Author Topic: I told you before and I am telling you again.........  (Read 4919 times)

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
Re: I told you before and I am telling you again.........
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2007, 04:38:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My only issue with this rumor is that the main person with money we need to buy out Mark and bring in a new coach would be Marshall Reynolds.

I know Marshall is very close with Jim and was one of the campaign leaders for Donnan to get the job last time. Marshall and Marcum do NOT get a long.

I just don't see Reynolds dishing out the money and not doing so under the condition that Donnan is the replacement.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2007, 04:38:04 PM »

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #51 on: November 05, 2007, 07:23:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall and Marcum do NOT get a long.

Just curious . . . .  If they don 't get along, why is Marcum often showing up in Reynolds' office to visit?  And why are Marcum (and Pruett) sometimes guests on Reynolds private jet?

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #52 on: November 05, 2007, 09:16:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder is relying on props, the same as Pruett.

What happens when Johnson, Bullock, Delagel, Curry and Cox fail to get eligible?

Everyone on these guys would have made it under the old standards. There is a difference in taking someone who is close and someone who doesn't have a chance.

I'm hearing you can kiss Delegal good buy already.... Im not saying its a fact but thats what Im hearing.

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007, 09:33:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just curious . . . .  If they don 't get along, why is Marcum often showing up in Reynolds' office to visit?  And why are Marcum (and Pruett) sometimes guests on Reynolds private jet?

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!

JOKING!!!!
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline pfbobbo

• Rookie
    « Reply #54 on: November 05, 2007, 11:04:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ladies and Gentlemen,

let's get real here.........whether or not Mr. Snyder goes the juco rt or not to save his ars, it can't be done.  I have seen midget league coaches making better decisions than what I see occur on the field at present.   heck give him all of the years left on his contract as well as an additional 5 year extension.  We would be lucky to finish in the middle of the pack within the southern conference with his leadership abilities.   Our program has fallen back so far that it will take years to recover.   Go ahead and stay positive and stay the course.  I look forward to sitting in my seats with the Joan at about 50-60% capacity.    I am really really impressed that Mr. Snyder finally got his double digit # win.  Oh, but it took over 2.5 seasons to get it.  WOW!!!!

Offline MUAlum2004

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2007, 11:17:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ladies and Gentlemen,

let's get real here.........whether or not Mr. Snyder goes the juco rt or not to save his ars, it can't be done.  I have seen midget league coaches making better decisions than what I see occur on the field at present.   heck give him all of the years left on his contract as well as an additional 5 year extension.  We would be lucky to finish in the middle of the pack within the southern conference with his leadership abilities.   Our program has fallen back so far that it will take years to recover.   Go ahead and stay positive and stay the course.  I look forward to sitting in my seats with the Joan at about 50-60% capacity.    I am really really impressed that Mr. Snyder finally got his double digit # win.  Oh, but it took over 2.5 seasons to get it.  WOW!!!!
    Well, I am going to give Snyder one more year.  This team is not a 1 win team.  More like a 3-4 win team that has either underachieved, lost due to injury or coaching.  Our best player is someone that nearly the entire fanbase bashed from one time or another over the course of 5 years.  We are young and inexperienced.  I see 6 wins next year, if not, I'll be right there with you.
    BTW, I dont think we have ever averaged over 60% capacity for the season. 

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2007, 11:31:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, I am going to give Snyder one more year.  This team is not a 1 win team.  More like a 3-4 win team that has either underachieved, lost due to injury or coaching.  Our best player is someone that nearly the entire fanbase bashed from one time or another over the course of 5 years.  We are young and inexperienced.  I see 6 wins next year, if not, I'll be right there with you.

We've lost because of horrid coaching...
    Our best player is Cody Slate...
    You're correct, we're not a 1 win team we should have won more but we've underachieved. Unfortunately we've underachieved the past THREE years!
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #57 on: November 05, 2007, 11:32:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, I am going to give Snyder one more year.  This team is not a 1 win team.  More like a 3-4 win team that has either underachieved, lost due to injury or coaching.  Our best player is someone that nearly the entire fanbase bashed from one time or another over the course of 5 years.  We are young and inexperienced.  I see 6 wins next year, if not, I'll be right there with you.

What was your win-loss prediction for the season we're in right now?
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    « Reply #58 on: November 05, 2007, 11:36:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is, but we'll have to buy out most of the assistants, and then pay for a new coach...

From the extra 7,000-10,000 season tickets sold.  We need to get this done.  We can't afford another year of Mark Snyder as head coach.  He doesn't have it between the ears. 

Offline MUAlum2004

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2007, 11:39:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 7-5, at worst 6-6.  Just like most other fans.  Im not discounting the coaching.  However, I dont think we have more than 4 wins with good coaching.  Injuries always happen, but our defensive injuries have killed this team.  Regardless, Snyder is going to have another year to right the ship.  Hopefully he can do that.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #60 on: November 05, 2007, 11:53:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 7-5, at worst 6-6.  Just like most other fans.  Im not discounting the coaching.  However, I dont think we have more than 4 wins with good coaching.  Injuries always happen, but our defensive injuries have killed this team.  Regardless, Snyder is going to have another year to right the ship.  Hopefully he can do that.

So if I understand right, you predicted 6-7 wins for this 1-8 season. Why would I have any inclination to believe you are better able to predict next seasons win-loss record  than you did this seasons win-loss record?

Offline MUAlum2004

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2007, 12:50:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What was your prediction?  I'm sure it wasn't 1-8.  Personally, I don't know whether to support Snyder or not.  I hate the way the season has gone as much as the next guy, but the head coach is not the only problem.  Play calling, talent, youth, injuries.  You name it, there's an excuse.  With all these problems, it would be hard for a lot of coaches to pull off a winning season with these team. 
    BTW, I don't care if YOU and your inclination care what my prediction for next season is.  I'm sure your prediction this year wasn't far off from mine.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2007, 12:50:42 AM »

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #62 on: November 06, 2007, 01:26:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What was your prediction?  I'm sure it wasn't 1-8.  Personally, I don't know whether to support Snyder or not.  I hate the way the season has gone as much as the next guy, but the head coach is not the only problem.  Play calling, talent, youth, injuries.  You name it, there's an excuse.  With all these problems, it would be hard for a lot of coaches to pull off a winning season with these team. 
    BTW, I don't care if YOU and your inclination care what my prediction for next season is.  I'm sure your prediction this year wasn't far off from mine.

I predicted 4-8. So you see, I ended up being more optimistic than realistic, unless we win out. Play calling is definitely on the shoulders of the head coach, he is after all the HEAD coach. And the talent is whose fault? I imagine Snyder has final say on that too. I'll grant you the youth and injuries, but lots of teams face those problems I imagine. Yes, I imagine that pulling off a winning season might be a challenge, but over the course of the last 3 years, I don't see any improvement in the TEAM. And I believe the record speaks clearly of that. After 3 years, the youth excuse  has as much senoirity as our head coach. I'm afraid both the excuse and the coach need to go. I don't like that situation, because I like many others really want Snyder to succeed for more than one reason. I just don't have much tolerance for 10 wins in 3 seasons. I don't think any other Herd fan should either. If I don't perform my job to expectations, I don't get paid. If I'm not performing my job correctly after 3 years, then I've gone bankrupt in the first year. I have one criteria...get the job done.

Offline MUTeke

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #63 on: November 06, 2007, 09:57:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BTW, I dont think we have ever averaged over 60% capacity for the season. 

60% of JCE Stadium capacity is 22,650. We have been averaging well above that for years.

We usually average around the 70-72% mark.

Offline MUAlum2004

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2007, 10:45:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your right.  About 70%(26,000) since at least 2003.  My bad.

Offline Lake Norman Thunder 1

• Junior Varsity
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #65 on: November 06, 2007, 11:22:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • From the few sources I have I am hearing he has until 2009 to get it done or move on. Nothing is set in stone but it's my .02.....

Hope it happens but just not sold on the direction we have a HUGE DEBACLE in our athletic dept right now.
    Spreadin the word of the HERD in the SOUTH!!!

Offline Thunders

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2007, 12:32:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I feel there are many problems in our athletic dept. right now. Marcum is one of them that is holding this program back. We need a young, energetic AD in here that has a vision for Marshall and is actually out there doing something to make things happen. Marcum is acting like an AD who is in a huge, successful program where he doesn't have to do much. He is dragging us down bigtime.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What I am hearing is that Bob Pruett is involved in this as well.
    Either it is him trying to come back or he has a right hand man he is pushing for the job.
    Could it be that Pruett comes back as AD and hires a new head coach from the 1AA ranks??
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »