Author Topic: Snyder Call-In Show  (Read 2732 times)

Offline 2001grad

• Varsity
Snyder Call-In Show
« on: October 25, 2007, 09:33:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone listen this week??

Just wondering if they took any calls or not.

HerdFans.com

Snyder Call-In Show
    « on: October 25, 2007, 09:33:09 PM »

Offline HerdBlizz

Re: Snyder Call-In Show
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:53:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Same old stuff...One guy called in and said that watching MS was watching the greatest coach in America....

Offline muherd34

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:24:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Same old stuff...One guy called in and said that watching MS was watching the greatest coach in America....

:D  Thanks...I needed a good laugh.

Offline herdman

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 10:36:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was his name Ray Charles or Ronnie Milsap?

Offline MUGirl01

• Rookie
    « Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 10:43:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Real classy gentlemen.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 11:10:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Real classy gentlemen.

Uh, no. But this is classy:

"You sir are not a true Marshall Football fan."
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline cubsrams1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 11:44:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really wish the "True Marshall fan" stuff would stop.

People express themselves in different ways.  Just because someone is in love with Snyder doesn't make them a bad fan.  And just because someone is very displeased with Snyder doesn't make them a bad fan.

People wouldn't spend so much of their free time on this, or any other, Marshall board if they weren't MU fans.

The "you are not a true Marshall fan" comments seem petty to me. 

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 12:12:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The 'real Herd fan' stuff aggravates me more than anything I've read on these boards.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 12:56:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Real classy gentlemen.

I support MS and want him to win...But to say that he is one of the best coaches in america is not only ridiculous, but delusional.  Maybe he will one day be great, but not at the moment.  If you cant laugh at someone making that comment on the radio, then you take things way to seriously.

Offline Aaron Perkins

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 09:50:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The 'real Herd fan' stuff aggravates me more than anything I've read on these boards.

More so than those ripping on everything Marshall...interesting comment.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 10:13:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like the other topic on the call in show has been locked or something.

But just wanted to put my 2 cents in on Sndyer' statement.

As a football coach, i dont think Snyder has what it takes.  Just my opinion.

But youve got to put yourselves in his shoes. 

If you were offered the job, you would probably take it and move your kids all the way down here.  Uproot them and reestablish your family here.  Its not his fault for taking the job.  If I was Snyder, for coming all the way down here I would expect my FULL buy out.  Its Marshall's fault for hiring him.  It was Marshall's decision, their mistake, and they should have to pay him out.  Its just not any personal fault of his.  Its not like he is trying to lose.  He wants to win as bad as we do or more.

If I was Snyder I would take the full buyout.  Marshall is just as responsible for the hiring of Snyder as Huntington is for electing a kid from New Jersey to be our mayor that was from New Jersey that was a Marshall graduate student with no expereince.

Sorry if this offends anyone.  But although Im not on Snyders side per say from a coaching perspective.  I cant help but be on his side from a personal perspective.
    « Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:15:29 AM by field pass »

Offline BULLHALSEY

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Excuse me, but a TRUE MARSHALL fan like myself is agonized over seeing my beloved HERD driven into the depths of obscurity by INCOMPETENCE, and we are not happy about it.  And we are expressing our frustration.  Do not call someone that is pissed about the squandering of talent not a TRUE HERD fan.  It is just the opposite.  Some of us understand what is going on, and there are obviously others that do not.
    "Fill it up!!  Fill it up again!!  Once it hits your lips, it's so good!!"-Frank the Tank, Old School

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 11:05:38 AM »

Offline Thunders

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 01:08:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do call someone who does not go to games not a true fan because of the record of the team or they have some yard work to do, and lives close by the stadium.  That deserve that.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline BULLHALSEY

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 02:29:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do call someone who does not go to games not a true fan because of the record of the team or they have some yard work to do, and lives close by the stadium.  That deserve that.
    Thunder, I cannot agree w/you more on THAT point.  You are exactly right.  I am arguing at these blowhards who think anyone, God forbid, that questions Snyder's competence(I can't imagine why anyone would do that) is not a TRUE HERD FAN.  It is just ridiculous to read.  A TRUE HERD FAN wants to see a COMPETITIVE football team.  If Snyder can accomplish that, great,  But he hasn't shown me any signs of any improvement, period.
    "Fill it up!!  Fill it up again!!  Once it hits your lips, it's so good!!"-Frank the Tank, Old School

Offline Oh Herd CR

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 06:35:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I go every week.  I didn't think it was the same.  I liked the question to Snyder "Do you think you deserved the contract extension?" 

Go Herd!
    Well done is better than well said.  - Ben Franklin

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 06:51:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I go every week.  I didn't think it was the same.  I liked the question to Snyder "Do you think you deserved the contract extension?" 

Go Herd!

Oh no OhHerd...you are walking dangerously close to the dark side.  Don't you realize that only non Marshall fans would ever ask such a question or think it is appropriate. :o

Offline Oh Herd CR

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 07:01:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, if it's dark out and I have to get somewhere....yep, I'm gonna walk in the dark.   :P

I don't think it's bad to ask challenging questions in a non-threatening way. 

There are just too many people in the world.  JMO   :D

Go Herd!

Offline marshall1123

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 08:25:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We cannot afford to fire snyder whether you like him or not. We don't have the money unless all of you are willing to buy him out and pay the new coach. The fact that he should not have an extension is not up for debate because he has it and there is nothing you can do about that.

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 10:54:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We cannot afford to fire snyder whether you like him or not. We don't have the money unless all of you are willing to buy him out and pay the new coach. The fact that he should not have an extension is not up for debate because he has it and there is nothing you can do about that.

You're gonna take a financial hit if you buy out the contract or if you keep him on and ticket sales drop (just like basketball did).

Pick your poison!
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline Oh Herd CR

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 12:46:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• You're gonna take a financial hit if you buy out the contract or if you keep him on and ticket sales drop (just like basketball did).

Pick your poison!

Gee, where, oh where, have I heard THAT before!   :o

Go Herd!

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 01:01:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

More so than those ripping on everything Marshall...interesting comment.

That's right pal, and you are one of the worst if not the worst to instigate the matter. You whine like a mule, tromp on any Herd fan that doesn't agree with you, and then hide behind the nearest moderator. But at least I don't have to listen to your trash on Herd Nation until spring.

Offline Aaron Perkins

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 07:05:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hahahahhaha.....you are too funny.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 07:05:19 AM »

Offline Thunder Struck

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 09:46:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Posted by: extragreen

But at least I don't have to listen to your trash on Herd Nation until spring.

I hope we win today just as much as the next herd fan ... but if Snyder blows another game ... you won't have to listen to his trash here as well.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 09:46:43 AM »