Author Topic: RIP John Gregory Ferguson  (Read 746 times)

Offline W0lfman

RIP John Gregory Ferguson
« on: February 04, 2005, 10:52:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm sure many Wayne Countians are familier with Greg.  I was fortunate enough to have Greg as an asst football coach at Buffalo High. Great guy who I'm sure will be missed by many.

JOHN GREGORY FERGUSON, 44, of Kenova, W.Va., passed away Tuesday, February 1, 2005, after a courageous battle with cancer. He was the Director of Human Resources at Cabell Huntington Hospital and the husband of Donna Spencer Ferguson. Greg was born September 29, 1960, to John M. and Joyce Ann Conley Ferguson. He was preceded in death by his paternal grandparents, John S. and Nora Langley Ferguson and his maternal grandfather, Fred C. Conley. Other survivors include one stepson, Daniel McDonie; one dear brother and sister-in-law, Jim and Nancy Ferguson and a niece, Avery, all of Hurricane, W.Va.; his maternal grandmother, Frances C. Conley of Catlettsburg, Ky.; loving aunts and uncles, Fred Darrell Conley of Inverness, Fla., Linda "Cookie" Lastition of Leesburg, Fla., and Larry and Louise Ferguson of Ceredo; cousins, Sonja Money of Kenova, Jeffrey Adkins of Wake Forest, N.C., Chris Adkins of Leesburg, Fla., Lisa Solomon of Sylva, N.C., Cherie Connolly of St. Petersburg, Fla., Stephen, Bradley and Ashley Conley of Inverness, Fla., and a host of family, friends and hospital co-workers. Special friends Jimmy Dingess, Ron Ferguson, John "Jake" Hoback, Jeffrey Maddox, Kirby Milum and David Allen Varney will serve as pallbearers. Members of the 1978-1982 W.Va. Tech football squads will serve as honorary pallbearers. Greg was an avid farmer and fisherman and loved the outdoors. He greeted life with a smile and had an uncanny gift for making others feel valued and appreciated. Greg was a football captain at Buffalo High School, Lineman of the Year and All-Conference football player at W.Va. Tech, a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the Wayne County Cattlemen’s Association, American Red Cross Board, American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration, and Past President of the W.Va. Healthcare Human Resources Association. Greg was chairman of the C-K Community Fitness Center Board, CHH Labor Management Committee, Job Evaluation Committee, Personnel Policy Committee, and the Contract Negotiations Committee. He was a member of the First Baptist Church of Kenova and Buena Vista Masonic Lodge #60 AF&AM Whites Creek, whose members will conduct graveside rites. A memorial service will be held Saturday, February 5, 2005 at the First Baptist Church of Kenova located at 12th and Poplar Streets, at 2 p.m. with Rev. Dr. David Johnson officiating. Friends may call on Saturday from 11 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. at the church. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the John Gregory Ferguson Memorial Scholarship Fund at P. O. Box 224, Kenova, WV 25530. Rollins Funeral Home in Kenova is in charge of the arrangements.

HerdFans.com

« on: February 04, 2005, 10:52:29 PM »

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 12:22:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is extremely sad to hear Wolf...I'm so far out of that loop now I never knew Greg was sick...He was a great guy with fine parents, that I always thought very highly of...Sad, sad day...I pray for his family   :(

Offline ATHENSHERDFAN

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 02:09:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Ferguson's are good people. Greg will be missed.
    I remember when he played high school ball at Buffalo, he was a monster, probably one of the biggest lineman we ever had.
    HERD FAN FOREVER!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 02:09:14 PM »