Author Topic: When the Tickets drop and the Money stops.  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Green Dog

When the Tickets drop and the Money stops.
« on: November 05, 2007, 09:01:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder will be sent packing.

Until then, this guy will continue to destroy what all those before him worked so hard to build.

What a disgrace this has become.

HerdFans.com

When the Tickets drop and the Money stops.
    « on: November 05, 2007, 09:01:01 AM »

Offline Aaron Perkins

• Practice Squad
    Re: When the Tickets drop and the Money stops.
    « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:37:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So what are you implying?  People should stop going to football games, which they like to do, so that the university will lose money, putting us into a deeper financial hole, so Snyder will get fired.

???????????//

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 10:40:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You are assuming that people still like to go to these football games.

If I lived in town or within a 2-4 driving radius, I'd still go next year.

There is a point where blindly supporting a team and wasting money blur
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline Aaron Perkins

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 11:13:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am sorry sir, but with all due respect, that is a ridiculous statement.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 11:16:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am sorry sir, but with all due respect, that is a ridiculous statement.

What is ridiculous is the blind faith you and some others show for Snyder. Snyder is not bigger than the program and that's exactly what some have made him out to be.
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 11:19:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is ridiculous is the blind faith you and some others show for Snyder. Snyder is not bigger than the program and that's exactly what some have made him out to be.

AP can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't thing he is following Snyder blindly. Perhaps earlier but I get the feeling that some his faith in the present head coach has abated.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 11:23:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pulling money from the program isnt the right thing to do, so continue to give and continue to show up for games.  Whoever the head coach will be will take care of itself regardless.  Whatever happens we need to be in a stronger financial state than we were when we hired Snyder.   

Offline firstate

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 11:25:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • a different spin...

when ticket sales increase next year because we are winning...snyder will get raise

Offline Green Dog

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 12:53:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So what are you implying?  People should stop going to football games, which they like to do, so that the university will lose money, putting us into a deeper financial hole, so Snyder will get fired.

???????????//

Not implying anything. Only stating a fact. A sad fact that it will come to that before he's gone. (Example - Jirsa)

Snyder and this administration will be responsible for the "financial hole", not me or any single one of us.

As for me pulling my donations away from the program; Thats nobody's business but mine. I will support and stop supporting as I see needed. Don't need anyone's input for that decison nor is it open for discussion.

As long as I am being entertained and enjoy watching our team, I will keep buying my 6 season tickets just like the last 12 years. If/when that ends, win or lose, so will my season tickets.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 03:25:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll always be a Herd fan.  I was one before I started donating to the Big Green, and I will be one during my hiatis.  If we are clearly headed in the wrong direction, I don't feel compelled to invest in that.  I'll gladly step back up when decisions are made to put us back on the right track.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline 2001grad

• Varsity
    « Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 03:49:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wouldn't necessarily support a "boycott."  But, in the end.  Keep losing and the fans quit going regardless. 

I catch them on TV anymore if they are on.  This will in all likelyhood be the first time in over 10 years I've not been to a game.  Quite simply I've found other things, NASCAR races to spend my time and money on this year. 

Offline go1970herd

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 07:10:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  >:(  I for one fella`s will be at the games no matter what, if you want to quit giving to the BIG GREEN that is you right but no matter what your buts should be in the seats, and if you were a true HERD fan they will be there no matter the situation!!!!!!!!!!!  Now I`m not claiming to know all of your ages but I`d say its a fair guess to say that most of you who want to quit going to the games were not going to the games back in the 70`s and early 80`s when there were only about 500 people in the stands!!!!!!!

We have got to back our team know matter what and just because you do so does not mean that you are backing the coach if you do not approve of his job, it means that you are supporting the kids on that field your town your school and the 75 souls who died NOV. 14, 1970.

If you stop coming to the games the only thing that can do is hurt the team even more with recruits coming in and seeing empty seats and choosing another school while at the same time not giving the players that are playing at that current time anything to play or get excited for. Imagine running out of the tunnel onto the field to 35,000 empty seats.

All I can say is NATE RUFFIN your efforts to keep MARSHALL alive and moving forward were not done in vien in my eyes you can count on me to be there rooting on the HERD till I can no longer make it to the stadium!!!!

WE ARE MARSHALL       
     PLAY TILL THE WHISTLE BLOWS

Go Herd and Feel the Thunder

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 07:10:20 PM »

Offline Thunder Struck

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 08:46:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The only reason Jirsa was fired is because money was not coming in with empty seats. If you guys and gals remember ... KO wanted to give Jirsa an extension contract, but Jirsa refused it and said he wanted to earn it. Its a good damn thing Jirsa was an honest man who wanted to be respected for his achievements. This is a business people ... get it in your heads ... when business is doing sh*ty ... changes are made.

At Kentucky ... you have so many big wigs in the program ... when they are not happy and speak of holding back money ... changes are made ... even when its against a coach like Tubby ... a coach Im not crazy about ... but the guy gave the fans 20 wins a season. We at Marshall dont have the mind set that it takes to be a BIG DOG ... when we have coaches that produce losing seasons. If any of the coaches that were at a Big Time program put up numbers like weve seen here at Marshall ... They would be gone in a heart beat. Period. Get on board KO ... or jump ship ... its time to move this boat full steam ahead

Offline Oh Herd CR

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 08:55:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The only reason Jirsa was fired is because money was not coming in with empty seats. If you guys and gals remember ... KO wanted to give Jirsa an extension contract, but Jirsa refused it and said he wanted to earn it. Its a good damn thing Jirsa was an honest man who wanted to be respected for his achievements. This is a business people ... get it in your heads ... when business is doing sh*ty ... changes are made.

