Author Topic: CBS College Sports extends its multiplatform rights with C-USA through 2016  (Read 882 times)

Offline WV_Dave

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • July 22, 2010

CONFERENCE USA EXTENDS PARTNERSHIP WITH CBS COLLEGE
    SPORTS NETWORK THROUGH 2016

Conference USA Commissioner Britton Banowsky and CBS College Sports Network
    Executive Vice President and General Manager Steve Herbst announced today that Conference
    USA has extended its contract with CBS College Sports Network through June 2016.

The agreement with CBS College Sports Network remains comprehensive in nature,
    providing significant national and regional exposure for football, men’s and women’s basketball,
    baseball and the 16 other Conference USA sports, including regular season and championship
    coverage. With this deal, CBS College Sports Network retains the rights to broadcast more live
    C-USA events than any other television network. Additionally, the agreement includes videoon-
    demand, Internet, broadband and wireless distribution rights for C-USA events.

CBS College Sports Network also retains the rights to sublicense games to its affiliate partners throughout the
    country.

“We are excited to continue our great partnership with CBS College Sports Network,”
    said Banowsky. “We have been able to grow together, and we are delighted to announce this
    extension. The future is very bright for us.”

“Conference USA has been a terrific partner and we’re proud to continue showcasing
    the best of C-USA on CBS College Sports Network,” said Herbst. “Conference USA was one of
    the Network’s first long-term partners. The deal has been an absolute success, helping both CBS
    College Sports Network and C-USA grow nationally.”

C-USA and CBS College Sports Network first entered into its partnership for the 2005-
    06 athletic season. Over the past five years, CBS College Sports Network has nearly quadrupled
    its distribution. The Network has broadcast live more than 400 contests and events featuring
    C-USA teams. CBS College Sports Network is available across the country via local cable and
    video providers and nationally on DISH NETWORK (Channel 152) and DIRECTV (Channel
    613).

HerdFans.com

Offline dgparent

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 06/2010
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This crappy network needs to get about 3 alternate channels on DirecTv so they can broadcast more games. They have like 1 maybe 2 games a week.

Online svherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • UGH! Should have gone with ESPN!!!!!!!!!!!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline luvherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Money may be good but these network is not a friend of fans.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline MUsince96

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Crap! I don't really mind paying the extra money for the channel, but they hardly show any games. Plus, it's hard to grow your fanbase if people have to pay extra for the channel.

Offline GreenSteve

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As I read this...it's just the digital.

I think the TV negotiations are to come later.

I could be wrong though...

GS.
    "The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

Offline MUsince96

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As I read this...it's just the digital.

I think the TV negotiations are to come later.

I could be wrong though...

GS.

With this deal, CBS College Sports Network retains the rights to broadcast more live
    C-USA events than any other television network. Additionally, the agreement includes videoon-

Unfortunetly that sounds like TV as well.

Offline greenskeeper

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The national exposure is good, problem is an outlet like ESPN gameplan is now blocked from putting us on, and since its just one channel we get screwed. I hope CSS gets on DTV and maybe DShoe can get us on CSS more often...CBSC is still laggin way behind ESPN.
    What do you call a place where the coaches are drunks, the players pistol whip local citizens and the fans mug and rob expecting mothers ? You call it - THE FLAGSHIP PROGRAM IN THE STATE OF WV!!! Ollie Luck AD

Offline MUsince96

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I pray that we got the option to have ESPN gameplan pick up our games when CBSCS doesn't air games added to this new deal.

Offline GreenSteve

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With this deal, CBS College Sports Network retains the rights to broadcast more live

Unfortunetly that sounds like TV as well.

OK...
    "The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

Online Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I kinda like CBS sports...What sucks is that they pick a game we lose and replay it 42 times a year....Football and Basketball

Offline GreenSteve

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Conference USA Extends Partnership with CBS

Conference USA
    Metro News: The Voice of West Virginia

Conference USA Commissioner Britton Banowsky and CBS College Sports Network Executive Vice President and General Manager Steve Herbst announced today that Conference USA has extended its contract with CBS College Sports Network through June 2016.

The agreement with CBS College Sports Network remains comprehensive in nature, providing significant national and regional exposure for football, men's and women's basketball, baseball and the 16 other Conference USA sports, including regular season and championship coverage. With this deal, CBS College Sports Network retains the rights to broadcast more live C-USA events than any other television network. Additionally, the agreement includes video-on-demand, Internet, broadband and wireless distribution rights for C-USA events. CBS College Sports Network also retains the rights to sublicense games to its affiliate partners throughout the country.

"We are excited to continue our great partnership with CBS College Sports Network," said Banowsky. "We have been able to grow together, and we are delighted to announce this extension. The future is very bright for us."

"Conference USA has been a terrific partner and we're proud to continue showcasing the best of C-USA on CBS College Sports Network," said Herbst. "Conference USA was one of the Network's first long-term partners. The deal has been an absolute success, helping both CBS College Sports Network and C-USA grow nationally."

C-USA and CBS College Sports Network first entered into its partnership for the 2005-06 athletic season. Over the past five years, CBS College Sports Network has nearly quadrupled its distribution. The Network has broadcast live more than 400 contests and events featuring C-USA teams. CBS College Sports Network is available across the country via local cable and video providers and nationally on DISH NETWORK (Channel 152) and DIRECTV (Channel 613).

http://www.wvmetronews.com/sports.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=38249

HerdFans.com

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I pray that we got the option to have ESPN gameplan pick up our games when CBSCS doesn't air games added to this new deal.

That is key but I would be shocked if CBSCS allows that to happen.  Also having the opportunity to be on ESPN3 (360) would have been huge.  I don't know if any of you have watched very many events on ESPN3 but the picture is as good as CBS CS.  I was really hoping we could get on Gameplan... I guess it isn't ruled out yet but I am not optimistic now.

Offline MarshallGrad

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate no HD!

Offline GreenSteve

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Conference USA announced it has extended its television and multimedia partnership with CBS College Sports through 2016.

The agreement includes television coverage of football and 19 other Conference USA sports. The network also provides video on demand, Internet, broadband and wireless coverage of C-USA events. The network will retain the right to sub-license games to regional networks, including outlets such as Bright House Sports Network that have broadcast UCF games regionally in the past.

Conference USA did not disclose financial terms of the agreement or indicate whether it was an exclusive contract. C-USA's currently is the only conference that has television agreements with competitors ESPN and CBS College Sports, allowing the league to make more money and provide more exposure for its teams.

More to come soon.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/os-ucf-cusa-deal-07232010-20100722,0,7009701.story

Offline MUsince96

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good find Steve. I guess we still have hope that it's a joint effort with another channel that will allow better regional coverage when CBSCS doesn't pick our game up.

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate no HD!

CBSCS is in HD on Dish Network..

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
    • Member Since 02/2009
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CBSCS is in HD on Dish Network..

Too bad their "HD" is about as good as ESPN's standard def.  Oh well, at least we're on TV.
    GO HERD!!!

HerdFans.com