Author Topic: Donnie Jones  (Read 704 times)

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • All American
  • Member Since 08/2009
Donnie Jones
« on: November 26, 2007, 07:08:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is the MAN!  Anyone who hasn't watched us yet and ever saw a game under Jirsa should really attempt to go to a game.  What a difference a good caoch makes.  We look like a totally different team.  I haven't seen us once run the shot clock down and try a contested 30 footer.  We run, press, and shoot the threes.  In my opinion, he is a better coach that Billy D was when he was here in the 90's. 

HerdFans.com

Donnie Jones
    « on: November 26, 2007, 07:08:45 PM »

Offline cutmeopenibleedgreen

Re: Donnie Jones
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 07:16:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •   We run, press, and shoot the threes.  In my opinion, he is a better coach that Billy D was when he was here in the 90's. 

While I agree with everything else you said, I wouldn't go that far yet. We'll see where this season takes us and then make the decision on whether he's a better coach than Donovan was.
    "What day is it, son?" "Game Day." "What day?"  "Game Day!" "Thats Right! Time to play till the whistle blows!"

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 07:28:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Merthie is a different player under Donnie, and I haven't seen Humphrey play any harder. Walls will only get better, and Baines is a man out there. The future looks bright.

Online Thundering In MD

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 08:15:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is early, but so far I am very impressed with Donnie Jones. 
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline Thunder Struck

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 08:34:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We should win between 12-15 games this year ... next year 15-18. I honestly believe after three years of recruiting ... we will see a 20+ season. If he is not picked up by a big time program going into his 4th year here ... we should be in the tourny then.

Its a shame people in the A.D. cant see we could have the same outcome in football if the right change was made.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 08:53:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We should win between 12-15 games this year ... next year 15-18. I honestly believe after three years of recruiting ... we will see a 20+ season. If he is not picked up by a big time program going into his 4th year here ... we should be in the tourny then.

Its a shame people in the A.D. cant see we could have the same outcome in football if the right change was made.

You can turn around a basketball program in a couple years. One player can make a BIG difference. Football is a much slower process. 3-4 years mimimum for a significant change.
    « Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 09:18:00 AM by Herdmeister »
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline jstherd

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 08:56:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really like Jones. I'll get to see him and the Herd in person on Wednesday night.

Offline go1970herd

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 09:48:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  ;D All I can say is we are 3-0, picked to finish 9th in C-USA and have beat 2 teams picked to win there respective conf.

Woo Hoo go Donny go!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Herd and Feel the Thunder

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 09:48:16 PM »