Author Topic: Has anyone seen Chase Fisher play in person?  (Read 605 times)

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
Has anyone seen Chase Fisher play in person?
« on: March 20, 2010, 10:56:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The reason i'm asking is this. I know someone that has seen him play a few times. I was telling him how excited i was that bhe was coming to Marshall. And he said, don't be!!! I said he is avg 32 pts a game and seems to be the real deal. He said it's because he shoots about 30 times a game and can't guard at all. He said he reminds him of a smaller Joda Burgess. The guy that told me this wouldn't have any reason to say this other than just giving his honest opinion. I still like Fisher and think he will be a great one and i even like him more now because he hates WVU. That is the kind of attitude and work ethic we need out of recruits. It sounds like the guy absolutely loves Basketball and works harder on his game than anyone out there. Too bad Whiteside didn't have this type of love and work ethic toward the game. If he did he would be the next David Robinson for sure.

HerdFans.com

Has anyone seen Chase Fisher play in person?
    « on: March 20, 2010, 10:56:19 AM »

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

Re: Has anyone seen Chase Fisher play in person?
    « Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 12:38:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After watching Noah Cottrill up in Charleston yesterday and on TV today, and having seen Fischer in person when Ripley played at the Cam, I would rather have Fischer.  Chase still has a year to grow and get better.  Their shooting was virtually identical, and Chase played harder on defense.  Cottrill had a better supporting cast with Paul Herbert Williamson (who will get D-I notice next year), so they played different roles.  Fischer is wiry, but working hard on it.  He shoots well, and does take the bulk of Ripley's shots...but Ripley would win under 5 games without him, so he gives them a chance to win.  The AAU circuit, where he has better surrounding talent, will be more indicative of his style of play at Marshall. Don't judge a kid's shot attempts at a public high school.

He had 36 when I saw them play, and he hit over 50% of his shot attempts.  Is he a blue-chip kid?  No.  Will he play in the NBA?  No.  But he's much quicker than Burgess ever was, and he plays harder than Cottrill, is taller than Cottrill, and defends better than Cottrill.  He has a MUCH better attitude than Cottrill as well. 

I'm very happy that we got on him early.  What I like about him is that he is a self-made player.  His natural talent isn't incredible that could lend to him being lazy.  We'll get all the kid has to give, and with his shooting ability, quickness, and increasing frame, that could be pretty significant.

Online W0lfman

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • GB, i guarantee you your buddy is an eerdiot.  Bob Gibbon's says the kid can play, Donnie Jones thinks the kid can play thats proof enough for me.  And Bob Huggins would be recruiting him to, but he knows the kid wants know part of the morganhole.

P.S. below is the web address for the Big Green

http://herdzone.cstv.com/ot/big-green.html

Offline Slice11

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 10:20:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 12:28:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nobody never said he couldn't play. But i was in the hopes that he was going to be a "blue chipper" and i guess the other poster said no. And my friend likes WVU and Marshall and he is not the type that would say anything negative just because he likes WVU. He likes Marshall just as well. I hope Fischer becomes an animal. I already love this kid the way he talks about Marshall and hates WVU. Can't wait till he is wearing green.

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 03:18:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He reminds me of Alex Ruoff, but I think Fischer has more upside.  We've had better players at Marshall, but not really anyone that plays his style in recent memory. 

You should go see him for yourself next year.  Ripley will likely showcase him in several regional venues.

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 06:43:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like i said... I heard he is not a great player. He scores alot because he shots so much. I was told that he is not a good defensive player and he takes about 80% of Ripleys shots. I think Herrion will recruit better people than him. But he is a decent player.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 06:43:40 PM »