Author Topic: Huntington residents make me want to vomit  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Thunders

Huntington residents make me want to vomit
« on: April 03, 2010, 03:00:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

HerdFans.com

Huntington residents make me want to vomit
    « on: April 03, 2010, 03:00:29 PM »

Offline wvmafia

Re: Huntington residents make me want to vomit
    « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 03:12:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What a  bunch of sellouts!

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/x578670976/Mountaineers-run-bringing-in-business

I begrudge no one for making money.  If Glenn's, who is a supporter of the Herd via the Big Green makes money, so be it.  Just more in the coffers when it comes time to help the Herd. 

Because they are cashing in doesn't mean that they are fans of the QU'eers.  If they have their employees parading around wearing those rag azz t-shirts, that's another story.

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 03:27:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • we have no one to blame but ourselves.  Thats what happens when you let an administration flounder with out demanding our programs be better.  we have only have 2600 Big Green members donating and that is a insult to any school who plays D1A sports.  We should demand more and give more...we do neither and now wvu's success in both football and basketball is starting to take a firm grab on Huntington. 

Offline herdvillle

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 03:28:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stores got a make some cash.

Greg Rowsey was a 4 year starter for the Herd Baseball team, I see him at many Herd functions.

Paul is lifelong Huntington resident and big Herd fan.

Stores have to meet demand of consumer or go out of business.

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 03:40:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stores got a make some cash.

Greg Rowsey was a 4 year starter for the Herd Baseball team, I see him at many Herd functions.

Paul is lifelong Huntington resident and big Herd fan.

Stores have to meet demand of consumer or go out of business.

Agreed.  The disgrace is that Huntington residents want the garbage.

Wolf...I agree with your Big Green issues, but I agree more with your criticism of the Administration at MU.  I'm often maligned for saying this, but until MU gets a President that wants to COMMIT to success athletically, it isn't going to happen.

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Online lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 04:21:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't have a problem with a business trying to make a living.  People like me that live out of state know that Huntington needs all the business they can get.   As long as their is a demand in Huntington for the ugly colors then business will sell it.  Our fanbase has to step up and support the Herd and not buy the product.  The truth is the team up north is winning and in the final four.  A smart business man will sell some merchandise if there is a demand. 

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 04:59:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • and now wvu's success in both football and basketball is starting to take a firm grab on Huntington. 

Oh please wolf,  Its for one game.  Im not going to worry about it.  WVU will never take the huntington tristate.  Besides, WVU was in the shitter when we were in the BP years.  Its likely to be a cycle and some good fortune on WVUs part.  They dont have the finances to afford the good coaches theyve had.  Thats why weenie rod left and know they are on a decline.  Same with their last bball coach.  If Huggins wins the championship game he will be offered $3 million a year to go somewhere else.

WVU has been lucky and wont be able to keep bringing in coaches like Belein and Rodriguez and Huggins.  If they did continue to bring them in they would continue to leave after winning.  But they wont be able to bring in a bball coach like Huggins again.  Just like they couldnt find a big time replacement for weenie rod so they paniced and hired Barney Fife once they realized no one was bagging down the door to take the job in Morgantown.  The were forced to take another unknown coach...just like Rodriguez was before he arrived at WVU.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 05:03:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • some peolpe just want to get behind the state of west virginia for a night by supporting WVU.  WV residents dont have many opportunities to celebrate something that brings notariety to the state very often.  Sadly to say, a basketball game or a football game is about the only mechanism for WV to get any attention outside of the state.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 05:18:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope you're right FP, I hope you're right.

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 05:26:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm even thinking of letting some WVU fans have the old couch in my garage at at discounted price....

Offline Thunders

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 05:42:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The sad thing is if the situation were reversed you can bet your ass that WVU fans and people in Morganhole would NOT be rooting for us. They certainly wouldn't be selling out merchandise in their city of Marshall. That is a fact. The state of WV as a whole would not be cheering for MU to win to support the state.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 06:41:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The sad thing is if the situation were reversed you can bet your ass that WVU fans and people in Morganhole would NOT be rooting for us. They certainly wouldn't be selling out merchandise in their city of Marshall. That is a fact. The state of WV as a whole would not be cheering for MU to win to support the state.

+1 only because I can't do +1000

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 06:41:59 PM »

Offline dnick76

• Rookie
    « Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 06:23:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You can thank the guy that sat next to Ashley Judd during the UK games, in a blue shirt, for the status of the Athletic Program.   Why Marcum's name isn't synonimous with the Devil in this town is beyond me. 

And blame the person who brought him here, his publicist, Ernie Salvatore.  Also blame the meatheads that kept him in power.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 08:15:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope im right too this time.  Sometimes in the past Ive hoped that I would be proved wrong.

WVU doesnt have the money to pay for a final four caliber coach....and keep him.  Perhaps huggins IF he decides this is his last stop in his career.  But there are plenty of Big Ten schools and SEC schools that dont have any more tradition at bball than WVU but they can pay double what WVU pays Huggins.

Looking at the finances I dont see how they can keep a top coach if they stumble upon one.

AND looking at their past history, Beilein and Rodriguez, I dont see how they can keep a top coach if they stumble upon one.

I think with Beilein and Rodriguez they hired a guy that was unproven and used WVU as a stepping stone to prove themselves.

Now huggins was proven....but he came to WVU and his home state because he was in trouble (so to speak).  So, I dont know...he may stay.  But WVU football is going to continue on a downward spiral.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 08:18:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

no but many WVU graduates (no hilly billy fans) in Charleston and other areas of the state would be rooting for us.  The press would cover it a little bit but mostly gloss over it.  But it would happen.  It did with Marshall football.  WVU fans that were educated rooted for MArshall but you cant expect the newspapers to cover it too much.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 08:20:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • but I wont be going into the hall of fame cafe EVER after that.  The sports stores are suppose to carry all stuff for different sports and different teams.  Not so with the Hall of Fame Cafe.

Offline ought-three

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 08:24:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's capitalism, baby.

Milk the WVU fans dry and give it to MU. I like it!

Offline backontrack

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 08:59:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I see all kinds of Meeechigan stuff here in Columbus...MUCH more than the Ohio MAC schools...if there's a market to sell it then sell it...period...

Online lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 10:02:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • but I wont be going into the hall of fame cafe EVER after that.  The sports stores are suppose to carry all stuff for different sports and different teams.  Not so with the Hall of Fame Cafe.

Field pass, I agree with you.  It is one thing for a sports store or a bar & grill type place but the MARSHALL HALL OF FAME Cafe doing so really upsets me.  Sure they could have had "General" final four party featuring drink specials, etc to get people to go there to watch and spend money but not a special beer for them.  That is wrong!!!!

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe it's because they are producing WINNERS!!! Maybe we should try that without beating Brescia, Salem, Rio Grande?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »