Author Topic: synder supporters  (Read 9310 times)

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
Re: synder supporters
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2007, 04:56:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually he would've gone to school for at the most 5 years.

Considering he went to 5 schools and had to sit out a year at Marshall for not having the GRADES, I count at least 6 years in school maybe more.
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2007, 04:56:51 PM »

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #76 on: November 05, 2007, 04:59:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Considering he went to 5 schools and had to sit out a year at Marshall for not having the GRADES, I count at least 6 years in school maybe more.

Considering once you start school you have 5 years to play 4, I'd bet it was 5 years, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to play for us in '87.

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    « Reply #77 on: November 05, 2007, 05:30:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Considering once you start school you have 5 years to play 4, I'd bet it was 5 years, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to play for us in '87.

Does the eligibility clock start ticking when you start school if you are not an athlete? For example if he went one year just as a regular student and went out for the team a year later, would he have 4 to play 5 at that point or from the first day he started classes.

Just curious. I could work on a Ph. D. and play DT.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #78 on: November 05, 2007, 05:32:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Does the eligibility clock start ticking when you start school if you are not an athlete? For example if he went one year just as a regular student and went out for the team a year later, would he have 4 to play 5 at that point or from the first day he started classes.

Just curious. I could work on a Ph. D. and play DT.

At the Division 1 level it counts as soon as you go to school full-time, regardless of when you're playing sports or if at all. At the D2 and D3 level there is no 5-year clock, that's why you see old-timers go back and play college sports it is always at a D2 or D3 school.

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #79 on: November 05, 2007, 05:35:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • found a link that he graduated from Ironton in 83, which meant he was in college in 83-84, 84-85, 85-86, 86-87, 87-88, five years.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #80 on: November 05, 2007, 05:43:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • found a link that he graduated from Ironton in 83, which meant he was in college in 83-84, 84-85, 85-86, 86-87, 87-88, five years.

Why would anyone go to 5 different schools in 5 years? ??? Could it have been grades?
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #81 on: November 05, 2007, 05:45:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why would anyone go to 5 different schools in 5 years? ??? Could it have been grades?

I don't know, you'd have to ask him, could've easily been playing time, being too far away from home, etc.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #82 on: November 05, 2007, 05:53:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know, you'd have to ask him, could've easily been playing time, being too far away from home, etc.

How could you expect to get playing time if you're only at each school for a year max? I don't buy that theory.

Obviously being away from home wasn't much of a factor considering he played at two schools in Okla. Not buying this theory either.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #83 on: November 05, 2007, 05:54:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You can buy whatever theory you want, but he went to school for five years (which is average) and graduated.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #84 on: November 05, 2007, 05:57:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You can buy whatever theory you want, but he went to school for five years (which is average) and graduated.

But it was at 5 different schools...  That my friend, is not average.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    « Reply #85 on: November 05, 2007, 05:59:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • But it was at 5 different schools...  That my friend, is not average.

I can't imagine filling out 5 college apps. What a pain in the patoot.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #86 on: November 05, 2007, 06:01:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • But it was at 5 different schools...  That my friend, is not average.

more impressive, since some credits likely didn't transfer over.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2007, 06:01:56 PM »

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #87 on: November 05, 2007, 06:04:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • more impressive, since some credits likely didn't transfer over.

Come on now, lets not get too carried away. 
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #88 on: November 05, 2007, 06:08:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I feel sorry for who ever was his admission officer at Marshall... Wow, can you imagine trying to decipher MS's transcripts? Cleaning up Snyder's academic mess was probably as difficult a job as it's going to be cleaning up the mess he has turned MU football into. :-[
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    « Reply #89 on: November 06, 2007, 01:02:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder doesn't got it.  Snyder gets 2 learning curves per schools attended in college, which is why he got an extension until 2013.   Too long to wait for a head coach that doesn't have the natural gifts that make an outstanding head coach; Marshall needs to cut its ties now.
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 01:08:29 AM by Dreamherd »

Offline banker

« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2007, 01:05:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder jumped around in college for the same reason he left South Point to go to Ironton; he wanted to play QB.  Wasn't happening at SP because he was second string behind Jackie Plants (who sucked).  Mark's dad got into a fight with an assistant coach at the Coal Grove game and Mark went off to Ironton.

He never played at Morehead, and actually I don't think he was there for more than a few weeks.  Took a Schollie at Okla. State where they said they would give him a shot at QB (never intended to, or he didn't have it, so they switched him to SS).  Again, he left, went to the JUCO where he got to play QB and did pretty well.  Thought he would go to Kent St. and get a shot at QB, didn't work out so he ended up at Marshall at safety to finish up.

