Author Topic: How much longer...  (Read 2618 times)

Offline w-sherdfan

• Rookie
Re: How much longer...
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 04:52:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • qbu - It just seems the poster was "personally" insulted by the comments.  Just what I read into it.  I don't know the number of women in the Snyder clan.

Go HERD !!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 04:52:44 PM »

Offline herdman

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 05:01:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am going to make a prediction. Snyder will be gone after next year.  So he has about 12 months.  We will get 4 or 5 wins next year and they will replace him. 

The BOG will finally swallow some pride and admit they made a mistake.  The money will get to them. Too many people put too much money and time into this thing to watch it be ruined.  I don't see how he survives next year without a bowl game and I don't see that happening.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #27 on: November 18, 2007, 05:03:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It seems to me that some of the negative nannies have taken offense to what the poster said about hiding behind their keyboards and making nutless comments.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #28 on: November 18, 2007, 05:25:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just dont think that we can win more than 5 next year if this year is only 2.  What is it about next year that will take us from 2 wins to 7 wins in one year.  Thats a huge jump.  I mean, next year we start with a new QB which is a negative no matter how much potential he has.  Maybe we get a better RB but will he will have to be a whole heck of a lot better than Bradshaw was to take us to a winning season. 

I can come up with any analysis that would support such a huge surge next year.  Going from 2 wins to 6 or 7 is a big big jump.

I think the kids are talented enough.  I just dont think that Snyder has had enough experience at a high enough level to really know how to "run the entire business".  Not every assistant for a big time program is automatically going to be a good head coach and the few that do have what it takes didnt have what it takes without having some serious coordinator experience to really be able to see all the ins and outs of how a program is run.  I dont think you get the from being a DB coach/assistant.  Its like any other business.  If you run the company youve probably had significant experience learning all the ropes and moving up and through the ranks for a number of years and been an executive for a while near the top.  Snyder never really built any significant experience at a high coaching level.  I would guess that a coordinator probably gets to work a little closer to a head coach and over time all the ins and outs of how to run a program is slowly revealed to him.  But I dont think that much inside info is revealed to every low level assistant coach and its not revealed over night.  Snyder had just become a coordinator.  In hind sight it probably would have helped him to actually be a coordinator at Ohio State for 4-5 years.  What an opportunity he walked away from.  Not many people get to have the chance to get to collect the experinece of being a high level coach at such a great program.  I think that was priceless experience and a lost opportunity.  People would kill to have that spot just because of what you learn from it.

Of course all of this is speculation on my part, but that job was pretty valuable opportunity wise.  BUt he wasnt in it long enough to make him a valuable commodity in the football coaching world.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2007, 06:39:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • wolfman....i agree with your statement that coaches like a strong fanbase....but i disagree that you compare what you people do on these message boards as being fans! And yes it is personal when you attack someones character and question their mental abilities! If you posters feel so strongly about the words that you spew on these boards then OWN them!!!! Stop hiding behind your keyboards with your fake names and being the gutless wonders that your are!! How many of you have actually strapped on a helmet and played a down in your life???? Stick with what you know best and sell your crap on the internet like Zac does and quit trying to live out this fantasy that you know more about football than a coach!!!!!
    The “people” on these message boards are the hardest core of the fan base.  That’s what needs to be realized.  Would I like posters here to be more civil?  Yes, I would.  In fact we have removed several from the forum that took their agenda way to far across the line.  But at the same time these "people" you claim that spew on these boards will be here supporting the program no matter who the coach is through thick or thin. 

The fact is winning cures everything.  When MS was hired here it was his job--and he gets paid very well--to continue the tradition of Marshall Football within the rules.  If he wins the praise will be there and at the same time if things aren’t going well he needs to take and expect some of the criticism. That’s just the way it is and nothing I do or anyone else is going to change that.

As far as being gutless behind a keyboard I'm not sure if you are directing that at me or not.  But to answer it, I don’t hide behind a keyboard.  Never have.  But I've never been one to bash a coach or player either to make me feel like I needed to hide.  And yes, I have strapped on a helmet. I may have even played against Mark Snyder at some point in my career.

Listen, no one wants Snyder to succeed at Marshall University as much as I do.  And to be honest I have a good feeling the vast majority on this board wants him to succeed as well.

Offline marshallisqbu

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #30 on: November 18, 2007, 06:58:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • w-s, I thought the same thing as you did,  no worries.
    For the record, he has 3 daughters and  a wife.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2007, 07:50:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's my take:

First off, I don't see how we don't beat UAB in a suitcase
    game for them to get that 3rd win. We had largely close games
    on the road at the end of the season, UCF excepted.
    We are close to competing on equal footing in CUSA ( albeit
    it is not that tough ).

I have never called for the removal of Snyder, but I have never
    shied from my public disagreement with his calls and other
    observations. My only qualifications consist of following college
    and pro football longer than Snyder has been alive.

MS has done an excellent job of stockpiling talent - I really
    do not see how we don't win 7+ next year. We have real
    talent at the QB spot. The two touted to be the front
    runners plus Chris Smith. There are stud OL waiting in the
    wings. The new OC or associate head coach ( whatever )
    will mold these components into a feared mean green
    attack. Coupled with our deep WR corps, and 2 -3
    coveted RB's, 30+ PPG is very, very realistic and perhaps
    more.

On defense, AM back and other projected DL should
    bolster the front 7. Experienced LB's should exert themselves.
    Something needs to be done with the secondary.

BOTTOM LINE: It should be difficult to screw up to the
    point that MU does not win 7+ games next year.

The criticalities include molding the new guys into a
    cohesive OL and getting the WR on the same page
    and teaching the how to hold within the way the
    game is called.

Special Teams - no need to go there ... much work
    remains. And I guess Bins is graduating (?).

My guess is we win all our home games next year
    and get a couple of quality road wins next year. Of course
    CUSA officiating will cost us a minimum of 1-2 close
    game, that much is a given.

p2m

The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline w-sherdfan

• Rookie
    « Reply #32 on: November 18, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BTW - Welcome to the board snydergirls3.

If you have any connections to MS - Let him know we are really hoping for win #3 this Saturday.  We would have preferred to get #3 in mid-October.......

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #33 on: November 18, 2007, 07:52:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really didn't think any of that was directed at you Wolf because your posts have always been reasonable in what you have posted. But the slander needs to rear its ugly head somewhere else.  

Offline herd2win

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2007, 08:03:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 74...look at the facts...we are 2-9 and if our best win is beating a 6-4 team at home that is sad...your expectations are extremely low...is 5-7 next year good enough for you????  Not one CUSA team is sniffing the top 25 and we used to be in the top 25 and beat other teams ranked...remember the spanking we put on a 21st ranked BYU team in the Motor City Bowl????  If the majority think Snyder is doing a good job then MU is more trouble than I thought...complacency has set in and it will be a long time before we will be good again.  So what if we beat the spread at Houston...it is embarrassing that we were a double digit underdog.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2007, 08:27:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do we have another Jirsa on the payroll?

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2007, 08:51:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really didn't think any of that was directed at you Wolf because your posts have always been reasonable in what you have posted. But the slander needs to rear its ugly head somewhere else.  

Thanks, Alumni, I hope your right.  It would be just awful if someone from coaches family was having an internet fued with the admin of a Herd fan forum.  As far as slandering of the coach goes I/we all need to be a little more responsible aboutt he things we say on here.  Just to many eyeballs watch and take in what is going on. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2007, 08:51:53 PM »

Offline hookem herd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #37 on: November 18, 2007, 09:56:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The “people” on these message boards are the hardest core of the fan base.  That’s what needs to be realized.  Would I like posters here to be more civil?  Yes, I would.  In fact we have removed several from the forum that took their agenda way to far across the line.  But at the same time these "people" you claim that spew on these boards will be here supporting the program no matter who the coach is through thick or thin. 

The fact is winning cures everything.  When MS was hired here it was his job--and he gets paid very well--to continue the tradition of Marshall Football within the rules.  If he wins the praise will be there and at the same time if things aren’t going well he needs to take and expect some of the criticism. That’s just the way it is and nothing I do or anyone else is going to change that.

As far as being gutless behind a keyboard I'm not sure if you are directing that at me or not.  But to answer it, I don’t hide behind a keyboard.  Never have.  But I've never been one to bash a coach or player either to make me feel like I needed to hide.  And yes, I have strapped on a helmet. I may have even played against Mark Snyder at some point in my career.

Listen, no one wants Snyder to succeed at Marshall University as much as I do.  And to be honest I have a good feeling the vast majority on this board wants him to succeed as well.

I agree 100 percent with you Dale. There are always a few who you can never please, but the people on this board are thr true did hard fans. I am skeptical about whether Mark Snyder is the right man for the job, but nothing would make me happier than if he ended being the greatest Coach Marshall has ever had. He is a local guy. We would have to be idiots to want anything different. That being said if he is not the man for the job then he needs to leave.

