Author Topic: Why a Marshall fan should never root for USPAM  (Read 6295 times)

Offline The Right Stuff

Why a Marshall fan should never root for USPAM
« on: April 03, 2010, 04:18:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was sitting at practice today and several of us were discussing the Mullet's article about is it ok for Marshall fans to root for USPAM.  The guy in front said his buddy was at the last game in the hole and a SPAMER told him that "maybe you guys can have another plane crash so they can make another movie about you guys."  To me that says it all about their fan base.  I would root for Red China before lowering myself to rooting for those bastards.  To me if you root for them you are selling out the Herd.  This goes for you too Marcbuff.

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

Why a Marshall fan should never root for USPAM
    « on: April 03, 2010, 04:18:37 PM »

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    Re: Why a Marshall fan should never root for USPAM
    « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 05:43:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One WVU fan makes a moronic comment and you attribute it to all WVU fans?? Please tell me that you didn't study logic at Marshall.

Offline luvherd

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 05:49:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FHF do u recall the t-shirts that was being worn a couple of years back?
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 05:51:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The fact such a comment was made about our football team like that, and the fan wasn't even touched or spoken to by his own kind (because I know some wvu fans wouldn't even dare mess with the plane crash tragedy) reflects their fanbase as a whole. Classless f uckers who desperately cling to their middle of the pack-at-best mountaineer team.
    They're whats wrong with the state, not Marshall.

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 06:26:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It does not reflect upon their fanbase as a whole. It only reflects upon the idiot who made the comment -- and his parents.

There are idiots among Marshall fans as well.

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 06:31:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ...who desperately cling to their middle of the pack-at-best mountaineer team.

You didn't really say that, did you. How can you possibly use any reference to their standing as a way to poke fun at them. I mean, hate their fans for whatever reason you want, but if WVU fans have a middle of the pack at best team, we have an NAIA wannabe has been. Really, they should be mocked because of their middle of the pack team. Their nationally ranked in football and basketball, playing in the final four middle of the pack team.

I mean, I know you hate them and all, but calling a nationally ranked program middle of the pack at best only serves to suggest we are basement, cellar dweller, bottom feeders in comparison. Surely you don't want that.

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 06:33:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The t-shirts are a disgrace and there were hundreds of them.  The better part of the wvu fanbase are idiots.  Maybe that's because they never attended college, I don't know.  When a student graduates from wvu, he/she goes back home and roots for the team that they have always loved.  wvu students are only there because they can't afford the tuition at Pitt, Penn State, Rutgers, CCNY, UMass, etc.  wvu FANS are the inbred Wal-Mart shoppers who drive the jacked up pick-up trucks.

They are scumbags, period.

Go Duke!!!!!!

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 06:35:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have heard too many comments of this nature attributed to their fans.  Why do you think a number of schools have refused to ever go back to the hole.  What about the incident that happened this year when Pitts assistant coach got nailed with a quarter thrown by one of their fans.  I am embarrased to have my state name printed across their jerseys.  I mean it is bad enough the press that our state gets in the first place and then have those idiots acting the way they do to further advance the stereotype.  No sir I could never root for them even in tidly winks.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline luvherd

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You didn't really say that, did you. How can you possibly use any reference to their standing as a way to poke fun at them. I mean, hate their fans for whatever reason you want, but if WVU fans have a middle of the pack at best team, we have an NAIA wannabe has been. Really, they should be mocked because of their middle of the pack team. Their nationally ranked in football and basketball, playing in the final four middle of the pack team.

I mean, I know you hate them and all, but calling a nationally ranked program middle of the pack at best only serves to suggest we are basement, cellar dweller, bottom feeders in comparison. Surely you don't want that.
    Point well taken.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline 36thunder

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 07:33:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i know of one dude that was sent to the hospital for wearing it..

Offline luvherd

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 07:43:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sad thing about those t-shirts was many of the surviving family members likely saw them
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sad thing about those t-shirts was many of the surviving family members likely saw them

I KNOW for a fact that Keith came face to face with one of them in the west lot...I can't imagine know that I lost my father on that plane, being able to keep my cool.  They are just a bunch of classless in-breeders.

