Author Topic: Huggins Interview  (Read 1468 times)

Offline MUPE84

Huggins Interview
« on: April 03, 2010, 09:29:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was listening to Huggins being interviewed on espn radio before the game and the interviewer ask him what it this all means to the state of WV.  He said that since the people of WV do not have a pro team to cheer for the only thing they have to cheer for is their state school.  I guess Huntington and Marshall aren't in WV.  Typical. 

HerdFans.com

Huggins Interview
    « on: April 03, 2010, 09:29:28 PM »

Offline wvmafia

Re: Huggins Interview
    « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 09:31:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was listening to Huggins being interviewed on espn radio before the game and the interviewer ask him what it this all means to the state of WV.  He said that since the people of WV do not have a pro team to cheer for the only thing they have to cheer for is their state school.  I guess Huntington and Marshall aren't in WV.  Typical. 

If they would luck out and win this thing and show up in Huntington with the trophy on their "bus tour", I'll be as close as I can get to the door when it opens displaying two fingers for their inspection.

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:36:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's just start our OWN state... ? 8)

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 09:44:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's just start our OWN state... ? 8)

Screw that...let's just give morganhole to Pennsylvania or New Jersey...it's not a part of WV anyway. 

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 10:11:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Give it to that hell hole they call New Jersey.

TRS
    mU 71

Offline luvherd

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 11:19:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I guess the bus broke down.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 08:27:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DId you hear him when they asked him how he was going to  handle Duke's big guys?

He just sneered and said we play in the big east!

Then he arrogantly said that they were going to win the national title and drive it around WV to show it off.

Well Duke outshot, outrebounded, outplayed and outclassed them from whistle to whistle.

Offline Herd Tattoo

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 09:15:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I say we re-survey the Mason-Dixon line around Morganhole and put them in PA.

Offline Thunders

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 12:01:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is great is they got spanked!!!  hahah   Not even a close game, which makes it even better. Duke is just flat out better.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline CJHerdgrad

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 12:56:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

He is quite right, sadly.  People love a winner and a lot of people are on the bandwagon now.  At least their football team may be trending downward.  Their basketball team, unfortunately, is trending upwards.  Like him or not, Huggins is good coach and a great recruiter and a proven winner.  I fear they may be in the top 10 for years to come.

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 03:50:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He is quite right, sadly.  People love a winner and a lot of people are on the bandwagon now.  At least their football team may be trending downward.  Their basketball team, unfortunately, is trending upwards.  Like him or not, Huggins is good coach and a great recruiter and a proven winner.  I fear they may be in the top 10 for years to come.

All one should care about...is if you win it all. wvu's basketball program is hardly a winner by any means of the word...they haven't won anything major...sure the conference tournament but look at how piss poor their conference played when compared to other conferences in heads up matches? Seriously...wvu's basketball is going nowhere higher than where they were last night.

Offline WCHerdFan

• Earfan
    • Rookie
    « Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 10:38:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If they would luck out and win this thing and show up in Huntington with the trophy on their "bus tour", I'll be as close as I can get to the door when it opens displaying two fingers for their inspection.

Way to keep it classy Mafia!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 10:38:08 PM »

Offline HerdYou

• Rookie
    « Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 09:11:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd Fans , wake up , they went to the final 4 . Their basketball and football programs will stay on top the way state money is allocated to them . Marshall gets a welfare check every now and then from the state and that is why it will be hard for Marshall to reach the top . As long as WVU lawyers run Charleston , Marshall will have a very hard time moving up . Marshall was just talking about a Law School and they passed a law to stop it with any state money . The State of West Virginia should be ashamed of itself the way they give out state money to the Universities . They are satisfied with thinking small and only have one major University and the state thinks the same way .   Amen >:(

Offline MUPE84

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 09:46:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd Fans , wake up , they went to the final 4 . Their basketball and football programs will stay on top the way state money is allocated to them . Marshall gets a welfare check every now and then from the state and that is why it will be hard for Marshall to reach the top . As long as WVU lawyers run Charleston , Marshall will have a very hard time moving up . Marshall was just talking about a Law School and they passed a law to stop it with any state money . The State of West Virginia should be ashamed of itself the way they give out state money to the Universities . They are satisfied with thinking small and only have one major University and the state thinks the same way .   Amen >:(
      I like the way you think HerdYou.   8)

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010, 09:54:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DId that law pass, are you sure?

HerdFans.com