Author Topic: Gazette: MU indoor practice facility plans back on table  (Read 232 times)

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
  • Member Since 02/2009
Gazette: MU indoor practice facility plans back on table
« on: October 18, 2007, 06:26:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Plans for an indoor practice facility for Marshall’s athletic program have risen from dormancy.

Marshall University’s Board of Governors has included a $10 million building in its list of capital expenditures projects from 2008 to 2013. The move Tuesday does not signal imminent construction or even approval, but it does resurrect a stronger possibility.

The school seemed to be heading toward building such a facility, tentatively to be named in honor of retired football coach Bob Pruett. But in 2005, MU president Stephen J. Kopp put the brakes on that and all projects, pending a broad a reassessment of campus needs. When he addressed the Charleston Quarterback Club last fall, the indoor facility didn’t seem to be among his priorities.

Construction has begun on a softball field, with a new baseball field in the works, pending site selection and land acquisition.

Link: http://wvgazette.com/section/Sports/Marshall/2007101737
    GO HERD!!!

HerdFans.com

« on: October 18, 2007, 06:26:45 AM »

Offline Thunders

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like I said before, I will believe it when I see it being built. Until then, we don't have one and won't have one in the near future. This was merely a wish list.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:03:36 AM »