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 07:56:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You didn't really say that, did you. How can you possibly use any reference to their standing as a way to poke fun at them. I mean, hate their fans for whatever reason you want, but if WVU fans have a middle of the pack at best team, we have an NAIA wannabe has been. Really, they should be mocked because of their middle of the pack team. Their nationally ranked in football and basketball, playing in the final four middle of the pack team.

They won't be ranked in football and if they are it'll be short lived. They may continue to be ranked in basketball but it'll catch up to them. They're enjoying themselves in the spotlight but historically...i'm talking the entire length of their programs' existence...I DO NOT think of them when I think of great teams. Even this little run they've had for 5 years in football...it's easy to forget because 5 years is jack when compared to Nebraska or Florida, or Florida State, Oklahoma, USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, must I continue?? They are bottom feeders of big name sports programs, and using the term "big name" is a stretch. They are not big, they are not wealthy, and they certainly aren't established. They are a stepping stone for major coaches to become even more major.
    Rumor has it Oregon contacted Huggins with a contract that would make him the highest paid coach in the history of college basketball. He was quoted as saying, "you've got to consider all your options" which is an indication he even gave it some thought! If wvu was "so great" he wouldn't even think about it. I wouldn't be surprised if he took it. Why else would Rich rod leave? It's because wvu is crap when compared to REAL programs.
    So when I say they're at the best middle of the pack...i'm being pretty accurate.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 08:25:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • More likely than not.....WVU wouldn't even be in this position if Marshall would have have took a chance on Huggins.

Offline Voice of Reason

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 10:38:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have said this before and will say it again...if you are under 30 I sort of buy that you grew up a lifelong Marshall fan.  Otherwise, if you were born and raised in the state of WV between 1965 and 1980 and say you are a life long Marshall fan and have always hated WVU then I think you are a liar.  You might have started loving the Herd as soon as you enrolled or something triggered it but otherwise I firmly believe no matter where you are from you at some point liked WVU.

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 10:40:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have said this before and will say it again...if you are under 30 I sort of buy that you grew up a lifelong Marshall fan.  Otherwise, if you were born and raised in the state of WV between 1965 and 1980 and say you are a life long Marshall fan and have always hated WVU then I think you are a liar.  You might have started loving the Herd as soon as you enrolled or something triggered it but otherwise I firmly believe no matter where you are from you at some point liked WVU.

I can honestly say that it's not the case with me.  I was born in '69 in Huntington and was raised by two MU grads.  They taught me hatred of wvu before they taught me to walk.  They are the greatest parents!  I love them for showing me the light at such an early age.

Offline exanimate

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 10:47:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm 34 and I can honestly say that I have never been a fan of WVU. My earliest memories (3 years old) are of being in Fairfield Stadium watching the Herd. Everyone and I mean Everyone in my family is a Herd fan, so I had no exposure what-so-ever to wvu. I honestly had no reason to pay attention to them. I stated in another thread that until Marshall played them in football in the 90's, I never really knew they existed.

Offline Mako

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 10:49:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My daughter is 4.  She knows 2 things about sports: "Go Herd" and "Mountaineers Stink."

If USPAM was playing the Taliban, I'd say, "Allah Ackbar."

Tonight, I'll just say, "Gooooo Dook"
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

Offline Voice of Reason

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 10:56:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  ::)  Perhaps I should have added anyone not raised in Wayne or Cabell County...

Offline exanimate

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 10:58:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh, sorry. Guess I'm not as cultured as others from WV.

Offline luvherd

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ::)  Perhaps I should have added anyone not raised in Wayne or Cabell County...

It is beyond me why a who fan bothers to post on OUR site during their big game.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline Voice of Reason

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 11:04:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chill out...just saying that it would make sense anyone living in those counties to be more inclined to associate with Marshall. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 11:04:27 PM »

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 11:12:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ::)  Perhaps I should have added anyone not raised in Wayne or Cabell County...

VERY few educated West Virginians root for wvu.  Only Wal-Mart shopping in-breeders care about New Jersey's land grant university.

Online 2xBison

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 12:20:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • it's a great day to be a WVian that graduated from a college!!!!!

right toni caridi?
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 12:30:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • it's a great day to be a WVian that graduated from a college!!!!!

right toni caridi?

Caridi is an a$$clown!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 12:30:59 AM »