Author Topic: Which is the most humiliating loss of recent years?  (Read 1599 times)

Offline wvmafia

Re: Which is the most humiliating loss of recent years?
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now that you mention it, I think Snyder's VT game could be among the worst gameday jobs of any coach.

Easy now --- are you forgetting the Kansas State game?  That was the worst in game management I've ever see anywhere!

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »

Offline exanimate

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 12:53:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That play call at the end could go down as the dumbest call of all time. He can claim mixed up signals on the sideline all he wants, I don't buy it.

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 01:04:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That play call at the end could go down as the dumbest call of all time. He can claim mixed up signals on the sideline all he wants, I don't buy it.

COULD be the dumbest in football history???  Really??? Only COOULD be???  Anybody who had ANY doubt about the sh*ttiness of the Snyder hiring knew right after that call that we had the worst head coach in I-A football!  The only thing that may make the K-State play out of the #1 All-Time spot is the reverse inside the 5 call!  That dumbs*it has two of the worst calls in college football history to his credit!

Good Lord, what the he!! were we thinking when we hired that turd?

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline herdphoto

• Rookie
    « Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 01:36:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the worst loss for the Herd has been the quarter to one third of our fan base that doesn't care about Herd football anymore.  That became evident at two big home games last year (So. Miss and ECU) where we didn't have the stadium packed...not to mention the VT game not being a sell out.  People don't show up to tailgate any more like they used to.  The West Lot used to be full and jammin 4-5 hours before games now its half empty at kick off.  I credit the dynamic duo of Synder/Marcum for that.  To me that is worse then any one single loss because the long excruciating road that we have taken to lose those fans.

Now that we are moving in a positive direction I hope we get most of those back plus some.

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Easy now --- are you forgetting the Kansas State game?  That was the worst in game management I've ever see anywhere!

If only he would have burned two redshirts, it could have been his signature loss.... ;D

Offline LetsDoThis

• Varsity
    • Member Since 09/2011
    « Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 02:10:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I remember sitting in a stupor at Uno's post game, and everyone around us was in the same funk. I didn't even finish my only beer...

yeah, bad day indeed. KState game set the tone for the next 4 years.

I walked home and sat in my room alone for 2 hours trying to figure out what just happened.
    GO HERD!

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If only he would have burned two redshirts, it could have been his signature loss.... ;D

Classic +1

I walked home and sat in my room alone for 2 hours trying to figure out what just happened.

At the end of the 2 hours, did you come to the conclusion that we had the worst coach in the history of college football? 

Offline mr_ash_1995

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 05:09:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Harp do you agree with me that if Snyder had started Morris in the first half we would have outscored NH? I still think it was one of the worst coaching decisions not to start Morris, since our D was so horrible that year.

I'm with HarpDaddy and Buffalo Bop...the NH game was awful.  Also, this was when the gas prices started getting out of control.  The first time I had to pay $70 to fill up my truck.  Just a HORRIBLE day!!!   >:(

Don't know if I would have started the injuried Morris but I wouldn't have spotted NH 21 pts before putting him in the game.  Another brilliant decision by that coaching staff.  
    Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 05:22:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • wvu 2010

Offline redparallax

• Rookie
    « Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 05:47:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is there a list somewhere here that I'm missing out on?  I don't see any list in the OP.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 05:47:34 PM »