Author Topic: Are the Pats unstoppable?  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
Are the Pats unstoppable?
« on: October 28, 2007, 07:16:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another trophy in Boston?

A ring for Randy?

Can anyone make Brady break a sweat?

Can we get a green hoodie with the sleeves cut off for Snyder?

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

HerdFans.com

Are the Pats unstoppable?
    « on: October 28, 2007, 07:16:06 PM »

Offline cubsrams1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 02/2009
    Re: Are the Pats unstoppable?
    « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 07:23:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This year should solidify Moss's place in the Hall of Fame.

Offline 2001grad

• Varsity
    « Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 07:33:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, but the Redskins suck!!!

I'm about tired of Boston sports to be honest with you. 

Offline McGuyver

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 10:29:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can we get a green hoodie with the sleeves cut off for Snyder?

Mark did have on a plain-looking gray sweatshirt with "Thundering Herd"
    written on it during the game Saturday.
    "It's tough for people to understand...but we play with twelve men."
    "And our twelfth man is those 75 people....something has given us the edge.
    You can't buy it or create it any other way."

-Nate Ruffin

Offline spaldy

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2009
    « Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 07:54:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Pretty tough to score those last 2 or 3 touchdowns a game when in the
    4th quarter when you are up 21+ points!  It takes a real winner to run up the score. 

The pats couldn't beat colts the last 3 times they played them even with the extra help of reading defensive plays.  Even with the cheating and the better team the pats couldn't get it done last year and I don't think they will get it done this year.  The colts have done a masterful job in just lettign the whole media machine jabber on on how the Pats are the greatest thing to ever have hit pro football. 

Even the "get tough" new sheriff in town NFL commission just gives them a slap on the wrist and a 500k fine.  He's a real disciplinarian just like the NCAA.  Some teams get a pass while others get stomped as "examples".   

To answer your question.  There is a team that can beat the pats and it will happen on Monday night.  Teams that cheat and take short cuts lose when they run into teams that do it right and do it with hard work and preparation.  Running up scores and cheating are done all the time but that type of effort falls short when you run into an equal team that does it right.
    “This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future.” —Adolf Hitler, 1935

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

Offline banker

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 09:15:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wow, somebody has some issues with the Pats.

What you fail to realize is Belichek and Brady are making everyone pay for the spying incident.  What you also fail to acknowledge is that Brady has been a good QB for years even though he has had mediocre WR talent.  Now he has some real talent and an offensive line that is blocking great.

Also you seem to have forgotten that the Pats will lose their 1st round draft pick next year in addition to the $750k (not $500k) in fines.  It is the stiffest penalty ever handed out by the NFL.

As far as running up the score, an NFL team only has 53 players, it's not like they could bring in the third string against the Redskins because they don't have a third string.

Offline herdround

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 09:40:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • YES. Moss, Welker and Brady are a three headed monster that nobody has ever seen before. Unstoppable.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 10:03:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

4th quarter when you are up 21+ points!  It takes a real winner to run up the score. 

The pats couldn't beat colts the last 3 times they played them even with the extra help of reading defensive plays.  Even with the cheating and the better team the pats couldn't get it done last year and I don't think they will get it done this year.  The colts have done a masterful job in just lettign the whole media machine jabber on on how the Pats are the greatest thing to ever have hit pro football. 

Even the "get tough" new sheriff in town NFL commission just gives them a slap on the wrist and a 500k fine.  He's a real disciplinarian just like the NCAA.  Some teams get a pass while others get stomped as "examples".   

To answer your question.  There is a team that can beat the pats and it will happen on Monday night.  Teams that cheat and take short cuts lose when they run into teams that do it right and do it with hard work and preparation.  Running up scores and cheating are done all the time but that type of effort falls short when you run into an equal team that does it right.

This is the NFL! Stop them if you don't want points being scored.

Offline Green Dog

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 10:25:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This TEAM is probably as good as any I've ever seen in the NFL. They are truly dominate right now.

I would like to see Randy get a ring but I can't make myself cheer for the Pats.
    All you ever hear about is how great Tom Brady is. I realize he's good. Very good without a doubt. I also realize his front line is the best in the NFL.

Put Brady behind the front line of the dolphins, raiders, rams ect... and its a whole different ballgame. Let him run for his life or even get hit a few times a game and we would see a very different result I'm sure.

Not to mention he's a pretty boy who sleeps with the supermodel of his choice and my wife would leave me in second for him... 

I hate that guy! ;)

Offline herdfan1989 (HN)

• Rookie
    « Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 11:01:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This TEAM is probably as good as any I've ever seen in the NFL. They are truly dominate right now.

I would like to see Randy get a ring but I can't make myself cheer for the Pats.
    All you ever hear about is how great Tom Brady is. I realize he's good. Very good without a doubt. I also realize his front line is the best in the NFL.

Put Brady behind the front line of the dolphins, raiders, rams ect... and its a whole different ballgame. Let him run for his life or even get hit a few times a game and we would see a very different result I'm sure.

Not to mention he's a pretty boy who sleeps with the supermodel of his choice and my wife would leave me in second for him... 

I hate that guy! ;)

You putting him behind the Dolphins, Raiders, or Rams line is absurd. You can make that claim for anyone. Any QB would struggle. The Patriots are dominant.

Offline Green Dog

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 11:17:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You putting him behind the Dolphins, Raiders, or Rams line is absurd. You can make that claim for anyone. Any QB would struggle. The Patriots are dominant.

Uh, Yea.... I think you confirmed my point. Exactly.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 11:31:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mark it down, Pats win in Indy by 21 next Monday.

This is the greatest team ever assembled in the NFL... Then factor in Belichick being pissed at the league, and you have yourself a recipe for blow outs.

The Redskins had the 3rd best D in the league and the Pats made them look worse than the Dolphins. Peyton better strap it on tight this week... ;D
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 11:31:41 AM »

Offline WayGreen72

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 11:56:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Super Bowl of 2007 will be played on SUNDAY in Indianapolis at 4:14.

Colts haven't lost to the Patriots since 2004 and it won't happen this year either.
    "We've got to get behind the team we have right now. We've got to make them dream again, we've got to start setting our goals high."  - Coach Donnie Jones

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 12:24:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Colts haven't lost to the Patriots since 2004 and it won't happen this year either.
    Colts were very fortunate to win last year in the playoffs ... If it wasn't for an also ran WR like Reche Caldwell dropping 5 passes they win ...

So the wen't and replaced their WR's with Moss, Welker, and Stalworth ... You can't even compare the Pat's from last year to this one ... Night and day ... Pat's of last are a couple dropped balls from winning anyway.

I'm not a Pat's fan ... I'm not a johnny come lately wagon jumper ... But, this team is fun to watch ... They make it look too easy ... It's not as easy as they make it.

Somebody said that the Redskins suck ... Actually they don't ... Far from it ... They have a very good "D" ... Top 5 in the league with a secondary that was playing as good as anybody ... Until they ran into this team.

Indy is not going to win this game ...

They only way to beat the Pat's is to score with them ... Which the colts could do, but I don't see it ... And hope the Pats shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers, because you aren't going to line up and stop them all day ... They are gonna score their points ... I don't see them self destructing.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 12:34:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Have you watched the Pats this year? This is like the 1996 Herd. They will blow out the Colt by 3 td's on Sunday.

Offline Max

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 12:40:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It won't be a blowout in Indy.  The Colts are a better team than that.  I hope the Colts can stand toe to toe with them because I'm curious to see how the Pats' defense stands up in a close game.  It should be a very good game. 

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 01:21:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

The last 3 times the Pats played Indy they didn't have their headhunter Rodney "I'll make your nose bleed " Harrison roaming the middle of the field. it's a completely different ball club this year... Factor in R. Moss alone and that completely changes the complexity of the game. Funny thing is, Randy doesn't even need to catch or be thrown the ball to alter the outcome of the game - his presence alone changes games.

This game will be as lopsided as the previous 8. The Kraft's have given BB the green light to make a 19-0 example out of the NFL. Robert kraft was not a happy man when he had to fork over 250 grand earlier this year, and no, he was not mad at BB, but rather the Comish.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 01:26:05 PM by Massherdfan »
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 01:28:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I also agree w/ DC01... This Pats team is very much like the 1996 herd and the way they ran through the competition.  The Pats have better talent, schemes, and coaching than any other team they will face.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline Max

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 01:40:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unlike the 1996 Herd team, the Pats are one Brady injury away from being very average.

Offline spaldy

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2009
    « Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 01:55:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I guess that's why they play the game. I'd also wager all of your money on the pats if they get less than a 3 touchdown spread.  Sounds like thats the minimum they could win by. 

I think the loss of a pick and a 750k fine was kind of a slap on the wrist.  If that's the raiders or a small market team it's probably a couple of games along with a lot more money and draft picks.  Hard to calculate the advantage a team's offense  gets when they know the play in advance. 

It's also kind of hard to figure out how you lose to a team like the Colts twice in one year with same defense they will be facing this year and not knowing the defensive plays in advance.   

I think the colts will do fine against them. 
    “This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead into the future.” —Adolf Hitler, 1935

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 02:19:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I guess that's why they play the game. I'd also wager all of your money on the pats if they get less than a 3 touchdown spread.  Sounds like thats the minimum they could win by. 

I think the loss of a pick and a 750k fine was kind of a slap on the wrist.  If that's the raiders or a small market team it's probably a couple of games along with a lot more money and draft picks.  Hard to calculate the advantage a team's offense  gets when they know the play in advance. 

It's also kind of hard to figure out how you lose to a team like the Colts twice in one year with same defense they will be facing this year and not knowing the defensive plays in advance.   

I think the colts will do fine against them. 

Well, the opening line is the Pats by 4.5. I'll be making a very large wager on the Pats. God luck.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 08:57:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • the pats are great, but I think they and the colts have been playing the exact opposite game...I think the colts might be sandbagging just a little.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 08:57:05 PM »

Offline firstate

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 11:04:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • yes, they are.

Offline spaldy

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2009
    « Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 08:28:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It won't be a blowout in Indy.  The Colts are a better team than that.  I hope the Colts can stand toe to toe with them because I'm curious to see how the Pats' defense stands up in a close game.  It should be a very good game. 

I'd load up on this one then. Vegas will be happy to give you 20 points and the patriots.  That leaves you at least 4 touchdowns.  I'd put my IRA and any discretionary income on this one it's such a gimme. 

You right on Harrison.  He's way better than Sanders who also missed this game.  He's a non factor for the colts.  Load up even more. 

You are also right about the krafts.  They told their team to "take it easy" on other teams the last couple of years.  Now they are mad and they want them to play 100%.  The nerve of that  do gooder and pioused commissioner to fine the pats just for stealing defensive signals.  I can't believe anyone would get upset that the pats cheated.  In fact,  I think they should sue the NFL for enforcing this rule.  Rules are just for small market teams and teams not in favor with the commish.   

Bet heavily this sunday.  You should be living large on Monday.  This is a shoe in for a win for the pats.  I'm sure that Brady will be able to score 3 or 4 more touchdowns in the fourth quarter. 

Offline Herd at Work

• Junior Varsity
    • Still wearin the green- and still winnin
    « Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 01:41:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Pats will stop themselves. right now they rely on the pass so heavily. If someone can get to Brady and shake him the Pats will go down.
    "At Marshall we play for championships"-Bob Pruett

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 01:41:38 PM »