At Kentucky ... you have so many big wigs in the program ... when they are not happy and speak of holding back money ... changes are made ... even when its against a coach like Tubby ... a coach Im not crazy about ... but the guy gave the fans 20 wins a season. We at Marshall dont have the mind set that it takes to be a BIG DOG ... when we have coaches that produce losing seasons. If any of the coaches that were at a Big Time program put up numbers like weve seen here at Marshall ... They would be gone in a heart beat. Period. Get on board KO ... or jump ship ... its time to move this boat full steam ahead

We had a good crowd at Homecoming. 

Who gives a care about Kentucky?

Go Herd!

Beat ECU!
    Well done is better than well said.  - Ben Franklin

Offline Thunder Struck

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 09:03:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh Herd CR ...

Its could using an example to make a point. I could give a rats @ss about Kentucky ... other than Patterson.  ;D

Offline cubsrams1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 09:20:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The attendance numbers this year will be inflated b/c of WVU.  

A lot more fans bought season tickets...and a lot will continue to show up b/c the tickets are already paid for.  To me, this year's attendance figures are not really useful in evaluating the program.

The real question is how will ticket sales be next year.
    « Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 09:22:07 PM by cubsrams1 »

Offline billybob

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 09:38:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know there will be at least six less season tickets bought next year. Mine. I am not going to buy to prove a point. That I do not trust the "faith" that the admin has in an unproven coach. Unfortunently the only way to get your point across to the admin is with your wallet. I will not be buying to tickets or donating until a change has been made. It is not a great amount of money but it is a step. If I continue to pay the salary of people I feel are not fulfilling their contract I do not believe things will change.

Offline gtrman4herd

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 09:58:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My love for the Herd goes beyond my bank account. Its not business, its part of who I am. I was going to games back in the 70's when I had to scrape together the price of a ticket. Its not about dollars and cents, its about my Herd and I'll be there regardless and I'll be there expecting to win, realistic or not, each and every game.   I was a proponent of hiring Snyder when it happened, but like many people, now wonder if maybe he is in a little over his head, but I'm not gonna call for his head yet. I don't understand some of you that think just because some of us are a little more willing to be patient that we are blind MS loyalists.  Hes a good guy and he bleeds green, but I do expect to see some very postive progress by next year.   Go Herd!!
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more.
    They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for,
    And your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more.
    *John Prine*

Offline firstate

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 10:26:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • billybob says "I know there will be at least six less season tickets bought next year. Mine. I am not going to buy to prove a point. That I do not trust the "faith" that the admin has in an unproven coach. Unfortunently the only way to get your point across to the admin is with your wallet. I will not be buying to tickets or donating until a change has been made. It is not a great amount of money but it is a step. If I continue to pay the salary of people I feel are not fulfilling their contract I do not believe things will change."

<<I'll make it a point to buy 6 extra next year..>>

There are better ways to induce change than this crap.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 11:08:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • billybob says "I know there will be at least six less season tickets bought next year. Mine. I am not going to buy to prove a point. That I do not trust the "faith" that the admin has in an unproven coach. Unfortunently the only way to get your point across to the admin is with your wallet. I will not be buying to tickets or donating until a change has been made. It is not a great amount of money but it is a step. If I continue to pay the salary of people I feel are not fulfilling their contract I do not believe things will change."

<<I'll make it a point to buy 6 extra next year..>>

There are better ways to induce change than this crap.

What would those ways be?
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline Chevy1

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 11:51:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I doubt very seriously that a poster coming onto this board saying "don't buy tickets" will do nearly the damage of another losing season.  Remember, this year's ticket sales were bolstered by a good number of season tickets purchased by WVU fans..... that won't be the case next year.  What do you think season ticket sales will be with the prospect of another losing season?

What was Marshall's attendance during the losing years?.... less than 10K.  With consistent winning that crowd grew and grew- generated enough interest to build and expand a new stadium.  With consistent losing.... expect crowds to drop. 
    « Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:53:54 PM by Chevy1 »
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Online mualum

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 01:31:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I must agree with cubsram1.  Attendance will depend quite a bit on how next season goes, but season ticket sales will tank big time.  Not just because WVU is not at home, but because people just naturally lose interest in a losing program.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 01:31:04 AM »

Offline hookem herd

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 01:49:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is something else to think about, when you lose you also lose corporate sponsership. Southern WV is dying for a winner that will step up and represent them. It is truly said that the large coal companies of this region is sending millions of dollars to the University up north. The company I work for flies corporate banners at all the Pro teams in the Philly area, Rutger (now that they are winning ), one of Nascars key sponsers. I know for a fact that if we were winning they would be pushing money MU's way also. The Marketing department would see it as a good advertising oportunity. Everybody wants a peice of you when you are winning!!!!!!

Greg Adkins

Offline MU Mike

• All American
    • Member Since 07/2010
    « Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 01:45:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have they already been sending money this way during the 20+ years of winning?

Offline hookem herd

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 01:56:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They have only been here for 3 years, but to answer your question when they bought us out not only did give money to Marshall they also made a large donation to a local school distict.

Greg Adkins

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 01:56:56 PM »