Author Topic: 0-6 to 6-6? Can the Herd pull it off?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline DJdaHERDfan

0-6 to 6-6? Can the Herd pull it off?
« on: October 18, 2007, 07:05:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This Sunday vs Southern Miss will tell us alot about just how upbeat these guys really are and if we got enough left in the tank to put on a run.

Yes, we are 0-6 and we have sucked pretty bad. But this conference sucks as well and that means that the HERD does have a chance to make a run.

Honestly, I have said that I don't think we will win a game the rest of the way.

But in this weak league, a weak Herd team does still have a chance.

If these guys can beat Southern Miss, they can make a legit run.

Hell even if we fall short at 5-7, I would say that a disasterous season was somewhat saved and things will look a little more promising for 2008.

I am as disappointed with this season as anyone but I think eventually the lights will come on for the team and everything will finally click. Even for Snyder.

The biggest game for the HERD is Southern Miss.
    Win that one and things should finally change for the better.

Right now I believe our team is in "QUICKSAND", a reference from the movie replacements. Falco said that quicksand is something when it seems everything just starts going wrong and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Look at the roster and compare it to other CUSA schools. Our talent matches up with every other team.

If we can get over the mental aspect of things, "a win", this team will put together a run of some sorts. I beleive the mental thing is causing the penalties and turnovers which have cost us some games.

Other than Southern Miss, UCF is the only real tough test left on the schedule.

Am I guaranteeing HERD wins? No just clearly stating that if the Herd can beat Southern Miss, they can make a run.

I think this team is that close. We have come out with just the defense playing well and no offense. We have come out with the offense doing well and no defense. We have had bad QB play but RB play was good. We have had bad RB play but QB play was good. Our Oline was terrible one week, decent the next week. Our coaching made bad calls one week, then made right calls but players didnt execute.

Sooner or later, all the good things are gonna show up at the same time and the HERD is gonna kick some a$$.

Now if we see the same o same o on Sunday and Herd loses badly to Southern Miss at home, that means that the team has finally thrown in the towell for the season. Nothing left to play for but pride.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

HerdFans.com

« on: October 18, 2007, 07:05:11 PM »

Offline jstherd

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:10:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They can and might.

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 07:12:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have our toughest conference games ahead of us.  No chance.  The systems/philosophies aren't working.

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 07:46:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • NOT A SNOWBALLS CHANCE IN HELL

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    It could happen
    « Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 07:57:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would say there is about a 5-10% chance. Then again, i would have said there was about a 5-10% chance we would be 0 - 6.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 08:06:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll be surprised if we win one game this year. But I plan on attending just in case.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 09:57:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you play the game, there is a chance...national tv..hungry team..This game will tell the country where Marshall football is at...
    "The Herd #1"

Offline herdgirl72

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 06:23:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Absolutely...all it takes is one good win to get the confidence up...these kids have the talent to run the table...hell we should be 2-0 in the conference right now...we were 1 1/2 tds from it...ad a couple of silly mistakes...

Offline clovenhoof

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 06:37:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Most of America knows we are 0-6, if we could pull it off on National TV, in front of a decent crowd, it could turn the tide my friends. These players are the Thundering Herd and we owe them our allegiance. Sorry, just finished Lord of the Rings for the 2nd time this week. I'm pumped up like Aragorn.
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

Offline mumatt

• Rookie
    « Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 08:22:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No Way.  In my mind if you are a senior you are playing no more than 2 quarters a game.  2008 season starts now.  The WORST case scenario is going in to next season without a QB who does not have signifigant snaps.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 08:45:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Considering that we are what?  119th in the nation [or something] out of 120 schools?  I just cant override my brain into thinking that we can pull this off on Sunday.  Sorry.

Snyder is already showing the same behavior in the press that he always has. It seems like Snyder is switching gears yet again.  Today in the HD is sounds like he is wanting to slow the game down and run the ball.  Its like he is anticipating not having to score very much because Southern Miss runs and old fashioned offense.

Why cant we just come out swinging and not look back and see how much we can score and worry about how much the other team is going to try and score later?  We can look back on that after the game is over.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 08:54:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sourth Miss might run a more traditional offense.  But they run it well and are in the running for the division (which means they are pretty decent).  

They might not plan on scoring too much but they will pretty much plan on using their defense and their offense (ball control etc.) to make sure that we score very few points.  Their goal will probably be to goose egg us.  We cant realistically expect to score points like we did against Tulsa.  I remember other games in the recent past where we didnt make it to the end zone.  Coach has got to come out and fire up the offense.  If he trys to score 50 points he will probably be lucky to score half that many by games end.

The notion of just running the ball because we dont have to score too much is what will result in us walking away from this game with 0 or 3 points.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 08:54:32 AM »

Online svherd

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 08:56:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On any given day, any team can beat the other. Its been proven time and time again. Do you believe in miracles!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    « Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 09:09:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "svherd"
    ...Do you believe in miracles!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think we need a miracles. We just need a little better strategy and a break or two.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Online svherd

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 09:16:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was just referring to the 1980 USA Olymic hockey win and Al Michaels famous call - proving the point, that on any given day ....................

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 09:19:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MarK Snyder outcoach Jeff Bower to get a win? I don't think so. Snyder lets his players down with no halftime adjustments and we lose 31-20!

Offline BULLHALSEY

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 09:57:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not a chance w/our current coaching staff.  Some people need to get their heads out of their a$$ or go find another profession.  They are not getting anything done, unfortunately, I don't see it changing w/Snyder steering this ship.
    "Fill it up!!  Fill it up again!!  Once it hits your lips, it's so good!!"-Frank the Tank, Old School

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 10:15:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I would say there is about a 5-10% chance. Then again, i would have said there was about a 5-10% chance we would be 0 - 6.

Sad, but true.

Offline firstate

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 07:15:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • no

Offline ChuckeRoast

• Rookie
    « Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 07:43:46 PM »
  • [Like]0