Author Topic: Good News for...  (Read 1184 times)

Offline MU42

Good News for...
« on: October 17, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • you people who hate mid-week or Sunday games in Huntington.

If The Herd doesn't win more than 2 games this year, then I guarentee that we will not have any mid-week games or Sunday games because ESPN will not want to show us. Also, it is very likely that unless we vastly improve that ESPN probably won't even try to pick up the WVU, Wisconsin, or Cincy games because we will be such underdogs.

If we are lucky we might have 1 ESPN2 game and 1 CSTV game. Oh yeah and the Wisconsin game might be on the Big Ten Network.

HerdFans.com

Good News for...
    « on: October 17, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »

Offline mr_ash_1995

Good News for...
    « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 07:58:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well I guess I'll only get to see them when I can travel back to WV for home games...

Even with our bad record, I'll again renew my season tickets for next year...
    Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

Offline MU42

Good News for...
    « Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 08:51:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do not mean for my last post to sound like I am one of the people who wants everyone associated with MU football fired because we aren't winning under Snyder yet. {eople need to understand that it takes time to fix what Pruett broke.

I am saying that without much national TV coverage next year, unless we go bowling, we might take a hit in recruiting. Plus it sucks for out of towners who can't make it to Huntington for every game.

Offline HerdnClt

understand that it takes time to fix what Pruett broke.
    « Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 07:52:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please, what a joke. Check his W/L and where he put the Herd on the map.  Better check who's on the sidelines now in year 3 and W/L record.
    "The Herd #1"

BigMountaineerFan

Good News for...
    « Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 09:32:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: MU42
    I do not mean for my last post to sound like I am one of the people who wants everyone associated with MU football fired because we aren't winning under Snyder yet. {eople need to understand that it takes time to fix what Pruett broke.

I'm not a Marshall fan (although I think I'm coming to the S.Miss. game), but could someone explain the logic of this statement to me?  I did not like the way Pruett constantly needled WVU for no reason, but how could you say he wasn't a good coach?  Marshall won way more games with him than with Snyder so far and played better against the BCS teams.  Also, wasn't the "mops for props" scheme that landed Marshall on probation actually started by Jim Donnan?  If so, Pruett shouldn't get all of the blame for the scholarship limits, etc.

I keep reading on this board from the Snyder supporters that he is recruiting better athletes to Marshall than Pruett.  But your best two players the last two years (Bradshaw (06) and Morris (07)) are Pruett recruits aren't they?  Maybe these better "athletes" are more athletic but aren't better football players.  At least part of being a good football player is mental (desire and knowledge of the game, etc.).  There are lots of great athletes who can run fast or jump high who are not great football players.  So far, as a casual observer, I can only name one Snyder recruit (Slate) who I think is a very good football player.  Anyway, even great athletes need coaching.  Maybe Snyder can become a good coach over time but he hasn't shown that yet (I know his team is young, injured, etc.).

Offline Green Dog

Good News for...
    « Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 09:57:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "BigMountaineerFan"

I'm not a Marshall fan (although I think I'm coming to the S.Miss. game), but could someone explain the logic of this statement to me?  I did not like the way Pruett constantly needled WVU for no reason, but how could you say he wasn't a good coach?  Marshall won way more games with him than with Snyder so far and played better against the BCS teams.  Also, wasn't the "mops for props" scheme that landed Marshall on probation actually started by Jim Donnan?  If so, Pruett shouldn't get all of the blame for the scholarship limits, etc.

I keep reading on this board from the Snyder supporters that he is recruiting better athletes to Marshall than Pruett.  But your best two players the last two years (Bradshaw (06) and Morris (07)) are Pruett recruits aren't they?  Maybe these better "athletes" are more athletic but aren't better football players.  At least part of being a good football player is mental (desire and knowledge of the game, etc.).  There are lots of great athletes who can run fast or jump high who are not great football players.  So far, as a casual observer, I can only name one Snyder recruit (Slate) who I think is a very good football player.  Anyway, even great athletes need coaching.  Maybe Snyder can become a good coach over time but he hasn't shown that yet (I know his team is young, injured, etc.).

Its sad that a WVU fan knows more about our football program than many of our own.

Offline Big City

GO HERD!
    « Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 04:33:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • GO HERD!
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline MU42

Good News for...
    « Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 05:20:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Green Dog"

Its sad that a WVU fan knows more about our football program than many of our own.

I'm pretty sure that Pruett had something to do with the horrible recuriting that took place from 2003-2005. If that was Snyder or Donnan's fault then I am sorry that I am not an educated Marshall fan.
    Pruett can say "It was just time." all he wants. What that really means is "I see what's coming."  

If he would have said he was sick, if he would have stepped down a week after the Fort Worth Bowl, if he would have not recurited the 2005 class, then I probably wouldn't be so angry with him. But he handicapped Snyder by leaving so late and not allowing him to recruit the 2005 class. And all he can say is "It is just time."

Everyone is angry with Snyder for not having any talent. I think he probably has more talent on this team than Pruett did in his last season. The only problem is all of that talent is either a sophomore, redshirt freshman, or true freshman. Two recruiting classes isn't enough time to be a contender. If the losing continues next year then I will be all for making a change, but right now I think we still haven't even given him a chance prove anything.

Offline HerdBlizz

Good News for...
    « Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 05:37:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I honestly don't think everyone is on the "I Hate" Snyder bandwagon because of his product that he is putting on the field.  I know were 0-6 and in all likelyhood heading for about 1-11 or 2-10 tops,  it's his "bonehead" moves he makes during a game and some of his calls.  Its like going into a gun battle and your LEADER is treating the battle like its a knife fight.  After 3 years as a HC  He still has no clue about the flow of the game.  And before anyone jumps on me for this post...Answer this question.  How many of you have been in the stands and wondered."what the Hell" is he thinking or doing..Why did he make that call?.....

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    Good News for...
    « Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 05:38:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "MU42"
    Quote from: "Green Dog"

I'm pretty sure that Pruett had something to do with the horrible recuriting that took place from 2003-2005. If that was Snyder or Donnan's fault then I am sorry that I am not an educated Marshall fan.
    Pruett can say "It was just time." all he wants. What that really means is "I see what's coming."  

If he would have said he was sick, if he would have stepped down a week after the Fort Worth Bowl, if he would have not recurited the 2005 class, then I probably wouldn't be so angry with him. But he handicapped Snyder by leaving so late and not allowing him to recruit the 2005 class. And all he can say is "It is just time."

Everyone is angry with Snyder for not having any talent. I think he probably has more talent on this team than Pruett did in his last season. The only problem is all of that talent is either a sophomore, redshirt freshman, or true freshman. Two recruiting classes isn't enough time to be a contender. If the losing continues next year then I will be all for making a change, but right now I think we still haven't even given him a chance prove anything.

I'm not worried because Snyder doesn't have talent, because he does!! What I'm worried about is his lack of intelligence as coach! MS has proven over and over that he is not the brightest bulb in the batch, and when he admitted he had a poorly coached team that was just icing on the cake.

MS, keep up the great work -- you're a Son of Marshall, 9-20.
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline GreenSteve

Re: Good News for...
    « Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 09:59:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "MU42"
    you people who hate mid-week or Sunday games in Huntington.

If The Herd doesn't win more than 2 games this year, then I guarentee that we will not have any mid-week games or Sunday games because ESPN will not want to show us. Also, it is very likely that unless we vastly improve that ESPN probably won't even try to pick up the WVU, Wisconsin, or Cincy games because we will be such underdogs.

If we are lucky we might have 1 ESPN2 game and 1 CSTV game. Oh yeah and the Wisconsin game might be on the Big Ten Network.

I'll guarantee you're wrong.

GreenSteve.
    "The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

Offline MU42

Good News for...
    « Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 01:59:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The only games that we ever get on ESPN are games vs Big BCS schools. The rest are forced on ESPN because of the TV contract.

Opponent - Channel (Reason for ESPN picking it up)
    Miami - ESPNU (It's Miami)
    WVU - ESPN2 (WVU was in the top 5 and we still had to play at 11 AM)
    Memphis - ESPN2 (I really don't know why this game was picked, other than they had to show another C-USA game because of our contract)
    So. Miss - (in the preseason this game looked appealing, not so much now)

0-12, 1-11, or 2-10 will not get us more than 1 game on ESPN next year. And that will be probably UCF mid-week. CSTV will take anything, probably our bug rematch with Rice. And The Big Ten Network will show the game we should't be playing, Wisconsin.

HerdFans.com

Good News for...
    « Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 01:59:26 AM »