Author Topic: synder supporters  (Read 9296 times)

Offline goherd17

Re: synder supporters
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2007, 02:18:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With all respect to Coach Pruett he also had randy moss, chad pennington, and so on.  When Coach Snyder took over he did not have those kind of players plus we had just come off of probation.  No its not the same at all and the Mac was horrible when we joined.  Yes some teams stepped up after we were there but not when we joined.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2007, 02:18:15 PM »

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #176 on: November 08, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With all respect to Coach Pruett he also had randy moss, chad pennington, and so on.  When Coach Snyder took over he did not have those kind of players plus we had just come off of probation.  No its not the same at all and the Mac was horrible when we joined.  Yes some teams stepped up after we were there but not when we joined.

Fact is we still should be better than 1-8 in his third season. And we should have had at the very least 6 wins in each of his first 2 seasons.
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline goherd17

« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2007, 02:33:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah maybe but with all the injuries etc and I think 60 or so of our 85 players are either freshmen or sophmores.  Its hard to have depth with a roster like that.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #178 on: November 08, 2007, 03:03:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah maybe but with all the injuries etc and I think 60 or so of our 85 players are either freshmen or sophmores.  Its hard to have depth with a roster like that.

It is what it is... lets quit making excuses for the guy and put some pressure on him to win. MS hasn't had to answer a tough question in 3 years as MU's coach.

Time for some answers instead of excuses.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline goherd17

« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2007, 03:08:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont disagree that wins would cure all.  But the man has not caught a break since taking the job.  Like I stated before I want him to win so bad because he played for the herd.  Here's hoping he can get it done.  go Herd

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #180 on: November 08, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Winners win, losers make excuses.

I knew we would suffer some with a "green" head coach, but I never imagined we would be this bad.

I am of the opinion that a good coach would have had us bowl eligible in 2005 and 2006, and better than 1-8 this year.

A good coach would have beaten, at a minimum, UNH, Memphis, Tulsa and Southern Miss this year. Even with all the injuries, we should be no worse than 5-4 at this stage of the season.

Step up...........

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #181 on: November 08, 2007, 03:34:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Winners win, losers make excuses.

I knew we would suffer some with a "green" head coach, but I never imagined we would be this bad.

I am of the opinion that a good coach would have had us bowl eligible in 2005 and 2006, and better than 1-8 this year.

A good coach would have beaten, at a minimum, UNH, Memphis, Tulsa and Southern Miss this year. Even with all the injuries, we should be no worse than 5-4 at this stage of the season.

Step up...........

I agree 110% w/ the above post. It seems some are now taking the stance that we as herd fans/supporters should feel sorry for MS... Not a chance from me. MS took the job, now earn your %^&* money or give it back like Bobby did.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline herd2win

« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • GoHerd17...the excuses must stop...Snyder got a huge break by getting the MU job when he was not qualified...the team is not advancing and next year we have to break in a new QB...Snyder knew for 3 years that Morris would be a senior yet he has no one ready to step in next year.

Offline goherd17

« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2007, 03:41:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont feel sorry for him at all.  Its just he cant get a break.  Take over a program right before spring game.  A program that had went 6-6 the previous year and got pounded in the bowl game.  A team that was coming off of probation.  You loose your best offensive player to the draft and then your best def. player to injury.  And how can you say there were any offensive talent other than Bradshaw last year?  You same people blasted Bernie and now you see what he can do with some talent at WR.  I want to win just as bad as anybody out there but I just dont think its all Marks fault some of it yes but not all.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #184 on: November 08, 2007, 03:49:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont feel sorry for him at all.  Its just he cant get a break.  Take over a program right before spring game.  A program that had went 6-6 the previous year and got pounded in the bowl game.  A team that was coming off of probation.  You loose your best offensive player to the draft and then your best def. player to injury.  And how can you say there were any offensive talent other than Bradshaw last year?  You same people blasted Bernie and now you see what he can do with some talent at WR.  I want to win just as bad as anybody out there but I just dont think its all Marks fault some of it yes but not all.

It doesn't matter if it's all Mark's fault or not... He's the Head Coach/CEO of the football program, thus, he is ultimately responsible for team... No if's, and's or but's about it. He's going to take the fall for this season whether he likes it or not.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #185 on: November 08, 2007, 04:33:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • " Take over a program right before spring game.  A program that had went 6-6 the previous year and got pounded in the bowl game.  A team that was coming off of probation."

All that is true. But you conveniently undervalue these facts:

1. We went to a BOWL GAME

2. The REGULAR SEASON record was 6-5, another winning season.

3. Comparing the 04 season with the ones we've had since Snyder has coached, the 04 season would be good enough for some of you to give him another extension, yet you use the 04 season as the low point of BP's career. Of the 6 losses, 1 was IN a BOWL game, 1 to Ohio State by 3 points, 1 to Georgia by 10, 1 to Akron by 3, 1 to Troy by 2, and smacked pretty hard by BGSU. 
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #186 on: November 08, 2007, 07:24:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Its just he cant get a break.

Years ago, I had a mentor tell me, "There is really no luck in life.  You make your own luck."  Over time, I've found this to be universally true.  In terms of luck, there are two kinds of people:  The ones who find a way to make good things happen, even in the face of adversity . . .  and the ones we call "unlucky."

HerdFans.com

« Reply #186 on: November 08, 2007, 07:24:21 PM »

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #187 on: November 08, 2007, 09:26:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Thats the most overhyped excuse used by the ironton mafia.  First of all most teams have around 60% of their teams comprised of Freshman and Sophomores.  These classes make up 3/5th of the roster (Frosh, RS frosh, and Soph).  60 of 85 is approximately 70%.  So you are in essence saying that the 10%  of upperclassmen we are lacking compared to most teams (which comes out to 8.5 players) is the main reason Snyder loses year after year?

Another loss, another excuse....when will it ever end?
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 09:28:49 PM by MUtim »

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #188 on: November 08, 2007, 09:38:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thats the most overhyped excuse used by the ironton mafia.  First of all most teams have around 60% of their teams comprised of Freshman and Sophomores.  These classes make up 3/5th of the roster (Frosh, RS frosh, and Soph).  60 of 85 is approximately 70%.  So you are in essence saying that the 10%  of upperclassmen we are lacking compared to most teams (which comes out to 8.5 players) is the main reason Snyder loses year after year?

Another loss, another excuse....when will it ever end?

Most teams do. Most teams don't "travel" 60% of freshman and soph's, it's not an excuse, it's a fact. It's not a reason why should be 1-8 though.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #188 on: November 08, 2007, 09:38:45 PM »