Author Topic: Stadium update  (Read 1683 times)

Offline chemstock

Stadium update
« on: June 26, 2010, 05:50:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just sharing some photos of the new stadium additions. Hope you can see it in person this fall.
    Here take a look......(hot down here, hit a 100 yesterday....)

http://eastcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1324&tid=144427446&mid=144427446&sid=1084&style=2

HerdFans.com

Stadium update
    « on: June 26, 2010, 05:50:48 PM »

Offline W0lfman

Re: Stadium update
    « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 09:58:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very nice!

Offline Pinkerton99

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 10:55:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That looks good. Are they going to redo the sides of the stadium as well?
    Note: I'm not Eric Pinkerton.

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate ecu and think they'll be extremely fortunate to get 35K to a game cause they're gonna suck real bad this year. I also hope they don't win another game for the rest of their miserable tenure as a "football program."
    With that said...
    NONE of their fans on the board bitched about the stadium upgrade...even the scoreboard!

So why in the hell can't some of you do the same?? Some of you seriously look at the glass half empty ALL THE TIME!

Everyone complains about the "M" or the advertising "taking up too much space."

I hate ecu but damn...they are enthusiastic about their stadium! So learn from them on that because it's awful our fans can't be 100% the same either.

Offline Herd 90

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 10:19:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate ecu and think they'll be extremely fortunate to get 35K to a game cause they're gonna suck real bad this year. I also hope they don't win another game for the rest of their miserable tenure as a "football program."
    With that said...
    NONE of their fans on the board bitched about the stadium upgrade...even the scoreboard!

So why in the hell can't some of you do the same?? Some of you seriously look at the glass half empty ALL THE TIME!

Everyone complains about the "M" or the advertising "taking up too much space."

I hate ecu but damn...they are enthusiastic about their stadium! So learn from them on that because it's awful our fans can't be 100% the same either.

We could learn a lot from ECU in a lot of ways.  Their fans give A LOT more to their program as well.  The Pirate Club makes the Big Green look bush league. 

Congrats to ECU for doing all they do.

Offline chemstock

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 10:47:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really have a ton of respect for MU fans. I only am sharing and am sure Hamrick understands what we are doing and is taking notes. We both need BCS status........

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 10:55:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just sharing some photos of the new stadium additions. Hope you can see it in person this fall.
    Here take a look......(hot down here, hit a 100 yesterday....)

http://eastcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1324&tid=144427446&mid=144427446&sid=1084&style=2

Nice.  Thanks for the pics.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 11:23:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • we always enjoy your visits dude....come back soon

Offline mxman870

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 03:40:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really have a ton of respect for MU fans. I only am sharing and am sure Hamrick understands what we are doing and is taking notes. We both need BCS status........
    You are kewl Chem and a very welcome addition to our board. I enjoy your post and I also think you add to our board. Thank you for sharing with us.

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 09:46:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I think Hamrick's got his own agenda and probably isn't taking notes. Remember his disadvantage when compared to you in the recent 5 years. He's dealing with a team who's been extremely successful and spoiled because of it. We expected nothing less than 10 wins a season. You guys have sucked since history began with virtually no major recognition in sports unless Marshall were somehow involved...tragic or in pure back against the wall bowl game fashion, and only recently have been somewhat considered good (pure luck in a down conference if you ask me) thus revamping your fanbase in a critical time.

Just imagine if snyder had a remote feeling of success while here...I can only imagine how much more support we'd have...probably the largest in the East Div of C-USA. marcum was also a major reason for our downfall...the old @#&%# was cancer for Marshall. Thank the lord for Chemo-Hamrick...but it takes time...eventually we'll beat cancer and be marcum clear and free!

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 12:36:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chemstock, I am sort of confused by a couple of my brethern's posts in this thread.  Sorry about that. 

Looks like you guys are stepping up also with stadium upgrades.  I am excited that two of the schools are upgrading their facilities.

I can tell you that I am working on figuring out workwise how to make it to the ECU game this year.  That stadium will always be a special place for true Herd fans.

Thanks for the update.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline herd_67

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • 1 Timothy 6:10
    « Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 12:47:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks Chem for the pics & stop by and visit anytime you like.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 12:47:14 AM »

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 01:30:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh yeah, thanks for the pics. Stadium looks great!  ;D

Offline TomorrowHERD

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 02:11:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thx for the update Chemstock.  Take us with you when/if you go.
    Although I would prefer CUSA to start breaking through.  I think we will really start challenging this year!!! 

"I am for a government that is rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread."
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    "I predict future hapiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."-Thomas Jefferson
    http://www.cnmi-guide.com/ipg/islandlife/saipan2/

Offline herdfan_07

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 12:59:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like things are coming together in Greeneville.  I can't wait to get down there this year.  We had a blast the last time we came there, and the people were genuinely nice to us.  It will be interesting to see the upgrades they have done.
    "Rich Rodriguez For President"

Offline chemstock

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 04:01:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The main reason we went ahead with the expansion project is the cost to build was at a very low point now. It would never be any cheaper. We just put out bids for the pressbox side. A new 7 story addition ready 2 years down the road. Companies are hungry for work and will bid low to get them to keep things moving. We have 4 major constuction companies that get the bigger jobs. So we know the quality will stay high.

http://www.ibeamsystems.com/private/dowdy/

Offline Big City

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 03:34:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sitting in the equipment room now at ECU. Stadium looks incredible. I am told the video board in the endzone is the 15th largest in the country. I am impressed!
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline chemstock

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 84' wide by 24' in HD. I think CUSA fans will be impressed.

I really am just sharing.........heck the last 8,000 addition was while Hamrick was here.....

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »