Author Topic: Snyder makes coaching staff changes  (Read 4443 times)

Offline Reno Hightower

• Rookie
Re: Snyder makes coaching staff changes
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2007, 07:46:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How about UK QB coach Randy Sanders for the OC job.He was a former OC at Tennessee.He's done a great job with Andre Woodson.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2007, 07:46:29 PM »

Online luvherd

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2007, 07:47:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was impressed with the New Hampshire offense - don't know if there is chance for an OC from there or not.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #27 on: November 25, 2007, 07:49:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How about UK QB coach Randy Sanders for the OC job.He was a former OC at Tennessee.He's done a great job with Andre Woodson.

he's in line for a promotion, especially if joker gets another job offer and takes it, which is possible.

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #28 on: November 25, 2007, 07:49:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was impressed with the New Hampshire offense - don't know if there is chance for an OC from there or not.

their offensive line coach is their OC, their head coach handles coaching the QBs.

Offline catfanatic1979

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2007, 07:50:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How about someone from Appy. States staff?

Although we may want someone from a bigger name football program as we might then have a chance to steal away a recruit or two. Some kids get really attached to the guy on the phone and sometimes follow them. We could use a good WR or O-lineman.
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 07:59:15 PM by catfanatic1979 »

Offline vcoach

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 08:00:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • the question is not who is good or who is available, it is who is good, available, and snyder knows them!  most coaches hire who they know, have met, or are friends with.  if you want to know who we are hiring, backtrack who he has worked with/played with and you may run into our new coaches.

Offline catfanatic1979

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 08:06:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • the question is not who is good or who is available, it is who is good, available, and snyder knows them!  most coaches hire who they know, have met, or are friends with.  if you want to know who we are hiring, backtrack who he has worked with/played with and you may run into our new coaches.

Youngstown State, Minnesota and Ohio State then. Of course Dunlap wasn't hired that way.

I say we pay big money for a person with a proven record.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 08:08:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

True, vcoach.

I did that very thing back when Snyder was first hired, but there's been a whole Glen Mason staff that became available since then.

There's also the distinct possibility that there are friends-of-friends that will appear on the radar screen. For instance, a Lou Holtz associate may get a call, or certainly anyone ever associated with Tressel.

Offline vcoach

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 08:13:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Youngstown State, Minnesota and Ohio State then. Of course Dunlap wasn't hired that way.

I say we pay big money for a person with a proven record.

true about dunlap. maybe a case of too good to pass up plus his wv ties.
    it is not always a case of who the head coach knows, but it tends to go in that direction. they like to hire guys they know they can work with.

Offline catfanatic1979

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2007, 08:26:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • True, vcoach.

I did that very thing back when Snyder was first hired, but there's been a whole Glen Mason staff that became available since then.

There's also the distinct possibility that there are friends-of-friends that will appear on the radar screen. For instance, a Lou Holtz associate may get a call, or certainly anyone ever associated with Tressel.

Oh if Tressel would ever be so kind!

Offline TomorrowHERD

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2007, 08:32:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wonder why Smith is getting the can?
    He had NOTHING  to work with this year. 
    He ended up having some walk-ons and some out of position guys giving us good minutes toward the end of the year.  That group was improving during the year unlike the OL and DB's.

"I am for a government that is rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread."
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    "I predict future hapiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."-Thomas Jefferson
    http://www.cnmi-guide.com/ipg/islandlife/saipan2/

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    « Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 08:37:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • o-line and secondary were very poor.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2007, 08:37:43 PM »

Offline TomorrowHERD

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2007, 08:40:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BTW I think Coach Parrish has been quoted as saying several years ago that "leaving Huntington, WV was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made".

Come on back coach "Air Parrish".

"I am for a government that is rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread."
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    "I predict future hapiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfanatic1979

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2007, 08:46:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Isn't the head coach of Wake Forest from Huntington? Grobe, right?

Maybe he has a staff member that would love to take the job.
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 08:49:33 PM by catfanatic1979 »

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 08:50:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Isn't the head coach of Wake Forest from Huntington? Grobe, right?

Maybe he has a staff member that would love to take the job.

he has two former mu guys on staff already.

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 08:55:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think MS knows he has one more year, two at the most, to get it done.  He will bring in a guy that he thinks can make an immediate impact.  That means, to me at least, he needs to look at a seasoned coach that has a proven track record.  That is a very short list folks.  Stan Parrish has to be at the top of the list.  Would he come back here?  Who knows, but Snyder would be crazy not to ask.  If we got Parrish to come back we would have one of the top two coordinator duos in the country IMO. 
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline AtlTom

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Since 02/2009
    « Reply #41 on: November 25, 2007, 08:58:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wonder why Smith is getting the can?
    He had NOTHING  to work with this year. 
    He ended up having some walk-ons and some out of position guys giving us good minutes toward the end of the year.  That group was improving during the year unlike the OL and DB's.

I'm wondering the same thing.  Last year he got a Thunder Club bonus for doing a good job and now this year he gets canned.
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 09:00:04 PM by AtlTom »
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #42 on: November 25, 2007, 09:00:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm wondering the same thing.  Last year he got a Thunder Club bonus for doing a good job and now this year he gets canned.

he wasn't "fired" but he and ms agreed to mutually part ways.

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2007, 09:03:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Smith getting fired has to be at the request of the defensive coordinator.  I posted the same thing on the other board but no way MS does this without Dunlap being onboard.  Dunlap initiated it IMO.  The changes may not be done either.  We need to wait and see who is brought onboard as the OC.  At a minimum, there will be re-assignment of duties.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • he wasn't "fired" but he and ms agreed to mutually part ways.

Input on Dunlap's involvement?

Offline marshallisqbu

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #45 on: November 25, 2007, 09:11:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've heard that it was very mutual on Smith's parting ways with the team.  He and SNyder rarely saw eye to eye this year, and they both saw a different future for the DL.

Online muherd34

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2007, 09:14:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You either completely miss the point, or you avoid it on purpose...  ie, IF the goal is to see the football program improve, then, news flash... you may or may not be hurting, but YOU CERTAINLY AREN'T HELPING.

It's not about the coaches-to-be... it's about what are you doing to make things better instead of to gain some sense of self-congratulation for your grandiose football wisdom.

I'm hereby annointing you people the Noseless Snyder Snobs... wallowing in your joy that your faces have been duly "spite-ed."

First of all I did not miss any point.  I see where you are coming from about the negativity, which if you check my history I have supported MS, MU  and the staff.  

Maybe I misunderstood you, but you were meaning that us being negative will have an effect on coaches that are going to be hired.  

You must not know that much about being in the coaching business or are just blinded by something.  I dont need any congratulations about my football wisdom, it seems like you are the one that needs the attention.  

The program is where it is right now.  We will get what we pay for, nothing in college football is guaranteed.  So get off of your high horse.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2007, 09:14:13 PM »

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #47 on: November 25, 2007, 09:17:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Input on Dunlap's involvement?

maybe a little, but i think without steve here the same decision would've been reached.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2007, 09:33:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Imagine if Marshall could get Donnan to come back as OC! Imagine the possibilities.
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline TomorrowHERD

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2007, 09:45:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Imagine if Marshall could get Donnan to come back as OC! Imagine the possibilities.

Screen pass left, screen pass right, repeat.  Throw long, run. 
    But it did work.   :D

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2007, 09:45:07 PM »