Author Topic: synder supporters  (Read 9341 times)

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
Re: synder supporters
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 10:51:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mickey Mathews
    Jim Donnan
    Bob Pruett

I was hoping for Donnan before we sunk the ship with Snyder.  I think he would be interested and we should go get him.  It won't happen with KO, but he should be let go too.  Does anyone know the relationship between Pruett and Donnan?  Good?Bad?Indifferent?  IMO a winning combo for all athletics would be Pruett as AD and Donnan as the head football coach.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 10:51:38 AM »

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 10:54:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Abbot & Costello, Laurel & Hardy? Any comedy duo would be better than the two bumbling idiots we have now.
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Online herd2win

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2007, 11:00:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mass...that is the best line I have read...the comedy of errors that Marcum and Snyder are putting us through would make for a great nightclub show in Vegas but is terrible for an athletic department...there is no way anyone can say that Snyder has MU going in the right direction.

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 11:33:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Blame what you want.
    Blame who you want.

Bottom line is that under Snyder for the last 3 years, there are no signs of improvement. No system to build on. No show of "work in progress".
    In year 3 of Snyder era, our program has went backwards.

For example, once Morris is gone, you notice that we have no proven QB to take over. You would think in year 3, there would be somebody developed and ready for taking over the reigns at QB. We literally will be starting over at QB next year. A good coach wouldn't let that happen.

That alone leads me to beleive that 2008 will be no different.

Honestly, this thing is going like Jirsa's tenure.
    When does MU finally pull the plug?
    Well, the track record doesn't lie.
    MU will sit on this and sit on this until the program has just been decimated to nothing.
    Snyder will be here another year for sure and 2009 if when he wins 4 or 5 games in 2008.
    Then after his 5th losing season in 2009, MU will finally stop ignoring the mounting damage done and cut ties with Snyder.

Same old thing just as the basketball.
    Talent talent talent is what we hear. losses losses losses is what we see.

Now if the HERD wins more than 6 games next year, I will be the first to say that I was wrong and be happy as hell.
    But I am afraid this blind squirrel will not find the nut.

IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 11:36:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Blame what you want.
    Blame who you want.

Bottom line is that under Snyder for the last 3 years, there are no signs of improvement. No system to build on. No show of "work in progress".

For example, once Morris is gone, you notice that we have no proven QB to take over. You would think in year 3, there would be somebody developed and ready for taking over the reigns at QB. We literally will be starting over at QB next year. A good coach wouldn't let that happen.

MU will sit on this and sit on this until the program has just been decimated to nothing.
    Snyder will be here another year for sure and 2009 if when he wins 4 or 5 games in 2008.
    Then after his 5th losing season in 2009, MU will finally stop ignoring the mounting damage done and cut ties with Snyder.

Now if the HERD wins more than 6 games next year, I will be the first to say that I was wrong and be happy as hell.

Unfortunately, I think you hit the nail on the head... Now please excuse me while I go cry. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Online muherd34

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2007, 11:43:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Blame what you want.
    Blame who you want.

I have posted about the qb situation next year before.  Can you hear it know...."Well, we dont have any experience at qb, we have the talent.  We have got to get that fixed".  I am not trying to be annoying, but this will be MS excuse next year when the offense is sucking.

Online herd2win

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2007, 12:11:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Everyone can already see the excuse coming...we are breaking in a new QB...it is year 3 and everyone knew Morris would be a senior so we should have someone ready for next year and we don't...this stinks!

Offline Chevy1

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2007, 12:40:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • so you mean to tell me that if BP was here with his recruiting prowess we would be better.

Yes.  Yep.  Yes-sirree-bob. Ya.  Si.  Oui.  Roger.  10-4 good buddy.  Abso-friggin-lutely. 

This just in.....C-USA is ranked below the MAC in 2007. 

Assuming the rankings are based upon facts, how is Snyder's job more difficult today than what Pruett delivered while he coached against MAC teams?

Better yet, what has Snyder done to show you he's capable of delivering a winning season?  We'll not even get into a perfect, undefeated season of which Pruett delivered two and nearly three.  Or a win against a top ten program.  Or at least playing with BCS schools.
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Slice11

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2007, 12:48:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's an excuse.....players getting to come to school for free and think they are god's and then tackle and run like 4th graders.  I am not saying Snyder isn't at fault partially but my god HAVE YOU WATCHED THE PLAYERS THAT ARE OUT THERE.  You can teach the fundamentals but these guys have no heart.  You can't coach HEART!! 

With the exception of Slate and Morris, Hoskins from time to time.

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #34 on: November 04, 2007, 12:51:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes.  Yep.  Yes-sirree-bob. Ya.  Si.  Oui.  Roger.  10-4 good buddy.  Abso-friggin-lutely. 

This just in.....C-USA is ranked below the MAC in 2007. 

Assuming the rankings are based upon facts, how is Snyder's job more difficult today than what Pruett delivered while he coached against MAC teams?

Better yet, what has Snyder done to show you he's capable of delivering a winning season?  We'll not even get into a perfect, undefeated season of which Pruett delivered two and nearly three.  Or a win against a top ten program.  Or at least playing with BCS schools.

Did you hear that CUSA has 5 of the top 10 rushers in NCAA?  That is a glaring testament to the qulaity of defensive play in CUSA.  It isn't any better than the MAC and this Marshall team coulddn't finish in the top half of the eastern division in the MAC.

Offline Chevy1

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2007, 12:52:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's an excuse.....players getting to come to school for free and think they are god's and then tackle and run like 4th graders.  I am not saying Snyder isn't at fault partially but my god HAVE YOU WATCHED THE PLAYERS THAT ARE OUT THERE.  You can teach the fundamentals but these guys have no heart.  You can't coach HEART!! 

Now, that's simply not true because, you know, Snyder's recruited the best talent that's ever strapped on a Herd helmet. 
    « Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 12:54:35 PM by Chevy1 »
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Banshee

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2007, 12:56:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My question to all the snyder bashers is this who would you hire as the new coach? please keep in mind money does not grow on trees!
    Just a thought, but I'll throw this guys hat in the ring for '08:  http://kuathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/warinner_ed00.html
    Incredible what they've been able to do w/ a sophomore QB at Kansas.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2007, 12:56:29 PM »

Online luvherd

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2007, 12:58:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Leave the players out of this.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline svherd

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2007, 03:38:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • two more years of this and we should consider dropping football, its atrocious. Cut your losses now, get a experienced, older coach while we still have a damn decent reputation.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline sinjin79

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #39 on: November 04, 2007, 04:11:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

You do understand that teams take on the personality of their coach?

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2007, 05:52:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DJ said in his post "For example, once Morris is gone, you notice that we have no proven QB to take over. You would think in year 3, there would be somebody developed and ready for taking over the reigns at QB. We literally will be starting over at QB next year. A good coach wouldn't let that happen. "

Does anyone have the stats for the 8 games we have played this year that shows how many snaps another qb has taken? I am guessing you might be able to count them on one hand.

Offline banker

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2007, 09:28:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually, it was Pruett recruited and trained players that at least allowed us to win some gomes and stay competitive in others in 2005 and 2006.

IN 2005 we won 4 games and lost 4 others by 10 points or less.  Our losses at home were by 2 points, 3 points and 5 points.  We lost 3 games by 20 or more.  The seniors in 2005 had 3 or 4 years with Pruett and his staff.

In 2006 we won 5 games but only two of our losses were by 10 points or less.  We lost 3 games by 20 or more.  The seniors has 2 or 3 years with Pruett and his staff.

In 2007 we have won 1 game and lost 3 by 10 or less.  We have lost 4 games by more than 20 already this year.  These seniors had 1 or 2 years with Pruett and his staff.

SO in 2005 we had 8 games (out of 11) which we really competed in.  In 2006 this number dropped to 7 (out of 12), and so far this year it's 4.  For those that say CUSA was a step up in competition, well all three years are CUSA years so the competition has been pretty much the same.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #42 on: November 04, 2007, 09:39:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, at least you admit "the mistake" will be gone after two more years.
    Thats a start!  ;)

Actually I think you will be begging him to stay in two years.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #43 on: November 04, 2007, 09:43:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As for the mess that was left it will come full circle in the lawsuit. The money being spent in the lawsuit could have bought Snyder all the help he needed.

Offline Oh Herd CR

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #44 on: November 04, 2007, 09:58:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder Fanatic, Alumni & Marshall Soccer will never see the light. They're as much of a lost cause as the Maroon coaching our team.

It looks like you just called some fellow Herd fans "morons".

:(

Go Herd!  Beat ECU!

Well done is better than well said.  - Ben Franklin

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #45 on: November 04, 2007, 10:15:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DJ said in his post "For example, once Morris is gone, you notice that we have no proven QB to take over. You would think in year 3, there would be somebody developed and ready for taking over the reigns at QB. We literally will be starting over at QB next year. A good coach wouldn't let that happen. "

Does anyone have the stats for the 8 games we have played this year that shows how many snaps another qb has taken? I am guessing you might be able to count them on one hand.

Actually, Garner has game experience at Ga. Tech... Thats why Snyder filled that void between Morris and the freshman. He was an elite 11 out of HS which doesn't really mean anything. But he is a matured QB.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #46 on: November 04, 2007, 10:25:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder Fanatic, Alumni & Marshall Soccer will never see the light. They're as much of a lost cause as the Maroon coaching our team.

I will say this again, we hired an individual who was not academically eligible to play division 1 athletics coming out of high school.  Hence, the stop at the junior college level.

If Snyder was signed by Morehead state out of HS. How could this be true ? Your losing credibility here, buddy.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2007, 10:25:04 PM »

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2007, 10:34:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Snyder was signed by Morehead state out of HS. How could this be true ? Your losing credibility here, buddy.

Morehead is just a glorified community college.  ::)
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #48 on: November 04, 2007, 10:36:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Morehead is just a glorified community college.  ::)

Actually they are 1aa school.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #49 on: November 04, 2007, 10:39:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Morehead is just a glorified community college.  ::)

However, I remember when they use to beat our a$$.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2007, 10:39:57 PM »