Author Topic: synder supporters  (Read 9337 times)

Offline GreenBison

Re: synder supporters
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2007, 11:10:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • However, I remember when they use to beat our a$$.

Like New Hampshire?
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2007, 11:10:17 PM »

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2007, 11:15:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • However, I remember when they use to beat our a$$.

Actually we beat Morehead 38 times, losing only 12 and tying 4.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/conferenceusa/marshall/opponents.php
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #52 on: November 04, 2007, 11:18:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After what was printed in the paper last week Im suprised the assistant coaches even showed up at the game. Im sure that wasn't a distraction for them or the team. Hell, I would have stopped right there and started looking for another job. Couldn't that have waited til the last game ?

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007, 01:19:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually, Garner has game experience at Ga. Tech... Thats why Snyder filled that void between Morris and the freshman. He was an elite 11 out of HS which doesn't really mean anything. But he is a matured QB.

Garner is still UNPROVEN as a HERD QB.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #54 on: November 05, 2007, 08:48:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually, Garner has game experience at Ga. Tech... Thats why Snyder filled that void between Morris and the freshman. He was an elite 11 out of HS which doesn't really mean anything. But he is a matured QB.

Garner did not take any snaps at G. Tech... Go back and look at the box scores.
    You're the one w/ no credibility.
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #55 on: November 05, 2007, 08:52:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Snyder was signed by Morehead state out of HS. How could this be true ? Your losing credibility here, buddy.

Why the stop over at the Junior College then? Was he having difficulty staying eligible at Morehead for god sake?  Snyder went to as many schools as OJ Mayo did high schools. ;D
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2007, 08:52:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After what was printed in the paper last week Im suprised the assistant coaches even showed up at the game. Im sure that wasn't a distraction for them or the team. Hell, I would have stopped right there and started looking for another job. Couldn't that have waited til the last game ?

If Snyder allows his coaches to just pack it up then 2 things need to happen
    1 they need to be shown the door yesterday and 2 Snyder should be shown the door with them.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #57 on: November 05, 2007, 10:28:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why the stop over at the Junior College then? Was he having difficulty staying eligible at Morehead for god sake?  Snyder went to as many schools as OJ Mayo did high schools. ;D

Your saying he was a prop out of HS. Which is it ? Did he go to a JUCO to avoid sitting out a year when he transfered ? Your the one slinging the mud surely you would know.... I think there are alot of kids that walk into the wrong situation and then transfer. I believe Garner is in that situation and he has a 4.0 GPA. Does that mean he can never be a head coach somewhere ? 

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #58 on: November 05, 2007, 10:45:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your saying he was a prop out of HS. Which is it ? Did he go to a JUCO to avoid sitting out a year when he transfered ? Your the one slinging the mud surely you would know.... I think there are alot of kids that walk into the wrong situation and then transfer. I believe Garner is in that situation and he has a 4.0 GPA. Does that mean he can never be a head coach somewhere ? 

I've tried several times to track down the colleges Snyder attended, but mysteriously they are missing from his bio. It only has Marshall listed as the school(s) he attended for one year.  ???
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2007, 01:38:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • as i recall he either went to or intended to go to at some point the following before showing up at MU and playing 1 yr.

Ok St, NE Oklahoma JC, Kent St and Marshall
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #60 on: November 05, 2007, 01:57:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • as i recall he either went to or intended to go to at some point the following before showing up at MU and playing 1 yr.

Ok St, NE Oklahoma JC, Kent St and Marshall

Is this the order in which he attended these schools you list. Where is his stop at Morehead since Alumni says he signed out of high school?  Why so many schools for Mark, anyone have an answer?
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline tradebait

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2007, 02:35:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What's the point in all this?  Snyder is struggling as a HC @ Marshall and we are 1-8 as a result.  I could care less about where he went and how many schools he attended.
    We don't have enough good players and the coaching has been sub par, that's all that matters.
    Superior skill and knowledge win over fear and superstition each and every time.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2007, 02:35:17 PM »

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #62 on: November 05, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What's the point in all this?  Snyder is struggling as a HC @ Marshall and we are 1-8 as a result.  I could care less about where he went and how many schools he attended.
    We don't have enough good players and the coaching has been sub par, that's all that matters.

My point is the hiring committee didn't do their homework before hiring this guy.  It's evident w/ MS's decision making in crucial situations over the past 3 years.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #63 on: November 05, 2007, 03:08:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Give me a break... I dont think there is anyone more hard headed than you. I can only tell you that he signed a full scholarship out of HS with Moorehead St. I could easily pull it up on the internet but I dont think the internet was invented yet. You must think your on to something big but what I said is fact.

Its not like it means anything one way or another because he was an all american DB at Marshall and that is a fact as well.

George O'leary never played a down of college football so I really dont know where you are going with it other than trying to smear him.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #64 on: November 05, 2007, 03:19:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Did he or did he not have a stop at a Junior College? Most players have stop overs at Junior College when their grades suffer.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline tradebait

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2007, 03:28:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My point is the hiring committee didn't do their homework before hiring this guy.  It's evident w/ MS's decision making in crucial situations over the past 3 years.
    That doesn't make sense to me.  He came as a highly regarded asst from OSU.
    He was recommended by his boss (Tressel).  Sounds like you're trying to pound on someone for a bad hire.  Pound away, I was happy when Snyder got the job, as were most people if I remember correctly
    But, man it sure looks like I was wrong!!  ::)
    No one is happy with the state of Herd football, but it is a little late to beat up on the hiring committee at this late date.  Besides, we may have the some of the same group hiring the next coach.
    I know one thing I do not want to see us give preference to guy because he's a "Marshall guy" when the time comes to start a search.  This program, Hell the whole athletic dept needs new blood.
    Superior skill and knowledge win over fear and superstition each and every time.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #66 on: November 05, 2007, 03:33:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That doesn't make sense to me.  He came as a highly regarded asst from OSU.
    He was recommended by his boss (Tressel).  Sounds like you're trying to pound on someone for a bad hire.  Pound away, I was happy when Snyder got the job, as were most people if I remember correctly
    But, man it sure looks like I was wrong!!  ::)
    No one is happy with the state of Herd football, but it is a little late to beat up on the hiring committee at this late date.  Besides, we may have the some of the same group hiring the next coach.
    I know one thing I do not want to see us give preference to guy because he's a "Marshall guy" when the time comes to start a search.  This program, Hell the whole athletic dept needs new blood.

Well I for one was not happy w/ the hire as I did not feel like there was a real national search conducted. Once again MU sold themselves short by only considering candidates who had a connection to WV (Snyder, Keuck and Holliday).
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline tradebait

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2007, 03:36:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well I for one was not happy w/ the hire as I did not feel like there was a real national search conducted. Once again MU sold themselves short by only considering candidates who had a connection to WV (Snyder, Keuck and Holliday).
    I wasn't privy to the hiring process.  All I know is we need to look everywhere for qualified candidates.  There is no sense in artificially limiting your applicant pool.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #68 on: November 05, 2007, 03:54:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Did he or did he not have a stop at a Junior College? Most players have stop overs at Junior College when their grades suffer.

Alot of players go the JUCO route when they transfer also to avoid having to sit that year. This gives you the opportunity to get a scholarship instead of walking on somewhere.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #69 on: November 05, 2007, 04:13:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Alot of players go the JUCO route when they transfer also to avoid having to sit that year. This gives you the opportunity to get a scholarship instead of walking on somewhere.

I'm not buying. He went JUCO because of his grades.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #70 on: November 05, 2007, 04:16:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just FYI, I found this from the article when Snyder was first hired at MU:

As a student, Snyder attended Morehead State, Oklahoma State, Northeast Oklahoma Junior College and Kent State before ending up at Marshall. He came to Huntington as a quarterback, having led Northeast Oklahoma to the junior college national championship game.

He was ruled ineligible to play in 1986 before becoming the starting free safety in 1987, when the team advanced to the Division I-AA championship game before losing to Northeast Louisiana, 43-42.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #71 on: November 05, 2007, 04:32:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just FYI, I found this from the article when Snyder was first hired at MU:

My god, do you think he could have squeezed in another stop somewhere along the way. When did he graduate high school 1980? :(
    (3-9 & 12-23)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2007, 04:32:45 PM »

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #72 on: November 05, 2007, 04:34:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't wait to see how Alumni74 spins this one... in 4, 3, 2, 1. :D
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #73 on: November 05, 2007, 04:36:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually he would've gone to school for at the most 5 years.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2007, 04:37:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WOW! No wonder he is always making poor decisions.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2007, 04:37:48 PM »