Author Topic: synder supporters  (Read 9290 times)

Offline goherd17

Re: synder supporters
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2007, 02:54:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll keep looking up, maybe wins will start falling out of the sky too.
      I have said it once and I will say it again.  We had to many bandwagon fans that jumped on board while we were winning and now they cant handle a couple of bad years.  Go Herd!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2007, 02:54:57 PM »

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #151 on: November 07, 2007, 03:23:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •   I have said it once and I will say it again.  We had to many bandwagon fans that jumped on board while we were winning and now they cant handle a couple of bad years.  Go Herd!!

Hey I was just being sarcastic, if you can't take it thats your fault.  If bandwagon fans still buy season tickets, donate money, and support their university in more than just football, then I guess thats me. 

Theres a difference between being able to handle a couple of bad years and recognizing mismanagment as the cause. 

You can feel free to stay on your coaching/admin bandwagon, but watch out for the cliff.

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #152 on: November 07, 2007, 03:33:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like I said this board is full of College football coaches and AD's.  You guys should apply for the job and you are so damn smart I am sure they would give you the job.  Maybe you could be our AD and our football coach and mabye even a professor.  

I just don't get statements like this.  Are MU fans only "smart" MU fans if they share one slanted opinion?

I will say this: I'm almost willing to hire some of the folks on these boards to coach.  They'd probably lose . . . but I bet they'd do it for a lot less money than what we're currently paying.   ;)

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #153 on: November 07, 2007, 03:53:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • that is not true.  we would not have been eligible to play in the 1-aa championship.

as i recall, Boise St chose to move up a couple of years before us from 1-aa to 1-a, they used a transition year and weren't elegible.  maybe wku is doing that this year too.  we did not use a transition year and we had the 1-aa scholly limit in 1996.

Actually the rule changed after us...

Boise was eligible and beat us in the 1994 1-AA playoffs, only finished 7-4 in 1995 and wasn't good enough to make the playoffs, then were 1-A in 1996.

You are stuck now with two transition years, so WKU can't compete in the 1-AA playoffs, they can't win a conference title, and they can't go to a bowl this season and next.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #154 on: November 07, 2007, 04:15:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just don't get statements like this.  Are MU fans only "smart" MU fans if they share one slanted opinion?

I will say this: I'm almost willing to hire some of the folks on these boards to coach.  They'd probably lose . . . but I bet they'd do it for a lot less money than what we're currently paying.   ;)

TL, what you have to understand is the people who make these statements are more enamored with    Mark "I don't have tan lines" Snyder, than they are w/ the betterment of our beloved University. I can almost assure you that the 4 or 5 posters who continually defend this guy will be nowhere to be found once this relationship is terminated. These posters are not for MU but rather MSU -- (Mark Snyder University). No coach or admin is bigger than the University!
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2007, 04:27:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree Mass!

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
    « Reply #156 on: November 07, 2007, 04:35:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All I know is that when he came to Ironton he led us to two SEOAL titles  and a state championship game. So I would like to thank the people of South Point for the gift. He was an all state performer the minute he got here.

But I have been told by someon from Ironton that people still have not forgiven Snyder for losing the state championship game.  He wanted to do it all himself on the last play instead of handing-off to the running back. Now this is just what I have been told. I am not from Ironton.

Offline goherd17

« Reply #157 on: November 07, 2007, 05:23:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mass you dont know what you talking about.  I have told you before I have been a Herd fan for over 30 years.  And I will continue to be one no matter who the coach is.  It has nothing to do with Mark Snyder.  I just say give the man a chance and thats it.  Yes he has made mistakes but I guess you are perfect.  If he does not get it turned around he should be fired but not after basically 2 years on the job.  So you can make all the stupid comments you want about it being about coach snyder its not I am a loyal herd fan and will continue to be no who the coach of the herd is.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #158 on: November 07, 2007, 05:33:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mass you dont know what you talking about.  I have told you before I have been a Herd fan for over 30 years.  And I will continue to be one no matter who the coach is.  It has nothing to do with Mark Snyder.  I just say give the man a chance and thats it.  Yes he has made mistakes but I guess you are perfect.  If he does not get it turned around he should be fired but not after basically 2 years on the job.  So you can make all the stupid comments you want about it being about coach snyder its not I am a loyal herd fan and will continue to be no who the coach of the herd is.

Goherd17, I glad you're a fan of bad business. Were you a big fan of ENRON too?

By the way, I never mentioned you in my post. You must just be assuming I meant you.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Online 2xBison

« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2007, 05:34:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Actually the rule changed after us...

Boise was eligible and beat us in the 1994 1-AA playoffs, only finished 7-4 in 1995 and wasn't good enough to make the playoffs, then were 1-A in 1996.

You are stuck now with two transition years, so WKU can't compete in the 1-AA playoffs, they can't win a conference title, and they can't go to a bowl this season and next.

o.k. screw the rule change and transition years.  we did not have 22 more schollys in 1996
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #160 on: November 07, 2007, 06:22:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• o.k. screw the rule change and transition years.  we did not have 22 more schollys in 1996

We did. Most of them were filled though with freshman, rs-freshman, and sophomores, then some were filled by Jerald Long and Eric Kresser.

