Author Topic: You are either with us or with them!!!!!!  (Read 6439 times)

Offline DJdaHERDfan

Re: You are either with us or with them!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 06:01:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • lay off the drugs, pal. lol;)
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 06:01:33 PM »

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 06:02:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You really are having a rough day, muherd34.

When you said,
    The only people who are trying to divide Herd fans on this board are the people who have more than one allegiance.

you must have missed the subject of this string:
    You are either with us or with them!!!!!!

There is a similar ongoing string, and there have been several others recently -- each of which seeks to divide Herd fans.

I have never accused anyone on this board of not being a real Herd fan.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 06:30:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You really are having a rough day, muherd34.

When you said,
    you must have missed the subject of this string:
    There is a similar ongoing string, and there have been several others recently -- each of which seeks to divide Herd fans.

I have never accused anyone on this board of not being a real Herd fan.

Yeah pretty much, I have been with my 2 yr old teething daughter all day since 7am and she has screamed the whole day and didnt take a nap.  My wife will not be home to after midnight so I think I will refrain from posting until after a good nights rest. ;)

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 06:54:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have "been there, done that" muherd34. Good luck getting some rest!

Offline muherd34

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 07:08:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have "been there, done that" muherd34. Good luck getting some rest!

Thanks, FHF

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 07:34:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Those on this board who are striving to divide Herd fans are not doing Marshall any favors, IMHO.
    I would rather have a small fanatical fan base that gives financial support and backs the program than having a bunch of marginal fans that wont give AND will be wearing yellow in our stadium on Sept 10.  But that is just one fan's opinion.

Offline Thunders

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 07:42:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WVU SUCKS!!!!!   

WE ARE MARSHALL!!
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 07:55:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • season ticket holders who wore enemy colors two yrs ago after wearing green game after game for several yrs, shoulda had their pics taken and the true Herd fans around them shoulda made their lives so miserable thereafter that the traitors soon didn't come back.....it's how I feel....I don't care
    what they give.......it's only coupla hundred miles to the hole....that's where they belong on Sat
    or at the B-Ville sports bar rooting on their beloved Qu-eers........the 75 prob rolled over in their
    graves........it's just like catching your most beloved with another man

"how could you give yourself
    to another man"?

Fool For Your Love - Neil Young

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #33 on: April 14, 2010, 09:12:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I would rather have a small fanatical fan base that gives financial support and backs the program than having a bunch of marginal fans that wont give AND will be wearing yellow in our stadium on Sept 10.  But that is just one fan's opinion.

Therein lies the rub, WOlfman. You are essentially saying that there are two types of Herd fans:
    (1) A small fanatical fan base that gives financial support and backs the program, and
    (2) A bunch of marginal fans that won't give AND will be wearing yellow in our stadium on Sept 10

You couldn't be more wrong, WOlfman. There are many, many variations and gradations of Herd fans, and every one should be considered a treasured resource. The efforts by some on this board to divide Herd fans and intimidate many who have a great love for and dedication to Herd sports damages Marshall just as much as do the WVU crazies you decry.

One of the most special Marshall supporters and Herd fans ever was my good friend John Roy, who passed away not long ago. John founded and was chairman of a large national corporation. He gave generously to Marshall, attended as many games as possible, home and away, and otherwise joined us at gamewatching parties in Clearwater, Florida. But, John also provided financial support and rooted for his alma mater, Michigan State. John never attended Marshall and never lived in Huntington. But, I would take John Roy over a dozen of the blowhards on this board who are trying to dictate the standards for how "real" Herd fans must live their lives.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #34 on: April 14, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In a dream one night I bought a blew and yeller shirt so I took a handful of black beauties and stayed up for a week......came down in Algebra class, dammed scary for an eighth grader

That is >  I could bear.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2010, 09:31:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not going to say much more because it isnt my intent nor do I believe it is the intent of others on this board to intimidate many who have a great love for and dedication to Herd sports.  I do believe the culture of our fan base needs to change if we want the programs to grow.  We are not a part of 1aa or MAC anymore, but I feel a lot of our fans think we are still at that level.  Lets face it we need money to compete, and the fact we only have 2600 BG members while our nearest conference mate has 15,000 in their fundraising arm speaks volumns.

I do want to add that the good friend you lost does sound like special person.  I'm real sorry to hear about his passing.

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 09:48:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• "When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2010, 09:48:37 PM »

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 09:08:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One more note about John Roy, WOlfman -- Marshall was his second-favorite school.

When Marshall played John's alma mater, Michigan State, he was cheering for MSU and against the Herd. With that lone exception, John Roy always cheered for the Herd.

Many on this board would denegrate, demean and disavow this very generous Marshall benefactor and Herd fan.

Those self-appointed wanna-be petty dictators on this board who presume the mantle to deign to define who is and who isn't a real Herd fan need to grow up. Marshall isn't big enough to be able to afford to disdain any supporter.

Just like John Roy, there are WVU fans who cheer for Marshall, except when the Mountaineers play vs. Marshall. And, there are Marshall fans, like me, who cheer for WVU except when the Mountaineers play vs. the Herd.

Offline Porkopolis

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2014
    « Reply #38 on: April 15, 2010, 10:27:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One more note about John Roy, WOlfman -- Marshall was his second-favorite school.

When Marshall played John's alma mater, Michigan State, he was cheering for MSU and against the Herd. With that lone exception, John Roy always cheered for the Herd.

Many on this board would denegrate, demean and disavow this very generous Marshall benefactor and Herd fan.

Those self-appointed wanna-be petty dictators on this board who presume the mantle to deign to define who is and who isn't a real Herd fan need to grow up. Marshall isn't big enough to be able to afford to disdain any supporter.

Just like John Roy, there are WVU fans who cheer for Marshall, except when the Mountaineers play vs. Marshall. And, there are Marshall fans, like me, who cheer for WVU except when the Mountaineers play vs. the Herd.

While Marshall is my favorite and always has been, I understand your friend.  I have degrees from both Marshall and Xavier.  I am a diehard Xavier fan but would never cheer for them against the Herd.  Guess what: the other Xavier fans seem to have zero problem with my allegiance to the other school I attended and understand my passion for Marshall. The idea that someone who has ties to multiple schools can't support both blows my mind.  Marshall needs all the support we can get and turning away Herd fans of any stripe is lunacy.  Do I dislike bandwagon fans? Yes I do, 100%.  But their money is just as green as mine!

Offline muherd34

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 10:51:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • While Marshall is my favorite and always has been, I understand your friend.  I have degrees from both Marshall and Xavier.  I am a diehard Xavier fan but would never cheer for them against the Herd.  Guess what: the other Xavier fans seem to have zero problem with my allegiance to the other school I attended and understand my passion for Marshall. The idea that someone who has ties to multiple schools can't support both blows my mind.  Marshall needs all the support we can get and turning away Herd fans of any stripe is lunacy.  Do I dislike bandwagon fans? Yes I do, 100%.  But their money is just as green as mine!

Really?  That is like comparing apples to oranges.  We SHARE everything in WV!  Resources, students, fans, and politics.  I dont see how being a xavier/michigan state fan is the same as supporting the mounties.  I will take any fan, but I wish we had more money and more fans that were strictly MU.

Offline sinjin79

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 10:55:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Haven't I read about 100 of these kinds of threads before?  Everyone has their own viewpoint. 
    I'll rolll more with Floridaftbfan.
    I live and work in Charleston and have lots and lots of friends who cheer for both schools.   I believe that's a good thing for Marshall and I'm for all that's good for Marshall.
    I don't like narrow-mindedness that leads to hate filled posts and statements about any West Virginia product.

Offline Porkopolis

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2014
    « Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 11:03:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Really?  That is like comparing apples to oranges.  We SHARE everything in WV!  Resources, students, fans, and politics.  I dont see how being a xavier/michigan state fan is the same as supporting the mounties.  I will take any fan, but I wish we had more money and more fans that were strictly MU.

MSU/Xavier/insert non-WVU here is apples and oranges.  But several posters--and one in particular whom I respect tremednously--have stated that cheering for any other school is going against Marshall. Not just in this thread, but in the past.  That is an attitude I have a real problem with.

Offline Peter Griffin

• Varsity
    « Reply #42 on: April 15, 2010, 02:39:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First of all, it has always been my understanding that we could cheer for whoever we want to.  I've never cheered for WVU over MU, but when the two aren't pitted against each other I have always cheered for WVU (except the last couple of years in the Rodriguez era, glad he left).  Does that make me any less of a fan?  does that make the money I give to MU any less valuable?  Does that mean when I buy tickets to MU games, that it doesn't count towards the total attendance?  Does it mean that my MU degree doesn't count, because I like WVU too?

"We are.......MARSHALL!!  We are NOT Marshall and we root for wvu when we are not playing them.  Do you honestly think they root for us ?  Let's get real here.  I say GO HERD OR GO HOME!"

I don't know really anything about the people on this board, but these type of statements sound exactly like the fans from other schools you all hate and whine about all the time.  I know a lot of WVU fans who cheer for MU when they are not playing against WVU.  A lot of them, come to MU football, basketball, etc.. games a lot.  My father for example, a die-hard WVU fan, has been to about 4-5 WVU games in the past 20 years, and about 30 or so MU games (football, basketball and baseball), and he has at times been a member of the Big Green too.  Sounds to me like he roots for MU when WVU is not playing us.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MSU/Xavier/insert non-WVU here is apples and oranges.  But several posters--and one in particular whom I respect tremednously--have stated that cheering for any other school is going against Marshall. Not just in this thread, but in the past.  That is an attitude I have a real problem with.

I understand completely.  I see where both sides are correct, but I am on the side of MU only.  JMO.

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #44 on: April 15, 2010, 03:44:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • wvu fans have a very good excuse to not cheer for us. First off, they're arrogant and need to all die. I'd rather have Al Queda running around morgantown than some of those worthless hacks...hell, even if they weren't all dead and some terrorists were running around morgantown, you wouldn't know the difference. bin Laden's favorite team is wvu he makes his terrorists train in mountaineer t-shirts.

They'd never cheer for Marshall because our school name has no representation of the state of WV. The fact is, they are West Virginia's University...if we want them to be or not, the crappy reality is, they bear the state's name in their university name. We don't. We're simply "Marshall" and for me...that's enough. People have google and can look up where we are.
    People here tend to cheer for wvu because "they represent the state" which is okay but silly at the same time. Cheer for the pride of your state by cheering for the enemy of your school?? Stupid. Cheer for the idiots that'll make your state look bad if they win? Stupid.
    Actually, I don't see much rationale behind cheering for wvu if you graduated from Marshall...although many do it. I think it's because deep down, they know they'd get further with a Marshall Degree than a wvu one.

That right there, would justify their reason to never cheer for us. So because of that, if its a good reason or not in your opinion, i will not cheer for wvu, ever! Because they are wvu and the represent the state in a horrible way. I'd rather just bear our school name, Marshall, and let folks figure out where we are than have a fanbase like the one up in morgantown cheering "because it's good for the state."

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is one of the worst posts I've read on this board.

"Rather have Al Queda"???????????

I can't think of a less rational, more inflamatory post.

What about a Marshall Grad, former president of his fraternity, who is a Lewis Business Hall of Fame, big donor for many years, has (with his wife) given an endowed scholarship for the Women's Tennis Team and happens to have a wife who also graduated from Marshall but got her law degree from wvu?? Is it wrong for them to support wvu when they play teams OTHER THAN MARSHALL??

I think not.

Do I like the wvu fans who burn couches - who throw things at other teams, coaches & fans, who spit or yell foul crap while children are present... let me be very clear -- HELL NO I do not like them.

This thread is like what's becoming a bigger problem in society, with us and damn everyone else. Many politicians and support groups are the same way. Inflame the troops and tear down the other side by any means possible.

I find it sad..........

Offline exanimate

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #46 on: April 15, 2010, 04:32:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't cheer for any other team, because I have had no connection with any other school. I was born in Huntington. Everyone in my family is a Herd Fan. I went to Marshall. If you went to Marshall and to WVU, I have no problem with you being a fan of both schools. If your family went to one or the other, I can see it as well. I don't understand how people who went to Marshall, but never went to WVU are fans of WVU. I don't see the connection.

More importantly, I really don't give a damn what anyone else does. I'm a Herd Fan, raising my kids as Herd Fans, Wife is a Herd Fan, so I will focus on my family and myself, and be at every game cheering my ass off.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2010, 04:32:51 PM »

Offline guru shudu moonday

• All American
    • Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #47 on: April 15, 2010, 04:49:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • if you show up  at the joan in green on  saturday's in the fall, i'd call you a fan.
    If your so damn smart, why ain't you rich?

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 06:28:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good Lord, people. What's with the long explanation posts?
    This is about just rooting for Marshall.

All I wanted to see is a bunch of "GOH HERD"" AND "WE ARE.....MARSHALL" tags and such.
    Instead I get all this babble.

Man up. This is a rally cry for Marshall fans.

Are you with us or with them?
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010, 06:57:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • its almost that simple.......not who went where...either it pisses you how the state pop and
    Legislature treat us or it doesn't.....lat time I saw, they got 3 times plus the funds from state taxpayers and yet they want to brag that their sports pay for themselves.....if you think Bobby
    was just kidding around about his feelings then you need counseling...he played FB and Wrestled
    for us and GETS IT...we will have played there 6 of 8 times after this series and still no one
    for one even though the money will go to some team from out of state and our gas stations,
    eateries and hotels can go fish......they(their administration has lied since we moved up in 97
    and made every excuse in the book not to play ie stadium too small but larger than Cincys at the time....we don't play 1-AA but scheduled Chatty as soon as we were 1-A etc) so put on your yeller and blew and pretend you're a big Herd fan but RIGHT HERE is one you're not gonna fool!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010, 06:57:49 PM »