Author Topic: synder supporters  (Read 9300 times)

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
Re: synder supporters
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2007, 10:46:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm a Coach Snyder supporter.  I like the way he is building the program and I think we will see some good results next year.  Even with this years young team and the injuries Marshall was in just about every game.  A couple of plays here and there would have been the difference: A sign of a young team.  To call for Coach's head when his first recruiting class was 2006 seems a bit unfair.

Although I see somewhat of a turn-a-round next year, I believe we are two years away from where we want to be talent wise. 2009 is year year I believe we really take off and we see the fruits of the labor that is being put forth. Its a hell of a sacrafice but I think it will be well worth it in the long run.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2007, 10:46:14 AM »

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #126 on: November 07, 2007, 11:01:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Although I see somewhat of a turn-a-round next year, I believe we are two years away from where we want to be talent wise. 2009 is year year I believe we really take off and we see the fruits of the labor that is being put forth. Its a hell of a sacrafice but I think it will be well worth it in the long run.

Well hopefully someone else is coaching the Herd by 2009. When you defend Snyder you treat the situation as if he took over a program that hadn't won in 20+ years, when in fact it was completely the opposite (20+ winning seasons).

This program did not need to be rebuilt, but guess what, it does now! I would just like to thank Mark Snyder for giving me 3 years of  miserable Saturdays! Thanks! :'( :-[ :'( :-[ >:( >:( :'( :-[ >:( >:( :( :(
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #127 on: November 07, 2007, 11:05:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well hopefully someone else is coaching the Herd by 2009. When you defend Snyder you treat the situation as if he took over a program that hadn't won in 20+ years, when in fact it was completely the opposite (20+ winning seasons).

This program did not need to be rebuilt, but guess what, it does now! I would just like to thank Mark Snyder for giving me 3 years of  miserable Saturdays! Thanks! :'( :-[ :'( :-[ >:( >:( :'( :-[ >:( >:( :( :(

It didn't need a complete rebuilding, but it did need a lot of work. Snyder hasn't done a very good job coaching up the talent he's got here, but it's not like he walked into the same situation Pruett did when he became the head coach.

Offline Marshall Faithful

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #128 on: November 07, 2007, 11:16:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are all watching the same Marshall team, we just see things differently.  Massherdfan makes some good points but where Mass sees “…a team that is poorly prepared week after week and continues to make the same mistakes over and over.”  I see the mistakes and miscues of a young team.  Film, reps in practice and time will fix this problem.  I know that some will say that after 9 games these aren’t freshmen any more, but I disagree.  Older players have the experience of 9 games plus a year, or two years or three…  It makes a difference.

Mass also mentions that during the UCF game he thought “…this team has given up.”  I didn’t get a feel for the emotion of the team watching the game on TV but I hope that’s not the case.  For most of the season, up to the Rice game, I’ve been impressed by the heart the team has demonstrated.  That is coaching leadership carried out by the upperclassmen and other team leaders.

I think Alumni74 is on the money when he said “2009 is year I believe we really take off and we see the fruits of the labor that is being put forth.”  But like I said, next year we will be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. 

One thing we all agree on is we love the Herd and that is why these past seasons have been so painful.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pruett would have gotten us to bowl games the last 2 years.  I can't tell if we have talent or not because they are so poorly prepared and are making the same mistakes over and over. Snyder would have done something to screw up the 96 team.

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #130 on: November 07, 2007, 11:19:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pruett would have gotten us to bowl games the last 2 years.  I can't tell if we have talent or not because they are so poorly prepared and are making the same mistakes over and over. Snyder would have done something to screw up the 96 team.

my wife wouldn't have screwed up the '96 team. we backed into the best wr in college football history, we had 22 more scholarships than any of our competitors.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #131 on: November 07, 2007, 11:19:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It didn't need a complete rebuilding, but it did need a lot of work. Snyder hasn't done a very good job coaching up the talent he's got here, but it's not like he walked into the same situation Pruett did when he became the head coach.

I would say it needed "tweaked," not necessarily "a lot of work." Snyder's biggest mistake was coming in and trying to change the identity herd football already had. Now three years later no one including Snyder know what the hell our identity is. I would love to hear how he is selling this mess to recruits, it's probably as entertaining as reading his quotes from the press conferences. See below for a real gem.

When asked if it is the mindset now as a C-USA coach that you have to go into games at out-score the opponent based on all the high-scoring games in the conference:
    "Yes, it is probably the mindset right now. It is hard for me to say that and it breaks my heart to have to say that. But, for this year...yes, you have to out-score people.

I'm honestly beginning to come to the conclusion that this man might be mildly mentally impaired. They just keep getting better and better each week. ::)
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 11:25:21 AM by Massherdfan »
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Online muherd34

« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2007, 11:57:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would say it needed "tweaked," not necessarily "a lot of work." Snyder's biggest mistake was coming in and trying to change the identity herd football already had. Now three years later no one including Snyder know what the hell our identity is. I would love to hear how he is selling this mess to recruits, it's probably as entertaining as reading his quotes from the press conferences. See below for a real gem.

When asked if it is the mindset now as a C-USA coach that you have to go into games at out-score the opponent based on all the high-scoring games in the conference:
    "Yes, it is probably the mindset right now. It is hard for me to say that and it breaks my heart to have to say that. But, for this year...yes, you have to out-score people.

I'm honestly beginning to come to the conclusion that this man might be mildly mentally impaired. They just keep getting better and better each week. ::)

Lol.  I believe that is the whole point of playing the game, right?  I know what he means, but it just sound stupid. It is obvious that the goal is to out score people.

Offline goherd17

« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2007, 12:13:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No the program did not need rebuilt but it was not in good shape when snyder got here.  The probation finally caught up to us and the injuries have killed the team.  Coach P. got killed in his last game coached and the only talent left on team was Morris who you guys bashed for the last couple of years and Bradshaw and of course Big albert who did not play this year.  I dont claim to know what the problems are like a bunch of people on this board I am not a coach or AD like a bunch of people on here are but I do hate loosing like everybody else on this board.  I guess all we can do is keep supporting the Herd and that I will do no matter what.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #134 on: November 07, 2007, 12:18:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No the program did not need rebuilt but it was not in good shape when snyder got here.  The probation finally caught up to us and the injuries have killed the team.  Coach P. got killed in his last game coached and the only talent left on team was Morris who you guys bashed for the last couple of years and Bradshaw and of course Big albert who did not play this year.  I dont claim to know what the problems are like a bunch of people on this board I am not a coach or AD like a bunch of people on here are but I do hate loosing like everybody else on this board.  I guess all we can do is keep supporting the Herd and that I will do no matter what.

There was enough talent here when Snyder arrived to win at least 6 games a year. Also, you forgot to add Dennis Thornton who was all-conference until Snyder got a wild hair and thought he would be better suited playing nickel back (how'd that work out). This blunder still pisses me. DT made way more plays than Josh Johnson ever thought about making.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #135 on: November 07, 2007, 12:20:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There was enough talent here when Snyder arrived to win at least 6 games a year. Also, you forgot to add Dennis Thornton who was all-conference until Snyder got a wild hair and thought he would be better suited playing nickel back (how'd that work out). This blunder still pisses me. DT made way more plays than Josh Johnson ever thought about making.

Dennis was moved because he had personal issues where he couldn't come to practice during the week, and considering that he was constantly out of position in the pass game when he was at practice it wasn't that big of an issue.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2007, 12:28:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dennis was moved because he had personal issues where he couldn't come to practice during the week, and considering that he was constantly out of position in the pass game when he was at practice it wasn't that big of an issue.

Out of position? He was our best player on defense. No wonder Snyder had academic troubles.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2007, 12:28:40 PM »

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #137 on: November 07, 2007, 12:30:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Out of position? He was our best player on defense. No wonder Snyder had academic troubles.

So, you broke down all 716 defensive plays that year to see who was in position, who did what they were supposed to do, and who didn't?

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2007, 12:37:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So, you broke down all 716 defensive plays that year to see who was in position, who did what they were supposed to do, and who didn't?

No, only the first 4 games of the year. I, also was never academically ineligible either.

Offline goherd17

« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2007, 12:40:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like I said this board is full of College football coaches and AD's.  You guys should apply for the job and you are so damn smart I am sure they would give you the job.  Maybe you could be our AD and our football coach and mabye even a professor.  

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #140 on: November 07, 2007, 12:40:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No, only the first 4 games of the year. I, also was never academically ineligible either.

You also do know that around 30-35 of his tackles came on special teams, where he was dominant.

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #141 on: November 07, 2007, 12:41:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dennis was moved because he had personal issues where he couldn't come to practice during the week, and considering that he was constantly out of position in the pass game when he was at practice it wasn't that big of an issue.

There's no defense for that one.  I agree DT was a great player.  Moving him was just plain dumb.  It doesn't matter if he never practiced once, he was a gamer and you knew he would show up on game day.  I'd take 11 guys on D with his emotion and fire any day.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2007, 12:44:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You also do know that around 30-35 of his tackles came on special teams, where he was dominant.

When he was on the field he got to the ball and he got to it quickly. It didn't matter if it was teams or defense. He would be all over the place.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #143 on: November 07, 2007, 01:43:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

You're contradicting yourself... if DT was always out of position on pass plays then why would you move him to nickel back where he would only be playing in passing situations? ??? Wouldn't the logical thing to do be play him on 1st & 2nd down and bring someone else in on 3rd? Oh, wait a minute, we're talking about MS, nothing he has done since taking the MU job has been logical.

P.S. -- Snyder if you win the coin toss this weekend take the %^&* ball to begin the game!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #144 on: November 07, 2007, 01:49:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You're contradicting yourself... if DT was always out of position on pass plays then why would you move him to nickel back where he would only be playing in passing situations? ??? Wouldn't the logical thing to do be play him on 1st & 2nd down and bring someone else in on 3rd? Oh, wait a minute, we're talking about MS, nothing he has done since taking the MU job has been logical.

P.S. -- Snyder if you win the coin toss this weekend take the %^&*ing ball to begin the game!

He was out of position because he would over pursue on PA, etc, but if you put him in as a nickel back in obvious passing situations you blitz him or you lock him man to man on the slot WR.

Offline goherd17

« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2007, 01:56:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Give it up soccer these people dont give Snyder credit for nothing.  Like getting Cody Slate, Edmondson, Passmore, Darius Marshall, Josh Evans and all of the other young players we have to look forward to.  I guess they just fell out of the sky into Huntington.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #146 on: November 07, 2007, 01:57:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was out of position because he would over pursue on PA, etc, but if you put him in as a nickel back in obvious passing situations you blitz him or you lock him man to man on the slot WR.

It still takes away from his strengths. This is just another item on Snyder's long list of STUPID coaching mistakes. It appears only the Snyder defenders are/were supportive of this move. After game 3 last year everyone knew it wasn't working, yet Snyder was too hard headed to admit it was a mistake and put DT back on the field.

You want to talk about someone who is always out of position and constantly over purses, see none other than Josh "I'm a bust" Johnson. That guy hasn't been in position to make a play in 2 years.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2007, 01:57:35 PM »

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #147 on: November 07, 2007, 01:59:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Give it up soccer these people dont give Snyder credit for nothing.  Like getting Cody Slate, Edmondson, Passmore, Darius Marshall, Josh Evans and all of the other young players we have to look forward to.  I guess they just fell out of the sky into Huntington.

I'm glad Snyder was able to get these guys. Now if we can just find someone to coach them we could/would be alright.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #148 on: November 07, 2007, 02:01:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I'll keep looking up, maybe wins will start falling out of the sky too.

Online 2xBison

« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2007, 02:20:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    we had 22 more scholarships than any of our competitors

that is not true.  we would not have been eligible to play in the 1-aa championship.

as i recall, Boise St chose to move up a couple of years before us from 1-aa to 1-a, they used a transition year and weren't elegible.  maybe wku is doing that this year too.  we did not use a transition year and we had the 1-aa scholly limit in 1996.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2007, 02:20:51 PM »