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    « Reply #161 on: November 07, 2007, 09:13:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We did. Most of them were filled though with freshman, rs-freshman, and sophomores, then some were filled by Jerald Long and Eric Kresser.

I believe at the time, and I think this is still true, that in 1 AA you can have partial scholarships not to exceed 85 counters. So you have 65 schollies divided among 85 guys. Not sure we were doing this but it was possible.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

HerdFans.com

« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2007, 09:13:34 PM »

Online 2xBison

« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2007, 10:10:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i don't believe that for a minute.

now if you are trying to count partials as schollys maybe you can get to a higher number.  but, that really is one of the main definitions between 1-a and 1-aa, the number of schollys
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline billybob

« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2007, 11:07:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I honestly can not believe this thread is still going on. I started it to get the opinion of all the synder supporters and it has taken on a life of its own. over 1800 views and nearly 170 post on one thread. wow. Herd fans really are passionate.

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #164 on: November 08, 2007, 12:02:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For the 1995 and 1996 seasons we were allowed to bump up to 85 scholarships, we were still limited by the annual no more than 25 new counters rule. Now the rule is you spend 2 years (like WKU is doing) as a transitional school where you are allowed to bump up to 85 scholarships, but are still limited to 25 new counters per year.

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #165 on: November 08, 2007, 08:46:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I honestly can not believe this thread is still going on. I started it to get the opinion of all the synder supporters and it has taken on a life of its own. over 1800 views and nearly 170 post on one thread. wow. Herd fans really are passionate.

Congrats billybob, I think this thread has covered just about everything  :P.  Maybe if it keeps going we'll get to basketball and some other sports, lol.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #166 on: November 08, 2007, 08:55:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope Donnie Jones turns out to be a good hire.  I think he will be a better hire than Snyder, no doubt, and he definitely is bringing a more exciting game philosophy to Huntington. 

I feel optimistic that he will be moving things in the right direction from the get go. Plus, he teaches an exciting brand of bball.  The bball season could be just what the doctor ordered to refresh our outlook.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #167 on: November 08, 2007, 09:03:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope Donnie Jones turns out to be a good hire.  I think he will be a better hire than Snyder, no doubt, and he definitely is bringing a more exciting game philosophy to Huntington. 

I feel optimistic that he will be moving things in the right direction from the get go. Plus, he teaches an exciting brand of bball.  The bball season could be just what the doctor ordered to refresh our outlook.

DJ did the smart thing and went out and hired quality proven assistant coaches. Something Snyder didn't do and it shows. You would think that at least Snyder's guys would be able to break down film on the opposition seeing that is all they had on their resume when they were hired by Snyder.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #168 on: November 08, 2007, 09:10:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • LOL....there we go.

Offline goherd17

« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2007, 10:57:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mass. I have a question for you.  I know you live in Mass. and dont get to attend many games.  But if you lived within a couple of hrs would you still attend the games with your beloved coach snyder as the coach?  Just curious.  Also I was on a plane out of Charleston after the WVU game with a architect from Boston that was at the game just wondering if that was you?

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #170 on: November 08, 2007, 11:23:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To answer your first question, of course I would be at every game... Now would I be happy w/ what I was watching, NO. 

Wasn't me, I'm not an architect. I'm in the E-Commerce business.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline goherd17

« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2007, 11:40:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well I'm glad you would still attend even though we are loosing.  I dont like the situation we are in myself and I know coach Snyder has made some mistakes lets just hope it gets better.  I just want him to succeed so bad since he played for the herd.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2007, 11:40:17 AM »

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    « Reply #172 on: November 08, 2007, 11:56:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i don't believe that for a minute.

now if you are trying to count partials as schollys maybe you can get to a higher number.  but, that really is one of the main definitions between 1-a and 1-aa, the number of schollys

From the NCAA bylaws and rules.:

15.5.5.2 Championship Subdivision Football. [FCS] There shall be an annual limit of 30 on the number
    of initial counters (per Bylaw 15.02.3.1), an annual limit of 63 on the value of financial aid awards (equivalencies)
    to counters, and an annual limit of 85 on the total number of counters (including initial counters) in football
    at each football championship subdivision institution. (Revised: 1/10/91 effective 8/1/92, 12/15/06)

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Offline The Decorator

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #173 on: November 08, 2007, 01:03:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pruett did fine with the transition from IAA to the MAC, and the move from the MAC to CUSA is a much less dramatic transition than moving divisions.  Snyder has proven nothing and does not deserve another year.  THis is a business, and if you have 3 straight years of running in the red, you will get removed.  Look at Citigroup.  Case in point.  Move on.

Online 2xBison

« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2007, 02:15:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • thanks photo.

like i said, i do not believe we had 85 in 95 or 96.  i just don't have time to research it.  i also recall something about Boise St in 95, how they weren't eligible or something like that due to the added schollies prior to thier move.  i just can't recall for sure and too lazy or busy to look it up
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2007, 02:15:33 PM »