Greg Adkins

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #38 on: November 18, 2007, 10:30:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Listen, no one wants Snyder to succeed at Marshall University as much as I do.  And to be honest I have a good feeling the vast majority on this board wants him to succeed as well."

Of course the vast majority want him to succeed. To do otherwise would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #39 on: November 18, 2007, 10:31:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Every team has there down periods. Its happening all over the nation. I don't see many teams in CUSA winning to many more games than 7. So I would have to say thats fantastic in this league because of the parity. This isn't the MAC where one team controls the league.
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 10:34:27 PM by alumni74 »

Offline herd2win

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2007, 01:05:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Alumni74...to use your point CUSA teams aren't winning more than 7 games which means they are not that good...we are 2-9 against these teams that are not above mediocre...that is even worse than if there was a dominant team...if we were just average we should have won a minimum of 6 games this year.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #41 on: November 19, 2007, 08:38:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Say what you want... But after watching the replay last night I believe at least the defense started to turn the corner. Yes, they made some mistakes but atleast we had penetration up front. Janac played awsome up front.

I thought the overall performance was good except all of the dropped balls.

Considering we played across time zones, to be honest, I thought they played well. I thought we would have gotten blown out. Houston is very fast offensively and I was suprised we played the way we did. Again the defense matched up well against the spread.

As for the game changing call.... Well,  that was a total horse $hit  call which I expected in Texas. That was rediculous. I can promise you it was not inconclusive that the call should have been reversed. A small change in luck alone and we would have won that game.

I see the younger players starting to turn the corner as well. Wingate and Wynn are both playing well. Thats a nice unexpected addition.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #42 on: November 19, 2007, 08:59:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont think we were average at the begining of the year but I think we are becoming better than average now. The reason I think the conference standings are the way they are is because of the variations in offensive styles and schemes. Week in and week out, we are learning to prepare for the offensive schemes better, you can see it. We are not the same team that we were at the begining and thats good because the younger players are finally starting to pick up the slack. Theres no question about that in my opinion. I realize my expectations are different than others because my life experience is different from others. Nothing changes overnight.

Like they said during the game this is a tight nit group and I believe that. I can finally see it coming together unless we take another step back. Its wait and see from here.

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #43 on: November 19, 2007, 10:51:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • wolfman....i agree with your statement that coaches like a strong fanbase....but i disagree that you compare what you people do on these message boards as being fans! And yes it is personal when you attack someones character and question their mental abilities! If you posters feel so strongly about the words that you spew on these boards then OWN them!!!! Stop hiding behind your keyboards with your fake names and being the gutless wonders that your are!! How many of you have actually strapped on a helmet and played a down in your life???? Stick with what you know best and sell your crap on the internet like Zac does and quit trying to live out this fantasy that you know more about football than a coach!!!!!

I'm glad you're so happy w/ the direction of the program. Guess what, I will continue to be critical of Snyder until he proves he can put a winning product on the field.

Also, since you've put my first name out on the boards... Why don't you put your name out here so that MS will know who his biggest cheerleader is?  Talk about hiding behind a keyboard. ???
    I'm officially a Snyder Sunshinepumper!
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2007, 10:55:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree if you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen.  The only heat it looks MArk can take is from a tanning bed.  He needs to show the fans the program is heading down the path to success.  He hasnt done that yet and its year three of his tenure.  Hes won one game against a team with a winning record and hes won only 2 road games in 3 years.  That is not the path to success.

Offline TomorrowHERD

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2007, 10:59:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hi, my name is John, and I am a Herd fan.  ;)

"I am for a government that is rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread."
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    "I predict future hapiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."-Thomas Jefferson
    http://www.cnmi-guide.com/ipg/islandlife/saipan2/

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #46 on: November 19, 2007, 11:06:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree if you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen.  The only heat it looks MArk can take is from a tanning bed. He needs to show the fans the program is heading down the path to success.  He hasnt done that yet and its year three of his tenure.  Hes won one game against a team with a winning record and hes won only 2 road games in 3 years.  That is not the path to success.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. That's a great line! I think the exposure to the heat has nuked his brain.
    (3-9 & 12-23)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2007, 11:06:19 AM »

Offline goherd17

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2007, 11:29:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey Mass I knew you would be back this week.  we missed you. LOL

Offline Massherdfan

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #48 on: November 19, 2007, 11:37:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey Mass I knew you would be back this week.  we missed you. LOL

I knew you would... ;)
    (3-9 & 12-23)

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2007, 11:52:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mark Snyder is pathetic and has totally ruined this program!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2007, 11:52:49 AM »