Author Topic: Gazette: Marshall notebook: Doc reminds Herd of first-week shockers  (Read 474 times)

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
  • Member Since 02/2009
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    By Doug Smock

HUNTINGTON - After finishing on the wrong end of a 69-34 rout at West Virginia, Doc Holliday shouldn't have to motivate his Marshall troops about playing hard this week.

But the third-year coach does have more ammunition as his team prepares for the home opener at Western Carolina. He has three scores from last week to help him.

Youngstown State 31, Pittsburgh 17.

Texas State 30, Houston 14.

Tennessee-Martin 20, Memphis 17.

Link: http://wvgazette.com/Sports/Marshall/201209040295
    GO HERD!!!

HerdFans.com

Offline HerdBlizz

Re: Gazette: Marshall notebook: Doc reminds Herd of first-week shockers
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 12:10:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc needs to learn that just because others get beat that it doesn't give you the ok to lose too.  It's nit that you lose, but in the manner you do it in.

Offline Peter Griffin

• Varsity
    « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 04:25:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's not how I understood that article at all.  It seems to be more of a warning to his players that you can lose to anybody on any gameday.  Don't overlook this opponent.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • me too.......I do hope tho that we are almost above losing to a 1-AA team that won 1 or two games the last few yrs.  If they score 17 or more I am gonna be very worried. I look for Cato and co to score more than 50.........over 30 by halftime.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 04:56:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Look for Grooma to really run wild this week. I believe he will get over 100 yards easy if he gets 8 or more touches.

We should score 60 or we are in trouble.

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 05:31:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc needs to learn that just because others get beat that it doesn't give you the ok to lose too.  It's nit that you lose, but in the manner you do it in.

Mad props for your negativity and hatred of everything Doc and Marshall football.  It has to take effort to hate him as much as you do!

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mad props for your negativity and hatred of everything Doc and Marshall football.  It has to take effort to hate him as much as you do!
    Don't think it's hate there chief!   Maybe a Herd fan wanting a better product on the field?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »