Author Topic: H-D: Can Herd fan root for WVU?  (Read 3214 times)

Offline robowski

Re: H-D: Can Herd fan root for WVU?
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FAIRWEATHER HERD FANS - WE DON'T NEED YOU - LEAVE NOW!
    A REAL HERD FAN CAN NEVER ROOT FOR THE WHO - NEVER!
    GO DUKE - BEAT THOSE FOOLS!

The ONLY positive that could come from a WVU Championship would be the media attention to all the redneck trailer trash burning down the city of Morganhole and the inbred knuckle dragging fans screaming and getting arrested. Of course the local police up there, would probably be about as active a a gnat on a turd - like they usually are! Unless someone is being murdered or a bomb goes off, they just turn a deaf ear on their hoodlum antics.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »

Offline marcbuff

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 11:58:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "This is Why Duke Sucks" by Peter "PMD" Rosenberg

warning bad language- Why Duke Sucks

Offline HerdKixButt

• All American
    « Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 12:03:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 99% - what r u smoking - maybe 60% are ok - maybe. Wear a Herd jersey next game up there and get back to me. PS I was hit by a can of beer also and cussed out by a teenager. That is not state pride. Why did VT, Maryland and Penn State say enough is enough? That 1% must be pretty bad.

what jersey does marcbuff wear when the two play....hmmmm

Offline marcbuff

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 12:04:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just told you what I wore to the WVU game watching party. ::)

Offline exanimate

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 12:05:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No. Have no reason to root for them.

Offline scherd

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2010, 12:18:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No way will I ever root for WVU.  Won't get into what I think of them particularly the "1%"

Offline HerdKixButt

• All American
    « Reply #31 on: April 03, 2010, 12:22:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just told you what I wore to the WVU game watching party. ::)

honest question though I have wanted to know for years...in your heart when the two play do you root for one or the other?

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #32 on: April 03, 2010, 12:48:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I root for Marshall when the Herd plays WVU. I root for WVU in games vs. other opponents.

Offline marcbuff

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2010, 12:49:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It all depends on the situation. I hate to see either lose so I hurt either way.

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2010, 01:54:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Clemson - South Carolina
    UK - Louisville
    Alabama - Auburn
    Florida State - Miami
    Ole Miss - Miss State
    USC - UCLA

They don't root for each other.  It's called school pride.  If you don't have it, you'll root for wvu.  If you do, you'd rather take a sharp stick in the eye before pulling for them.

As for me....I'll take the stick please!!!!

GO DUKE!!!!

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline MUherd50

• Rookie
    « Reply #35 on: April 03, 2010, 02:51:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Every cell in my body hates uspam.   ;D

Go Herd!                   Go Dukies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #36 on: April 03, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You know for a fact that there isn't a single Clemson fan also roots for USC, WVMafia?
    Or any USC fans who also root for Clemson?
    Or UK fans rooting for Louisville?
    Or vice versa?
    Or FSU fans rooting for Miami?
    Or vice versa?
    Or Ole Miss fans rooting for MSU?
    Or vice versa?
    Or SoCal fans rooting for UCLA?
    Or vice versa?

You've completed a comprehensive survey of all of these fan bases, WVMafia? I don't think so.

Pardon me, but I don't take marching orders from any Herd fan. I'll be rooting for WVU tonight.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 06:39:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You know for a fact that there isn't a single Clemson fan also roots for USC, WVMafia?
    Or vice versa?
    Or vice versa?
    Or vice versa?
    Or vice versa?

You've completed a comprehensive survey of all of these fan bases, WVMafia? I don't think so.

Pardon me, but I don't take marching orders from any Herd fan. I'll be rooting for WVU tonight.

Dude, I don't care who you root for.  NO REAL UK fan roots for Louisville.  NO REAL Alabama fan roots for Auburn, etc.  Now, some people like to have the best of both worlds, so if one is down they can jump on the other's bandwagon.  I live and die with the Herd and there is nothing in the world that will change that and no circumstance around that could make me do anything but hate EVERYTHING about morganhole and wvu.

So get out your blue and gold and put it on tonight.  I hope you don't ever pull for the Herd...we don't need anymore half committed people...we have enough.  Enjoy your game...I think I'll act like one of your inbred friends and get a couch doused in lighter fluid and ready for a Duke win.  I'll be rooting for every possible negative thing short of injury for wvu players and coaches tonight. 

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline HerdFanJ

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 08:47:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With all due respect....all of those "Herd fans" rooting for USPAM can suck it!

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With all due respect....all of those "Herd fans" rooting for USPAM can suck it!

You're too classy...they deserve no respect.  You aren't a Herd fan if you are rooting for wvu, posers deserve no respect.

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #40 on: April 04, 2010, 12:33:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    NO REAL UK fan roots for Louisville.  NO REAL Alabama fan roots for Auburn, etc.

Yeah -- like you have surveyed every UK and every Alabama fan, wvmafia. You don't impress by making stuff up as you go.

As for me, I root for WVU, and I am every bit as real of a Herd fan as you claim to be.

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah -- like you have surveyed every UK and every Alabama fan, wvmafia. You don't impress by making stuff up as you go.

As for me, I root for WVU, and I am every bit as real of a Herd fan as you claim to be.

Whatever...I'm not making stuff up.  I've been to a South Carolina vs. Clemson football game and went to this years UK vs. Louisville basketball game.  Those people HATE each other, period.  Just because your team lost tonight, you don't have to have your panties in a bunch.

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 01:13:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll very much agree, fans of rival teams absolutely hate each other, and most of those fans hate anyone who claims to root for both teams to win.  What that usually means is they are a casual fan.  Not the type who throws %^&* and cusses at the tv when their team is having a bad game. 

I suppose that sounds fitting, those of us who yell and cuss the tv like we really are 10 feet from the referee making the stupid call, are hardcore fans, and we are the ones who also root for whoever happens to be playing our rivals at any given moment, whether it be at tidley winks or football. 

I think the casual or social fans are those who root for both teams.  The ones who are there to hang out, and are happy with whomever wins when they play each other, which to me, would completely defeat the purpose of watching.  I can turn on a high school sporting event from Texas with 2 teams I've never seen before, and quickly pick a team that I want to win, that way it becomes worth watching.  If I start mid-game I usually root for the team who is losing, or pregame I will normally hope for the team who isn't favored. 

Back to the point, (I like to ramble lol) I would also say it is likely that most casual or social fans deem our hardcore behavior immature, dumb, or just chalk it up to us being drunks, even if they know nothing about us.  Those people who foot for MU and WVU or UNC and DUKE are also the ones who proudly explain to you that it's just a game!! Like I said earlier, some people just don't get it, but those of us who I explained to a "T" as hardcore fans, we definately understand one another. 

Last thought, somebody was telling me recently about the Buffalo (wayne) and CK rivalries from the days of old.  A husband told me he did not speak to his wife for 4 days after CK suffered a loss to Buffalo.  That is a prime example of the hardcore fans of a sports team, who as said above, absolutely hate the fans of the rival team!!! 

On a side note, notice that I didn't say casual or social fans weren't real fans. Don't start throwing bricks my way and Hilbilly don't tell me to STFU.  This is all just my opinion!  I'm not getting into the defining whose a real fan and whose not, that's pure garbage, period.

Happy Easter, God Bless!! and Go Herd!!

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #43 on: April 04, 2010, 03:19:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My #1 team didn't lose, wvmafia. Marshall didn't play because the Herd had already lost in the lowly 16-team CIT at home to Appalachian State.

My second-favorite team lost in the final four of the 65-team NCAA championship tournament - a claim that only a fraction over 1% the 347 NCAA D-I basketball teams can make.

WVU earned a lot of national respect this season. Perhaps Marshall could have, but the Herd didn't.

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #44 on: April 04, 2010, 04:16:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Or vice versa?
    Or vice versa?
    Or vice versa?
    Or vice versa?

Go ahead and root for wvu...they're out of the tournament!!!! But I know for a fact that those schools DO NOT root for one another. Because I did survey them and i did interview all of the citizens of the cities and schools aforementioned. Yes, they hate each other and yes, they will never root for one another. WVMafia is 100% correct.

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #45 on: April 05, 2010, 04:51:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe you, Marshallguy04. I also believe that you have been visited by space aliens.

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #46 on: April 05, 2010, 05:40:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I root for Marshall when the Herd plays WVU. I root for WVU in games vs. other opponents.

You're a perfect example of a typical "fan" in WV. Well whatever school they go to, in your case, Marshall, they'll cheer for. They'll cheer for them on top of cheering for wvu so if one is better they can lay claim to saying, "well I went to Marshall, so that justifies my cheering for them." If it's wvu who's successful they say, "I cheer for them because it's good for the state as a whole." Ding ding ding here comes the clue train! Last stop...Florida!
    Cheering for wvu only allows for their moronic fans to continue their douchebaggery antics. The publicity they'd recieve would give them more ability to bury us. Do you want that? Do you also want the state to continue to not care and allow them more freedom to do what they want and bully us around? Finally, do you accept the fact that Marshall, as well as any real fanbase, will not root for wvu simply because they are wvu?
    Depending how you answer those will determine if you have what people like to call, "common sense."
    You seriously define "bandwagon" with that sort of belief. You pick one and stick with it for life. If you don't, then don't lay claim alliance to Marshall. wvu fans don't allow for that BS...you either cheer for them 100% or be ready for a beer can to get thrown at you and have little kids cuss and flip you the bird.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2010, 05:40:39 AM »

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #47 on: April 05, 2010, 01:16:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    You're a perfect example of a typical "fan" in WV.
    No, I'm not. I am myself. I might be similar to some fans in WVa, but I am very different from others.

Cheering for wvu only allows for their moronic fans to continue their douchebaggery antics.
    No, it doesn't. The nutcases among WVU fans don't give a whit about me and who I cheer for.

Do you also want the state to continue to not care and allow them more freedom to do what they want and bully us around?
    The nutcases will bully you around as long as you allow them to do so. Every time you repsond in kind, you are empowering and enabling them. I ignore the nutcases among WVU fans. I don't allow them to get under my skin.

Finally, do you accept the fact that Marshall, as well as any real fanbase, will not root for wvu simply because they are wvu?
    No. The Marshall fan base, or the fan base of any school, is not monolithic. I, and many other Marshall fans also root for WVU, just as some WVU fans also root for Marshall. I don't take my marching orders from anybody. I am perfectly capable of making my own choices, and I am unaffected by the bullying tactics of Herd fans on this board who don't approve of what I do.

You seriously define "bandwagon" with that sort of belief.
    I haven't defined "bandwagon".

You pick one and stick with it for life.
    I won't do that.

If you don't, then don't lay claim alliance to Marshall.
    I am, and forever will be a Marshall fan and supporter.

quote]wvu fans don't allow for that BS...you either cheer for them 100% or be ready for a beer can to get thrown at you and have little kids cuss and flip you the bird.[/quote]

Some Marshall fans treat WVU fans the same way as some WVU fans treat Marshall fans. I have joined in WVU tailgate parties at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, when the Mountaineers play USF. As marcbuff can attest, I wear my full Marshall gear. Every WVU fan was as gracious as could be. Many came up to me expressing their admiration and support for Marshall. I wasn't on the receiving end of any derogatory comments.

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #48 on: April 05, 2010, 01:26:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Some Marshall fans treat WVU fans the same way as some WVU fans treat Marshall fans. I have joined in WVU tailgate parties at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, when the Mountaineers play USF. As marcbuff can attest, I wear my full Marshall gear. Every WVU fan was as gracious as could be. Many came up to me expressing their admiration and support for Marshall. I wasn't on the receiving end of any derogatory comments.

wvu fans are only the meanest when they're in morganhole with their own kind. They're quite humble when away from home it's because they know they can get away with stuff there. Anywhere else, they'll get their (@/:; handed to them.

Offline backontrack

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2010, 01:33:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The bottom line is that what's good for USPAM is not necessarily good for MU and vice versa...you can't REALLY be fans of more than one team...especially in a state where most favors are bestowed upom the school that is inextricably and incestuously interwined with the state politics...

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2010, 01:33:57 PM »