Author Topic: CBSSports: College Tweet: Ohio's chances of running the table  (Read 925 times)

HerdFans.com

CBSSports: College Tweet: Ohio's chances of running the table
« on: September 05, 2012, 05:43:18 PM »

Offline wvmafia

Re: CBSSports: College Tweet: Ohio's chances of running the table
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All indications are that OU will be the 2nd best team we face this season --- I'm personally not buying the FUC hype.

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 05:50:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • says we were the worst D in the country last yr.....I didnt know that or think that?

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 06:00:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The only table Ohio will run is the breakfast table. They are going down in Huntington.
    "The Herd #1"

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 06:02:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Everyone is on Ohio's wagon!

Just means that we have everything to gain and nothing to lose....(much less to lose, that is)

Think about Ohio going 11-1 and losing a close one to us....WHat would that do for the rivalry?

Million dollar question, Will they will be ranked by the time they play us
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:04:48 PM by Johnnyherd »

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 06:18:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • says we were the worst D in the country last yr.....I didnt know that or think that?

And continuing so far this season

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 06:19:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not on their "wagon".

I don't think they'll "run the table".

I don't think they'll be ranked when they come here.

But I do think they are a team not to be taken lightly...that's all.

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 06:27:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I don't think they'll be ranked when they come here.

It might be close, they're getting votes right now.   Looking at the "other schools getting votes" section of the polls, they are 34th and 35th

(Of course you know I wasn't implying "marshall fans" are on their wagon or are predicting an undefeated season...I was referring to the media, general public)
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:29:40 PM by Johnnyherd »

Offline MUHokie07

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 02/2011
    « Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I too doubt they'll be ranked when they roll into town, but I would absolutely love it if they were. 

A night time game in the Joan against a ranked opponent.  That's just the kind of team we need to beat to get a little recognition ourselves.   

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 06:48:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope this is not a repeat of last years embarassing loss.

The Herd better bring the A game or will be a dissapointed group of fans.

GO HERD !!!!!

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 06:51:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It might be close, they're getting votes right now.   Looking at the "other schools getting votes" section of the polls, they are 34th and 35th

(Of course you know I wasn't implying "marshall fans" are on their wagon or are predicting an undefeated season...I was referring to the media, general public)

The reason that I doubt they'll be ranked when they come into town is that they basically need about 14 teams to lose to get there --- 8-12 in front of them in the "also receiving votes" category then 2-4 teams already in the Top 25.  If they beat NMSU, they won't get the necessary bump to get there.  The Pedd State win got them enough "pub" that if they win 3-4 more consecutive they'll get in --- but one of those games in the string is against us and they ain't winning that one!

Offline LUVTHATHERD

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 06:59:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Print it out, put a copy in Doc's office, Rippon's office, and the locker room next week with the words "steamrolled and worst defense in the country" highlighted!!!  Maybe someone will take notice and change the less than stellar defensive schemes we ran last week. I honestly believe the talent on defense is there...COACH IT UP AND USE IT TO IT'S FULLEST CAPABILITY!!!  In the mean time let's get ready for Saturday and STEAMROLL WC!!!  PROTECT THE M!!!  GO HERD!!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 06:59:08 PM »

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 08:58:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When was the last time a MU vs. OU game actually meant anything more than another win or loss?  I'm STOKED for that game, but first things first! 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline Greg H

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 09:44:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That game sets the tone for the whole season.  Need a good night Saturday to iron out some problems.  Then, we need to recognize OU for what it is, a very, very good team, but not a juggernaut.  Need to be fired up and prepared, not overly worried.  We certainly have the ability to beat that team, solidly if we play well at home at night.  But we sure could lose. 

Win that game convincingly (regardless of score), and you carry huge Mo into Rice/Purdue, and you're the instant favorite to win CUSA East, if not the conference.  Lose it close, you probably lose Purdue but still have a shot at CUSA.  Lose it badly...and it'll be hard to recover a great year to finish with more than 8 wins.

This game is HUGE, and I'll be there +3. 

Offline korun

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 10:05:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hell yes its a big game.... cooking in chilifest in Huntington then a night game???? Did I die and go to heaven? Best possible setup for a Saturday since, since I cant remember when. If I can walk out of that stadium, it will be a miracle.

Offline svherd

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 10:13:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OU is a huge game on many levels. Rippon and Doc better grow a pair and bring it on defense. OU, UCF and Tulsa are the three best teams left on our schedule. jmo.
    You can bet OU will come in fired up and wanting to prove last year was not a fluke. Hopefully they will bring a few thousand fans.
    Good gracious, I never thought I would see the day when the OU football program was percieved better than ours. ugh!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Greg H

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 10:14:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good gracious, I never thought I would see the day when the OU football program was percieved better than ours. ugh!

I know one perfect way to put that perception to rest.  It only takes 60 minutes.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 10:14:36 AM »