Author Topic: Idiot Dave Poe Article - WVU-MU Let It Die (Pburg News)  (Read 567 times)

Offline yaheeerrrd

• Rookie
Idiot Dave Poe Article - WVU-MU Let It Die (Pburg News)
« on: July 25, 2010, 10:10:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When West Virginia University and Marshall University began negotiating to play an annual football series, I was one of the earliesst and most enthusaistic supporters of that effort.

Why shouldn't the only major state universities play each other in football, I reasoned.

They already did so in basketball and that series not only was competitive, well accepted, and virtually guaranteed a sellout crowd at the Charleston Civic Center.

I compared a potential WVU-MU football series to the one that takes place every year in Colorado, where the University of Colorado, a member of the Big 12, plays a game against Colorado State, a member of the far-less prestigious Mountain West Conference in the Rocky Mountain Showdown.

It took Governor Joe Manchin to get the major players from West Virginia University and Marshall University together, but they managed to hammer out a seven-year deal that would see four games in Morgantown, two games in Huntington and one game at the site of the winner of two of the first three games.

http://newsandsentinel.com/page/content.detail/id/532343.html?nav=5064

HerdFans.com

Idiot Dave Poe Article - WVU-MU Let It Die (Pburg News)
    « on: July 25, 2010, 10:10:08 AM »

Offline yaheeerrrd

• Rookie
    Re: Idiot Dave Poe Article - WVU-MU Let It Die (Pburg News)
    « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 10:19:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dave Poe is the worst sportswriter in this state...he twists facts just to help his side of the argument...last year's game was poorly attended because it was freezing cold and pouring the rain down, not because people were not interested...if it had been anyone else, there would have been less than 50K...and is it possible Poe that maybe less people wanted to see WVU play last year than in the past considering they went from having one of their best teams ever a few years ago to being a mediocre team again...and he brings up the first four years not being competitive...the first four years took place when we were at our one of our lowest and WVU was at one of its highest...had we played this series from 99-2005, MU would have won at least 5 of them if not all...now that we are back and WVU is back (to their usual mediocrity), its going to be a lot different, but I can guarantee that when MU beats WVU the next 3 years, he will still have some excuse for why he and WVU are afraid to play us, or I am sorry why this series does not make sense

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 01:26:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mickey Furfari took a dump - out came Dave Poe.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One thing that bothers me about the whole thing...

If Manchin wasn't about to let either representative of Marshall of wvu go until they reached a deal, then just imagine if we had Hamrick instead of Marcum negotiating.

We probably would've made them submit to an 8 year 4:4 series...no joke. Instead Marcum was probably too stupid to realize what a game like that would've done for the city on an every other year basis.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 01:41:55 PM »