Author Topic: Are the Pats unstoppable?  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
Re: Are the Pats unstoppable?
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Easier said then done. The Chargers have arguably the best pass rusher in the game and he couldn't get to Brady.
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 01:52:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Easier said then done. The Chargers have arguably the best pass rusher in the game and he couldn't get to Brady.
    Nobody has got to him ... Their OL is very good ... To have a chance to get to him you have to blitz ... Even that hasn't been working.

Well, if you blitz you are leaving Moss, Welker, Stalworth, Watson, Faulk, etc. single covered ... How's that been working for everybody so far?

I'm not a Pats fan ... But, I admit that I love to watch them play ... If is flat fun to watch.

This team won't self destruct ... Best offense the league has ever seen ... Bar none ... It's not even that close.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 02:27:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very difficult to stop them. If you blitz Brady you are singling up Moss and company and that is 6 waiting to happen. You can;t rush 4 because you will get no pressure and Brady will kill you that way. Plus the opponent has to have an offense that can put at least 31-35 points a game.

Offline Herd at Work

• Junior Varsity
    • Still wearin the green- and still winnin
    « Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 07:36:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • you have to blitz someone and by a different scheme. you cant cover Moss with one man or a cover scheme.
    "At Marshall we play for championships"-Bob Pruett

Offline Max

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's not an all-or-nothing proposition.  You have to vary your looks and bring pressure from different points throughout the game.  Noise will be a factor in the dome.  Like with most games, the key is going to be winning on first and second downs.  Indy has to get that offense into predictable situations and tackle extremely well when they catch the ball.  YAC  is huge with N.E.  Like Pruett always said when addressing our team, you're going to give up some big plays from time to time, but you can't panic when you do.  New England is good, no doubt, but Indy is very good, as well.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 10:12:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's not an all-or-nothing proposition.  You have to vary your looks and bring pressure from different points throughout the game.  Noise will be a factor in the dome.  Like with most games, the key is going to be winning on first and second downs.  Indy has to get that offense into predictable situations and tackle extremely well when they catch the ball.  YAC  is huge with N.E.  Like Pruett always said when addressing our team, you're going to give up some big plays from time to time, but you can't panic when you do.  New England is good, no doubt, but Indy is very good, as well.

I think you have it reversed, Indy is good, but NE is very good. There's a reason Vegas has NE laying 4.5 on the road, they obviously think they're the better team.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 11:04:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Indy is very good but the Patriots are a super team. I'd like to see that midget Bob Sanders try and help deep on Moss.

Offline spaldy

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2009
    « Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 01:00:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Indy is very good but the Patriots are a super team. I'd like to see that midget Bob Sanders try and help deep on Moss.

I don't think that midget is going to try to "help deep".  I think he's more interested in knocking him into the next county.  He'll probably suceed.  He's a bigger target than most. 
    “This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future.” —Adolf Hitler, 1935

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 01:06:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Pats will stop themselves. right now they rely on the pass so heavily. If someone can get to Brady and shake him the Pats will go down.

Maroney is back now, with Maroney, Morris, and Faulk that's probably the best RB combo in the league. Maroney will get you 5+ yards a carry, Faulk and Morris are great in the pass routes out of the backfield.

Offline McGuyver

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 02:08:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the '72 Dolphins are getting a little shaky.
    "It's tough for people to understand...but we play with twelve men."
    "And our twelfth man is those 75 people....something has given us the edge.
    You can't buy it or create it any other way."

-Nate Ruffin

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007, 02:20:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I don't think that midget is going to try to "help deep".  I think he's more interested in knocking him into the next county.  He'll probably suceed.  He's a bigger target than most. 
    Sanders is a very good player ... This offense is not a good match up for him though ... His forte' is run support which is needed because their front seven is very shaky against the run ... Look at their stats vs. the run when he doesn't play ... very avg. at best.

Pass coverage is not his strong suit ... He is short and doesn't have a lot of speed or range.

If he plays as an extra LB in run support which he usually does then they will get killed over the top like everybody else ... If he backs off to help in pass coverage then their very avg. front seven will be exploited with the run.

That's just my opinion ... But, this is not a good matchup for them ... Nobody is a good matchup for the Pats right now ... This offense as it stands today is a nightmare to matchup against.
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 02:23:00 PM by ThunderZone »

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 02:39:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sanders is a very good player ... This offense is not a good match up for him though ... His forte' is run support which is needed because their front seven is very shaky against the run ... Look at their stats vs. the run when he doesn't play ... very avg. at best.

Pass coverage is not his strong suit ... He is short and doesn't have a lot of speed or range.

If he plays as an extra LB in run support which he usually does then they will get killed over the top like everybody else ... If he backs off to help in pass coverage then their very avg. front seven will be exploited with the run.

That's just my opinion ... But, this is not a good matchup for them ... Nobody is a good matchup for the Pats right now ... This offense as it stands today is a nightmare to matchup against.

Thunderzone, excellent breakdown on B. Sanders. That's exactly how I see it playing out.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 02:39:40 PM »

Offline Max

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2007, 05:01:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think you have it reversed, Indy is good, but NE is very good. There's a reason Vegas has NE laying 4.5 on the road, they obviously think they're the better team.

Both teams are very good, no denying that.  There is no doubt the Patriots can win in Indy, however Vegas sets the lines to entice gamblers to bet.  Too much betting on one side and the line changes.  The line has more to do with betting tendencies than the overall talent of one of the teams. 

Offline spaldy

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2009
    « Reply #38 on: November 01, 2007, 08:28:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Max

You are correct.  A lot more people have bought into the hype surrounding
    the pats and have overlooked the actual results the last 2 years.  Great for Vegas.  It will be interesting to see if the spread gets larger or smaller on this game as it approaches.  It it increases then you know the lemmings have really bought into the media hype on the great brady and the pats. 

The other interesting thing about this game is the fact that over the last couple of years this rivalry had kind of matured and the teams had developed a "respect" for each other.  That's kind of gone out the window this year with the cheating and running up the score.  The colts have the ability to score 50 points a game against many of their opponents but tend to run the ball and grind out the clock the last quarter against a lot of teams.   The pats just run up the score and the cheating really bothered some of the coaching staff.  Most have not gotten over the silk panty move the one "injured" Mcguinty pat pulled a couple of seasons ago in the last minute of the game.  The patriots lack any kind of moral compass and that comes back to roost over time. 

Should be a great game.  Cheating Bill should reach a new level of corruption on this game.  He's used the fake injury, diving on the pass routes,  chop blocking the defensive lineman and  stealing defensive signals so I'd be most curious with what he will come up with this game. 
    “This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future.” —Adolf Hitler, 1935

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #39 on: November 01, 2007, 11:01:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just remember, Moss comes up big in big games. Plus, this game is on turf and in a dome where Moss excels. Look for Moss to get involved early and often, thus a big day at the office for our Randy.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline Thunders

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2007, 06:30:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stopping the Pats this year will be VERY difficult for any team but it can be done. Any team in the NFL can be beaten. These are pros. They are all good but the Pats shouldn't lose this year saying all of that. Colts are their only challenge and the Pats will have a bye for the playoffs so that makes it that much easier for them.

If Brady or Moss gets injured it could make them vulnerable to a loss.  I have heard so much about Brady this year and not enough about Moss. Brady is a great QB but Moss is making him look like even better this year than he ever has looked. Moss on a good team is unstoppable. Actually there is only one team this year I think that has held Moss to no scores and that was my Brownies believe it or not.

Just enjoy it because you are seeing history right now of 2 of the best players to ever play their positions in the NFL. Imagine the numbers Brady and Moss would have if Moss would have played for the Pats straight out of school. It would be sickening. Moss is on pace to shatter Rice's records and there is no way the NFL can hold Moss from the Hall of Fame. No way.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #41 on: November 01, 2007, 06:54:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stopping the Pats this year will be VERY difficult for any team but it can be done. Any team in the NFL can be beaten. These are pros. They are all good but the Pats shouldn't lose this year saying all of that. Colts are their only challenge and the Pats will have a bye for the playoffs so that makes it that much easier for them.

If Brady or Moss gets injured it could make them vulnerable to a loss.  I have heard so much about Brady this year and not enough about Moss. Brady is a great QB but Moss is making him look like even better this year than he ever has looked. Moss on a good team is unstoppable. Actually there is only one team this year I think that has held Moss to no scores and that was my Brownies believe it or not.

Just enjoy it because you are seeing history right now of 2 of the best players to ever play their positions in the NFL. Imagine the numbers Brady and Moss would have if Moss would have played for the Pats straight out of school. It would be sickening. Moss is on pace to shatter Rice's records and there is no way the NFL can hold Moss from the Hall of Fame. No way.

Losing Brady would seriously hurt, it'd knock them down a notch. They're so good they'd be knocked down to the notch of just your run of the mill playoff caliber AFC team.

Losing Moss wouldn't be that big of a loss to them, it'd hurt, but nothing significant.

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2007, 09:28:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Losing Brady would seriously hurt, it'd knock them down a notch. They're so good they'd be knocked down to the notch of just your run of the mill playoff caliber AFC team.

Losing Moss wouldn't be that big of a loss to them, it'd hurt, but nothing significant.
    Agree & disagree with both of the last posts There is a compelling argument that can be made for both Moss & Brady as far as which should be MVP.

I know that we may be getting way ahead of ourselves, but, hell isn’t that what these boards are for?

The obvious pick at the half way point for MVP is Brady … Just look at the numbers ... And he is a QB and is in the glamour position and dates super models ... yada, yada, yada.

But, is he the true MVP … Or is he a byproduct of having Moss in his system and having a career year because of it?

For that matter the same can be said for Welker, Stalworth, etc…  This isn’t the first time people have had career best years when Moss was on the field with them.

You can make the argument that all of these guys are having their “career” years due to Moss and all of the attention that he demands just for being on the field.

Me, IMHO, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that one of the records the Pats are chasing (All Time Points Scored in a Season) … The most prolific offense the league has ever seen to this point … Also contained a man by the name Randy Moss … The ’98 Vikings.

I don’t think that is by accident … The mismatches he creates makes the job easier for everybody else on the field …

His presence demands a double team … Even if it’s a run to the other side of the field … If you don’t shade a safety his way to at least offer the delusion of a possible double team,  then Brady could always audible out of the called play … Do you want to roll the dice against Moss in man up coverage ... If you left him in single coverage then you will die.

It can be that easy … When you have that kind of talent on the field … Which is why he is my pick for MVP… at the half way point anyway.

Offline spaldy

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2009
    « Reply #43 on: November 02, 2007, 08:09:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Couple of points.

I think it's great that pat's fans are already locking in a perfect season
    and playoff byes.  That's good talk for the rest of the league. Certianly great talk if you are a Colts fan.   In looking over the national media and the prognosticators is as if the Colts haven't beat them in years. 

I think the addition of Moss has made a huge difference.  Moss has made Brady as much of a threat as Harrison has made Manning but he's done in in 1/2 a season.  I think that if Cheating bill wins you have to believe that Moss will be a huge factor regardless of his stats.  He does play well on turf.

However,  the real factor to the pats this year is the O-line.  They are better than the colt's O-line and thats probably more of a difference. 

Even with all of that I think the Colts win this one.   I think there will be a home field advantage and it won't just be the fans. 

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2007, 09:53:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As stated before, I’m not a Pats fan … I’m not a wagon jumper … But, they are a fantastic team that is entertaining to watch.

I’m stuck in football purgatory being a lifelong Radiers fan.

My allegiance aside … I makes zero difference what Pat’s fans are doing … Zilch … If the Pat’s  team felt this way in a lockeroom then you have a problem … But, fans are fans and it doesn’t matter if they think they will go undefeated or not … That is crazy.

BB will not let that kind of mindset rear it’s head on his team … You can wish for it, but it’s not gonna happen … The main reason why? … The way that this video spy gate thing continues to be thrown up in their face … That is all of the motivation they will need … This will fuel them all season, because it still gets brought up and will continue to just pi$$ them off … They will continue to use this as motivation and beat teams like a police informant at Gambino family reunion.

Also, the past games don’t matter … The personnel for both teams is different … The Colts haven’t beaten THIS Pats team … Nobody has … For that matter nobody has beaten this Colts team … But, too fall back on past games as a barometer for this one is nonsense … You can’t begin to compare last seasons Pats to this years version.

I don’t think the homefiled will be a huge hurdle for the Pats … A watered down Pats team lost the AFC Championship their by a mere 4 points and should have won had it not been for more dropped passes than I can count … Which is what brought on the talent overhaul at the WR spot this year.

Pats will win by double digits and will run the ball very well in this game … All focus has been on their passing game, and for good reason … The running game will be huge for the Pats in this one and a big reason why they will win handily.

Obviously, you are a Colts fan … That’s great … I can respect that … But, sitting on the outside and not having any ties to either team I don’t see this being that hard of a game to call.

One thing is for certain though … I can’t wait to watch this game … And hopefully again in the AFC Championship … I don’t think there is much question that this is the two best teams.

Offline spaldy

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2009
    « Reply #45 on: November 05, 2007, 03:06:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Moss came up big.  Manning did not and Marvin Harrision was a no show.  Even with that scenario the Pats win by 4.

The encouraging thing as one cheering against the pats is that the ego of Cheatin Bill is such that he will go for the perfect season.  By season end he will have injuries and used up all his "cheatin tricks".  Pretty obvious that the officials are watching them real close. 

If the pats can't even cover the spread without Marvin Harrison,  the starting left tackle and the middle linebacker  then they won't have cupcake walk everyone thought.   

Good thing they had moss or they lose this game. 

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #46 on: November 05, 2007, 03:10:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was pretty obvious to me and the rest of America that the Refs had a nice hand in keeping the game close (phantom pass interference calls). NE set a franchise record yesterday in penalties. ???
    (3-9 & 12-23)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2007, 03:10:10 PM »

Offline spaldy

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2009
    « Reply #47 on: November 05, 2007, 03:31:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Not saying this because it this is a Marshall site but it was also very obvious that Moss is MVP.  Some of Brady's passes were horrible and
    a couple were just toss up's that Moss went and got.  The colts could not
    stop him.  They did not have much trouble with anyone else.  Without Moss they just load up on Welker and they get nothing.  The "all world" maroney looked like a lamb.  Total non factor even though the colts were playing pass defense most of the game.   

This game also supported what some of the posters said.  You could take Joey Harrington and put him behind this line and he's be an all pro QB. Every pass play Manning was hurried.  Brady had 2-3 times as much time and still just ended up tossing the ball sometimes.

The officiating will be biased the rest of the year.  you run up the score, you cheat on defensive signals, you talk trash and then act surprised when corporate america turns on you.   The NFL is very corporate and they will keep teams in line whether it's fair or not. 

this won't be the only game that the pats don't cover the spread. 

Offline spaldy

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2009
    « Reply #48 on: November 05, 2007, 03:33:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was pretty obvious to me and the rest of America that the Refs had a nice hand in keeping the game close (phantom pass interference calls). NE set a franchise record yesterday in penalties. ???

I guess the 3 points that were gained by those 2 calls made all the difference?  what happened to the 20-30 point blowout?

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #49 on: November 05, 2007, 03:44:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I guess the 3 points that were gained by those 2 calls made all the difference?  what happened to the 20-30 point blowout?

It was actually 6 points that were gained from those two horrible calls... Thus, it was the deciding factor on whether the pats covered the spread, which they obviously did not.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2007, 03:44:05 PM »