Author Topic: Snyder nervous before games?  (Read 1516 times)

Offline DJdaHERDfan

Snyder nervous before games?
« on: October 18, 2007, 07:49:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seems like I have seen alot of posters on here make comments about Snyder being uptight or looking nervous or scared before a game.

Well, this is a true statement about what I saw on tv before the WVU game.

Snyder and RichRod were talking with each other on the field before the big game and the mics were on.
    Snyder tells RichRod, "I have been nervous all morning. I have thrown up 3 times already"

I thought to myself, why in the hell did he admit that to RichRod just before the big game.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

HerdFans.com

« on: October 18, 2007, 07:49:20 PM »

Offline Olen

Re: Snyder nervous before games?
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:55:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "DJdaHERDfan"
    I thought to myself, why in the hell did he admit that to RichRod just before the big game.

I'm pretty certain that Snyder was talking about his wife, Beth, not himself.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 08:09:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was at the walk just before the uspam game, and I was surprised he didn't upchuck on the side walk. Not only is he nervous, worse than that he is coaching conservatively.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline ShawHerd

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 09:24:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wouldn't want a coach that didn't throw up before the game. It's called going to war and that is exactly what it is. It just shows that he is "into" it.
    "I have heard people talk about the healing process - that sounds good - or closure," Dawson told the Los Angeles Times. "I don't know what closure is, but that area of my life will never be closed. But I feel alive again. I feel I can smile again."

Offline cubsrams1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 09:29:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "ShawHerd"
    I wouldn't want a coach that didn't throw up before the game. It's called going to war and that is exactly what it is. It just shows that he is "into" it.

Throwing up is fine. Telling the opposition you threw up is not.  You can bet your ass that Robert E. Lee didn't go running to U.S. Grant proclaiming that he was so nervous he hurled 3 times.

NOTE -- I didn't hear the quote, so I don't know if he said it and don't know if he was talking about himself.

Offline MUPE84

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 05:50:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think he was talking about his wife.

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 05:52:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I wouldn't want a coach that didn't throw up before the game. It's called going to war and that is exactly what it is. It just shows that he is "into" it.

Um, it's not called going to war and a football game is far from it.  Well, unless they are like Kellen Winslow and want to call themselves a "freakin' soldier"!

Other than that I agree with your point.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 07:17:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hell I think he should be nervous every week.  That wvu game was about the best we've played all year.

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 07:30:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "MUPE84"
    I think he was talking about his wife.

He was ...

This is pretty sad and ridiculous … There are quite a few on here now that are reading the papers and watching video clips just hoping to find a statement from coach that they can dissect,  and pick a part, and use out of context to prove some kind of point.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 08:03:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Throw up before a big game is not uncommon for coaches and players alike. Alot of times you will see a young players making their first appearance on the field do this. Come to think of it, again I've seen plenty of seniors to it to.

Online svherd

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 08:53:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coach Herman Boone threw up before the big championship game in "Remember the Titans." :o

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 09:09:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "svherd"
    Coach Herman Boone threw up before the big championship game in "Remember the Titans." :o

You are exactly right ... Also, Willie Beaman blew chunks on the field in several games ... Once in the huddle while calling the play in Any Given Sunday.  :razz:

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 09:09:48 AM »

Offline BULLHALSEY

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 09:59:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You would have NEVER, EVER heard a coach like Bobby Pruett say that to an opposing coach we were about to do battle with.  EVER.
    You might as well just have said,  "We are so honored to play you today!  Please take it easy on us.....please!"
    "Fill it up!!  Fill it up again!!  Once it hits your lips, it's so good!!"-Frank the Tank, Old School

Offline ShawHerd

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 10:09:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "HERDFAN1999"
    Quote from: "ShawHerd"

Um, it's not called going to war and a football game is far from it.  Well, unless they are like Kellen Winslow and want to call themselves a "freakin' soldier"!

Well...I certainly am not comparing football players to our brave soldiers in war but there are wars going on of different levels. I did not mean to infer otherwise. There is definitely an adrenaline rush preparing for a game that will cause expulsion from nervousness in a couple of places... :shock:  :lol:
    "I have heard people talk about the healing process - that sounds good - or closure," Dawson told the Los Angeles Times. "I don't know what closure is, but that area of my life will never be closed. But I feel alive again. I feel I can smile again."

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 10:12:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    He was ...

This is pretty sad and ridiculous … There are quite a few on here now that are reading the papers and watching video clips just hoping to find a statement from coach that they can dissect, and pick a part, and use out of context to prove some kind of point.

It's a construct of losing. If Snyder can get his head out of his arse and start winning, he can shut these fanatics up. If not, the knives will become sharper and the roar from the mob will become louder.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 01:28:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Quote from: "HERDFAN1999"
    Quote from: "ShawHerd"

Well...I certainly am not comparing football players to our brave soldiers in war but there are wars going on of different levels. I did not mean to infer otherwise. There is definitely an adrenaline rush preparing for a game that will cause expulsion from nervousness in a couple of places... :shock:  :lol:

Ah yes, I've seen it come from both ends quite a few times... Its not just the upchuck reflex...

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 01:33:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "BULLHALSEY"
    You would have NEVER, EVER heard a coach like Bobby Pruett say that to an opposing coach we were about to do battle with.  EVER.
    You might as well just have said,  "We are so honored to play you today!  Please take it easy on us.....please!"

Well, we should be honored to play them... And they should be honored to play us. It supposed to be an instate rivalry. I know the fans no nothing of respect, but the coaches need to show respect for each other.

Offline BULLHALSEY

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 01:42:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "alumni74"
    Quote from: "BULLHALSEY"
    You would have NEVER, EVER heard a coach like Bobby Pruett say that to an opposing coach we were about to do battle with.  EVER.

Well, we should be honored to play them... And they should be honored to play us. It supposed to be an instate rivalry. I know the fans no nothing of respect, but the coaches need to show respect for each other.

Whatever.  That is not Herd football.  We don't express that type of nervousness to the other team.  Makes us look pathetic.  We used to go play these teams with nothing but victory in our minds.  Period.
    "Fill it up!!  Fill it up again!!  Once it hits your lips, it's so good!!"-Frank the Tank, Old School

Offline Olen

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 02:54:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "BULLHALSEY"
    Whatever.  That is not Herd football.  We don't express that type of nervousness to the other team.  Makes us look pathetic.  We used to go play these teams with nothing but victory in our minds.  Period.

The point is moot - Snyder wasn't speaking of himself, but of his wife's nervousness.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 05:41:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Olen"

The point is moot - Snyder wasn't speaking of himself, but of his wife's nervousness.

If I was Snyder's wife I'd be nervous too, I mean he's on the verge of being unemployed. 9-20.
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline murox

• Varsity
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 06:53:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Massherdfan"
    Quote from: "Olen"

If I was Snyder's wife I'd be nervous too, I mean he's on the verge of being unemployed. 9-20.

You're a %&*^# prick.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "murox"
    Quote from: "Massherdfan"
    Quote from: "Olen"

You're a %&*^# prick.

Yeah, and Snyder is a loser (9-20)! So, what's your point.
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 07:20:37 PM »