Of course the irony is he was an All American safety in his one year at Marshall setting the int record with 10 that season.  If he had listened to the coaches at OSU back in 1984 he could have possibly become an All American in the Big 12 and went on to the NFL, he was a very good player.

What all this is meant to show you is that Mark is extremely hard headed.  You see it in the fact that he wouldn't listen to coaches throughout his playing days and you see it in his inability to adjust his coaching philosiphy to match the strengths of his team.  My guess is you'll see it again at the end of the season when he refuses to fire certain assistants he has put under his wing.  In each case his inability to change will be to his detriment.

Offline hookem herd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #91 on: November 06, 2007, 01:16:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder jumped around in college for the same reason he left South Point to go to Ironton; he wanted to play QB.  Wasn't happening at SP because he was second string behind Jackie Plants (who sucked).  Mark's dad got into a fight with an assistant coach at the Coal Grove game and Mark went off to Ironton.

He never played at Morehead, and actually I don't think he was there for more than a few weeks.  Took a Schollie at Okla. State where they said they would give him a shot at QB (never intended to, or he didn't have it, so they switched him to SS).  Again, he left, went to the JUCO where he got to play QB and did pretty well.  Thought he would go to Kent St. and get a shot at QB, didn't work out so he ended up at Marshall at safety to finish up.

Of course the irony is he was an All American safety in his one year at Marshall setting the int record with 10 that season.  If he had listened to the coaches at OSU back in 1984 he could have possibly become an All American in the Big 12 and went on to the NFL, he was a very good player.

What all this is meant to show you is that Mark is extremely hard headed.  You see it in the fact that he wouldn't listen to coaches throughout his playing days and you see it in his inability to adjust his coaching philosiphy to match the strengths of his team.  My guess is you'll see it again at the end of the season when he refuses to fire certain assistants he has put under his wing.  In each case his inability to change will be to his detriment.

You nailed it on the head! I played against him in High School and you describe him to a T.

Greg Adkins

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #92 on: November 06, 2007, 06:07:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wasn't happening at SP because he was second string behind Jackie Plants (who sucked).  Mark's dad got into a fight with an assistant coach at the Coal Grove game and Mark went off to Ironton.

If I recall correctly, SP was 6-0 at the time when his dad went off on the coach (one of my family members was the SP coach who held Mr. Snyder in a headlock until he calmed down).

SP was winning, but Mark's dad INSISTED that his son should be playing QB over the kid who was already WINNING GAMES.  Can't recall for sure, but I think Mark was only a sophomore at the time and the other kid was a returning starter.

Offline RIVER HERD

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #93 on: November 06, 2007, 07:12:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was one of the captains on that South Point team. You are right Charlie thought mark should be playing over Jack Plants. Where do you get Jack Sucked ??? He did a great job, Good enough for us to win the O V C that year.

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #94 on: November 06, 2007, 07:35:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At the Division 1 level it counts as soon as you go to school full-time, regardless of when you're playing sports or if at all. At the D2 and D3 level there is no 5-year clock, that's why you see old-timers go back and play college sports it is always at a D2 or D3 school.

I didn't think the clock started until you actually registered with the NCAA Clearinghouse.  At least thats how I think it was when I graduated.

Online svherd

« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2007, 08:32:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marks got to fix that, being hard headed! :D

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #96 on: November 06, 2007, 09:04:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mark being "hard-headed" (most refer to this as being dumb) is going to result in him being unemployed.  Good luck coaching linebackers at NE Okla JC.
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 09:42:02 AM by Massherdfan »
    (3-9 & 12-23)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2007, 09:04:34 AM »

Offline banker

« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2007, 10:29:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was one of the captains on that South Point team. You are right Charlie thought mark should be playing over Jack Plants. Where do you get Jack Sucked ??? He did a great job, Good enough for us to win the O V C that year.

Dale West carried that team on offense and Tex Richard on defense if I remember correctly.  Maybe saying Jack sucked was a little strong, but Charlie Snyder was right in saying Mark should have been starting, he was better.  It was just a case of the coach going with the upperclassman and in all honesty it was probably better for team chemistry, it was a junior heavy team and those guys were all pretty close. (Fair assessment?)

Offline RIVER HERD

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #98 on: November 06, 2007, 10:36:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Offence....... RICK MARCELLO. Dale West. And the Colman Twins.
    Defence....... All ELEVEN would Knock your JOCK STIFF.

Offline banker

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2007, 11:33:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Forgot about Rick, thinking 82 instead of 81.  Wonder if he's still married to Angie (who was, IMO, the best looking girl at SP during those years).

What ever happened to Kelvin and Calvin?  They still around the area?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2007, 11:33:43 AM »