Author Topic: apparently we dont have the funds to hire a gottfried type coach  (Read 1018 times)

Offline W0lfman

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks Greenbison60 for the support.

HerdFans.com

Online luvherd

Re: apparently we dont have the funds to hire a gottfried type coach
    « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry Wolf but that doesn't register with him.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kiss off!!!!!! It's time to go after other people besides me. And this school will suck regardless. They have made so many mistakes thru thye years it's not funny. It's like giving the Gov't money and expecting them toi spend it wisely!!!!! Funny thing Butler made the Final Four and LOTS of other teams have been to the sweet 16 just no bigger than us. But we can't even get there much less win ONE game. That tells me it's something MUCH more than money. SORRY, that i'm the blame for all this mess at Marshall!!!!!!

Offline Slice11

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 11:06:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • apology excepted

Offline gtrman4herd

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 11:06:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well all of your BS posts were cries for attention, you got it, now enjoy it.  
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more.
    They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for,
    And your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more.
    *John Prine*

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 11:23:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cries for attention? LOL!!!! I'll tell you one thing....They better hope DOC gets it done (and i think he will).  Because i know of 3 fairly big contributors that are on the verge of giving up hope. One is a huge giver and the other 2 give over $3500 a year and also buy double digit seats in ftb and bb. And you can say well if they give up they aren't true fans. But these people have gave and gave and gave. And they are beggining to feel like a lot of others. That it just isn't going to happen. They have gave and would enjoy to see a Marshall make a run in the NCAA tourney or just even get there. And they would enjoy seeing the Football program be a Boise St type program or just occasionaly be a real threat as a BCS buster. But as they told me....They are getting tired of waiting and waiting and waiting. They said they could take that money and enjoy other things with it before they die. Just their words!!! Maybe we should call Butler and asked HOW they did it with a NO NAME coach? Or call all these Sweet 16 teams throughout bthe years and see how they diod it with no more money than us? It wouldn't hurt!!! Maybe they would say.....Figure out who the best guy is that you can afford instead of the ole budd system!!!!!

Online luvherd

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 11:27:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If u know big contributors I bet u mooch off them also
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline gtrman4herd

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 11:49:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • boo frickin hoo   I personally give 4 figures a year and have for a number of years, my company gives in excess of 20K a year and has for a number of years, we also endow an atheltic scholarship and I have a number of friends who give 4 and 5 figure amounts.  We do our part, do you???????  We give because its OUR school and sure we love success, but we give because we care. What do you do besides bitch and moan and not contribute?
    *John Prine*

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."

Benjamin Franklin

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 12:34:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • GTRMAN, you can say boohoo and brag about how much you give all you want. But Marshall can't AFFORD to lose ANYONE PERIOD!!!! They are starving for fans now. You and others are the part of the reason this University doesn't grow with your bigshot attitudes and people who just buy season tickets are FREELOADERS. Well maybe some of these freeloaders that just buy season tickets will get feed up with the criticism and stop. Sure, i know it doesn't mean anything because it is just people sitting in the stands screaming their guts out and cheering on the team. But who cares? Marshall has people on waiting lists to buy up those seats and never miss a beat. Just keep it up with the attitude and watch our university grow!!!!!

Offline Slice11

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 12:47:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • GTRMAN, you can say boohoo and brag about how much you give all you want. But Marshall can't AFFORD to lose ANYONE PERIOD!!!! They are starving for fans now. You and others are the part of the reason this University doesn't grow with your bigshot attitudes and people who just buy season tickets are FREELOADERS. Well maybe some of these freeloaders that just buy season tickets will get feed up with the criticism and stop. Sure, i know it doesn't mean anything because it is just people sitting in the stands screaming their guts out and cheering on the team. But who cares? Marshall has people on waiting lists to buy up those seats and never miss a beat. Just keep it up with the attitude and watch our university grow!!!!!

god you're not so smart

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 01:06:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• How so? Please explain. See I have always been a huge fan of Marshall my whole life. But i am beginning to waver because i really hate some of the fans and their bigshot attitudes. They also live in a fantasy world and believe we are some bigtime program. While making fun of WVU and others like they are nothhing. And that is why we will never be nothing. Because some of you don't demand it and keep living in a dreamworld. Like the first 4 years of the great Snyder LOL. Now everyone talks about what a horrible coach he was LOL. NEWSFLASH i told you that year one. And then there was Bob Marcum when he was hired and everyone was extating over him and even told the auther of "your problem now" he was not so smart. It never ends, you peole will just suck up whatever the leaders at Marshall says and stay in your dreamworld. And wait till the season rolls around and we get all those predictions how we will beat Ohio St. Newsflash....they will whip us and send us back home, just the truth.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 01:06:21 PM »

Offline gtrman4herd

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 01:47:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

You really just don't get it.  In no way was I bragging, you mentioned the people you know that give some money. I countered with myself and friends that give money, all facts, and I asked what you do. All I get is this asinine response. WOW!
    *John Prine*

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 01:57:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I give a LOT more than most. I buy season tickets. How many season tickets are there 3500? Out of the tri-state area of over 100K people. If enough just did what i did we would be at the top. But you all have the same mind set as Huntington....Just keep taxing the same few instead of trying to get MORE people. Imagine a team winning one game in the NCAA tourney in 55 years and getting there every few years with excitement. Almost 10K fans at the CAM everynight would takje care of a lot of things and 38K fans at the Joan would do the same. But hey let's just keep making the same mistakes and try and milking the same few over and over....What a concept!!!!!

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 11:16:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • if you think 3500 are our big givers you are bigger Maroon than i thought.

idiot.

i need to show you my donations and ticket expense...you'd be more impressed than I am.

what a Maroon.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 12:32:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That wasn't my point @#*^!. I was basically saying you start running off people that buy 10+ season tickets to both ftb and bb and give $3500 besides is not what you want. Show me wher i said they wre the bihhest givers. What a dumb fvk

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 08:38:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    What a dumb fvk

yes you are.  we ALL agree on that.

i think  this is funny, you antagonize all the time..........now the heat is on your dum&^$r*( you can't take it.

maybe you should have another name change???  not so smart
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 10:00:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FU

Offline gtrman4herd

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That wasn't my point @#*^!. I was basically saying you start running off people that buy 10+ season tickets to both ftb and bb and give $3500 besides is not what you want. Show me wher i said they wre the bihhest givers. What a dumb fvk

Who is running anybody off?  You said yourself that your buddies were giving up hope and would take their ball and go home, wouldn't that make it your their choice?
    *John Prine*

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 12:36:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They have every right to take their ball and go home. If DOC doesn't get it done in a big way i don't blame them. This University was lucky when we had Chad, Byron, Moss and Puett. Other than that we have been either nediocre at 1A in ftb and bb or pathetic. People are tired of waiting and if they want to spend their money in other ways that is their business. This school has SUCKED at decision making for ever and that is at least 50% of why we never have anything as much as money....BAD DECISIONS!!!! Look's like we are even having trouble luring an Assistant and an APPY ST coach to come here. Everyday recruiting is taking a hit and we will probably have to settle for an also ran....WELCOME TO MARSHALL where we play for middle of the pack!!!!

Offline goherd17

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 02:11:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • so move to Morgantown if you dont like it.  butler has one great year and automatically Marshall should be able to do the same.  In case you have not noticed WV is a poor state.  If not for Milan in Morgantown and the state govt they would not have near what they have.  Huntington needs a corp that can give like a Milan but Huntington does not have this now is that Marshalls fault also.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 01:38:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • with "diehard" fans like you its an absolute miracle we've had any success at all.  you cant even be shamed into helping the programs. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 01:38:34 PM »

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 03:04:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lrt's see with about 100K people in the Tri-State area and we have about 3500 season ticket holders. I guess we need MORE of my type. I do more than 97% of the people in the surrounding Tri State so get off my back and see if you can sell some more season tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 05:11:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like I said greenbison you are the epitome of what is wrong with our fan base.  I'll get off your back, but its a shame you dont see the problem in the way you think.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 05:14:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Like I said greenbison you are the epitome of what is wrong with our fan base.

amen.  this ass whipe epitomizes what's wrong
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 05:14:59 PM »