Author Topic: Malware Warning...  (Read 652 times)

Offline wvmafia

Malware Warning...
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is anyone else getting a Malware Warning when they click on certain threads that says that the "link contains content from herbanmedia.com that is trying to install malicious software on your computer"?

I've got my firewall on high and am running two different Malware seekers and can't find anything on my machine, but several threads are giving me this warning as soon as I click the link and it won't let me read it because I'm getting that warning...

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

HerdFans.com

Malware Warning...
    « on: June 27, 2012, 11:31:59 PM »

Offline W0lfman

Re: Malware Warning...
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 11:35:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • screenshot what you're talking about for me.  i dont see anything, but examinate said he saw something like what you're talking about.  get it to me and I'll follow up with my hosting company.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:41:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I saw it once, but I just figured my malware program thought I was not so smart too.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline herds

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 11:58:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It might be a sig

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 12:05:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • could be a sig or coming from any number of links posted daily.  if anyone sees anythingt get me a screenshot, the post it was coming from so I can follow up.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 12:36:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I got this when I clicked on the Booker article:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
    www.herdfans.com contains content from www.herbanmedia.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
    Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
    We have already notified www.herbanmedia.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on www.herbanmedia.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

If you understand that visiting this site may harm your computer, proceed anyway.

Help improve detection of malware by sending additional data to Google about sites on which you see this warning. This data will be handled in accordance with the Safe Browsing privacy policies.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 12:42:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BTW W0lf, I am using Chrome.  I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 12:50:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I got this when I clicked on the Booker article:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
    www.herdfans.com contains content from www.herbanmedia.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
    Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
    We have already notified www.herbanmedia.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on www.herbanmedia.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

If you understand that visiting this site may harm your computer, proceed anyway.

Help improve detection of malware by sending additional data to Google about sites on which you see this warning. This data will be handled in accordance with the Safe Browsing privacy policies.

That's the one I got too.  I can't get a screen shot as it won't allow me to right click for options.  There are 6 threads that currently give it to me.  I to am using Chrome and that's where I first noticed it, so I went to IE of which I'm using the most current version and I still get it.  I haven't tried Firefox because I don't have it on this computer...I can try it tomorrow at work to see if it's happening on Firefox as well.

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 06:43:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can you give us the list of the 6 threads that are giving you the warning?  I'll do some poking around this evening when I get home from work.  Thanks bud!
    GO HERD!!!

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 09:35:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Problem solved.  It was coming from a Herd helmet signature. 

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 11:12:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was coming from a Herd helmet signature. 

If you had typed this in those weird little Russian or Greek letters, it wouldn’t have meant any less to this reader.

Problem solved.   

Thanks again. We nongeek internet surfing Herd fans do appreciate your efforts, even if we have no idea what you really do. ;D

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 12:56:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Yeah.. herdbanmedia.com is where I get the Alert from.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 12:56:04 PM »

Offline Dunk

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • HerdFans Contributor
    « Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Whose signature was it? lol

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »