Author Topic: I told you before and I am telling you again.........  (Read 4930 times)

Offline goherd94

• Rookie
I told you before and I am telling you again.........
« on: November 05, 2007, 08:58:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder is not coming back next year. He got a "vote of confidence". What exactly does that mean? Snyder is the one who asked for it and he got it. The season was only half over and he was nervous about his future. He asks the admin what his future holds. The admin realizing the season is only half over gave him a vote of confidence. What else were they to do? Should they say, "hey coach we know you still have 6 games to play and we would like for you to work as hard as possible to secure some wins but we would rather tell you that you are history so that you have no incentive"?

You did notice that the vote of confidence didn't include an extension or guarantee of any type. It was just a "yes you're our guy" type of comment.

I said earlier on here that he was gone. I told you there was not going to be a search committee.  I believe there is already a target and if it comes to fruition we will all be very happy in the near future. It is NOT a former coach.  It is however a current head coach with a lot of experience but not on the 1-A level.

I caught grief in here when I let it be known Jirsa was gone. I also caught some grief (not too much) when I said Snyder was definitely being hired. I am sure I will catch grief on this too but it is what it is.

HerdFans.com

I told you before and I am telling you again.........
    « on: November 05, 2007, 08:58:46 AM »

Offline DC01HERD

Re: I told you before and I am telling you again.........
    « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 09:06:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keep the info coming brother. You just brightend my day! I hope it's true!

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    « Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 09:34:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ...I caught grief in here when I let it be known Jirsa was gone...

I thought there was dancing in the street when Jirsa was let go. His philosophy (the Tubby philosophy of out recruiting you opponents) just didn't work here. That sounds a lot like a description of the current situation except that Mark is a good recruiter and Jirsa wasn't. At least not here.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Offline goherd94

• Rookie
    « Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 09:45:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When I said I caught grief I didn't mean by Jirsa supporters. I meant that people called me out saying I was spreading rumors. Five days later the news came out and not one of those people felt the need to say they were sorry for saying the things they said to me. About a month ago I put some info on here and had a few of the so-called "insiders" make some disparaging remarks and I decided at that time not to put anymore info out. I then said to myself, "why not? These are all good Marshall fans and if I hear or know something I think they deserve to know it". What I find terribly funny is that the "insiders" on this board are right about 20% of the time and always have some reason as to why the situation changed. I haven't been wrong yet and that doesn't seem to sit too well with some posters.

I do not have a background per se with the University but I do own a nice size business and deal with the University directly on some of their business needs. I also deal directly with other business owners who are Big Green members like myself. I hear a lot of things and if I doubt any of it I don't put it on here plain and simple. If I hear or know something that is going to happen I have no problem putting it out there.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 10:06:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keep it coming! Thanks.

Offline 2001grad

• Varsity
    « Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 10:32:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Any clues on this coach?

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 10:49:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If it happens I will buy you a steak dinner at the Hall of Fame Cafe.  If it doesn't you can buy me a Thunder Dog at one of the b-ball games at the Cam.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 10:54:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All I really want to know is will this coach put us in a better situation and will he be able to return us to our winning tradition?  I'm asking this based on what you might know of his experience and reputation.

Offline Aaron Perkins

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 11:22:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please tell me it is NOT Mickey Matthews.

Offline goherd94

• Rookie
    « Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 11:30:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No Aaron it is definitely NOT Mickey Mathews.

Herdalum to answer your question YES he will put us in a better position. He is a winning coach with a ton of experience. He was never even mentioned in the first round when Snyder was hired but from what I understand he did make inquiries and was very interested then. I did not know he had inquired back then until recently when his name came up again. He wants to prove what he can do on the 1-A level.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 11:32:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please tell me it is NOT Mickey Matthews.

Anyone is better than what we currently have... I'll take Mickey Mouse at this point.
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 11:36:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey this is fun.  I am going to take a stab at it and say the guy at APPY STATE.

TRS
    mU 71

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 11:36:11 AM »

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 12:02:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No Aaron it is definitely NOT Mickey Mathews.

Herdalum to answer your question YES he will put us in a better position. He is a winning coach with a ton of experience. He was never even mentioned in the first round when Snyder was hired but from what I understand he did make inquiries and was very interested then. I did not know he had inquired back then until recently when his name came up again. He wants to prove what he can do on the 1-A level.

There's...

Jerry Moore from Appy State 154-68
    Bobby Lamb from Furman 43-19 ehh..
    Bobby Hauck from Montana 41-13
    Mickey Mathews from JMU 56-40 ehh...
    Jimmye Laycock from W&M 180-128-2

I'm sure I'm missing some better people but that's who I could think of off the top of my noggin.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 12:55:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just want to know where we're going to get the $1.5m.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 01:12:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought someone posted it was more like $800,000.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 01:16:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought someone posted it was more like $800,000.

TRS
    MU 71

It is, but we'll have to buy out most of the assistants, and then pay for a new coach...

Offline Olen

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 01:16:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When I said I caught grief I didn't mean by Jirsa supporters. I meant that people called me out saying I was spreading rumors. Five days later the news came out and not one of those people felt the need to say they were sorry for saying the things they said to me.

Were these posts on this board or another board? 

About a month ago I put some info on here and had a few of the so-called "insiders" make some disparaging remarks and I decided at that time not to put anymore info out. I then said to myself, "why not? These are all good Marshall fans and if I hear or know something I think they deserve to know it". What I find terribly funny is that the "insiders" on this board are right about 20% of the time and always have some reason as to why the situation changed. I haven't been wrong yet and that doesn't seem to sit too well with some posters.

I'm not sure whether anyone considers me an "insider" - I certainly don't - so I'm not sure if this is directed at me or others.  However, I can explain what I asked and why I asked it, in the respectful tone that I generally try to take.

'94 had stated s/he had been "right" on several predictions, including Jirsa and Snyder.  I went back to look at these posts - but '94's history dates back to Sept. 2007.  I asked if '94 posted under a different alias - but by that point, the thread had deteriorated and been moved / deleted by the mods.  I'm not sure if '94 ever read my post. 

'94:  if my post was somehow misconstrued as disparaging your original post in that thread - you have my apology.  That was not the intent of my response.

Whether Snyder is staying or going after this season - I have no reason to believe strongly one way or another.  If I had to guess, based on the little bit I know about the parties and personalities involved, I would be surprised if Snyder is let go at season's end - but not entirely shocked.

And, if I may venture a guess as the coaching prospect you ['94] mentioned in a later post -- Mark Whipple would fit most of the description.  As mentioned by GB, Laycock is possible / interesting -- he was interested when Donnan left for UGa.

Offline goherd94

• Rookie
    « Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 01:34:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I did read your previous post and tried to respond to it. My account got screwed up and I had to re-register under this name. I probably only made about 10 posts under my old name so it wasn't a big deal. I didn't take your remarks in a bad way. I know I was questioned because of my number of posts (not by you) but that was ok too. I just didn't care for the posters who pretty much called me a liar. If someone doesn't believe my post(s) they can either not read them or respond or question me in a civil manner.

I have never belittled a fellow Herd fan on any message board and I have never understood it when I see others do it. Rather our opinions or thoughts are right or wrong to the other posters we are all still Marshall fans and we all want the same thing. Everybody has opinion, we either agree with them or we don't but there is a correct way to respond. I have always found that people who yell or start name calling when someone disagrees with him/her, that person either is a control freak or their lack of intelligence causes them to react that way.

No Olen I don't have any problems with what you posted.

Offline goherd94

• Rookie
    « Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 01:36:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Soccermom, we do not need that much. Actually the $800K being thrown around is not entirely accurate either. We can do it for much less. Remember that even though MU has contractual obligations to Mark Snyder, he also has contractual obligations to MU. I will leave it at that.

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 01:38:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just want to know where we're going to get the $1.5m.

1.5mill isn't that much when you look at the big picture. Is it worth it to invest in your future? Kinda like putting all new carpet in your house before you sell it.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 01:40:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Soccermom, we do not need that much. Actually the $800K being thrown around is not entirely accurate either. We can do it for much less. Remember that even though MU has contractual obligations to Mark Snyder, he also has contractual obligations to MU. I will leave it at that.

$800k is Snyder's buyout, but you also have to consider the cost to terminate the contracts of the assistants Snyder has here, and then also around $600k probably for the next coach's salary. We will also likely give the new coach a "welcome bonus" in the neighborhood of $100k.

Offline clovenhoof

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 01:42:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll chip in ten bucks... anyone?
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 01:42:20 PM »

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 01:42:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1.5mill isn't that much when you look at the big picture. Is it worth it to invest in your future? Kinda like putting all new carpet in your house before you sell it.

1.5m isn't that much for Ohio State, but when it is 1/10 of your athletic budget it is a big deal.

Offline HerdAlum00_01

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 01:44:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1.5m isn't that much for Ohio State, but when it is 1/10 of your athletic budget it is a big deal.

You're assuming this money would come only from the University, which I doubt.

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 01:47:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • it is money that the athletic department was going to get at one point or another, so instead of facilities, etc we are buying out a coach.

either way, i hope we do, but i hope we make the right hire.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 01:47:14 PM »