5 and 2 year old home.  Thing is, if we were 6-0, I would do the same thing.

Why you bringing them in the first place if you plan on leaving the game? Pretty sure they have no clue what is going on anyway at that age and have the attention span of about 5 seconds. Babysitter for a few hours would probably be the best thing to do in that situation. That is what I would do anyway.

On a different note and nothing to do with the guy above, this fanbase is the strangest thing I have ever heard. Funny how you watch other schools when they have Sunday night games and the stadium is packed till the end. I bet they don't have near the excuse list that Marshall fans have or they would be empty seats also. Let's put it this way, regardless of record, the stadium would be half empty anyway. That is the our "loyal" fans are. They choose to sit at home and flop on the couch when they live 10 min. from the stadium then bitch and moan when we don't do well.

New rule, if you live within an hour of the stadium and you weren't at the game and chose to stay home because of our record or because it is on TV, you can't bitch about one thing the coach or team has done.

WTF is it with Herd fans constantly pitting Herd fan against Herd fan?  I'm so sick of the "I'm a true fan and you're not" BS.  I'm beginning to think the self-proclaimed "real fans" have tiny johnsons.

You can't go to any herd board without seeing this crap go on.  God!  It's so %&*^# stupid.

Just know that Thunders and company are real fans and you my friend are not.  Just accept it.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 09:05:12 AM »

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 09:17:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Just know that Thunders and company are real fans and you my friend are not. Just accept it.

How do we get into Thunders new club? How much are the dues? Do you have to walk a plank naked and blindfolded? Damn, I sure hope they don't use a taser. :razz:

HerdFans.com

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 09:17:16 AM »