Author Topic: Did anybody see how many season tickets we sold???...  (Read 1233 times)

Offline backontrack

Did anybody see how many season tickets we sold???...
« on: September 05, 2012, 06:17:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe I missed it...so I'd appreciate it if someone would pass that information on...thanks...

HerdFans.com

Did anybody see how many season tickets we sold???...
    « on: September 05, 2012, 06:17:18 PM »

Offline wvmafia

Re: Did anybody see how many season tickets we sold???...
    « Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 06:20:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe I missed it...so I'd appreciate it if someone would pass that information on...thanks...

I never saw a final number, but we were "tracking" for 12,500 - 13,000 with two weeks of sales time to go.

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 06:24:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I never saw a final number, but we were "tracking" for 12,500 - 13,000 with two weeks of sales time to go.

If that's the final...

not good for 37,000 seat stadium with the best potential in 5 years or more??

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 06:47:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If that's the final...

not good for 37,000 seat stadium with the best potential in 5 years or more??

13,500 is the best we've ever done outside of 2006 if I'm not mistaken.  It's pretty much a static number in that range.

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 06:49:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The last I saw, we were a little behind last year
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mean while you people complaining about ODU joining conf USA need to understand that they sold 14-15000 season tickets.

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 08:30:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mean while you people complaining about ODU joining conf USA need to understand that they sold 14-15000 season tickets.

And they are still ODU. 

Offline herdman

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 08:37:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Grambling can sell out the dome as well.

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 09:25:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 09:50:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/08/odu-athletics-ticket-prices-increase-slowly

"ODU sold out its first three seasons at the 19,818-seat Foreman Field and is sold out again this season. ODU has a waiting list of 3,800 prospective season-ticket holders. To put that in perspective, ODU's 14,693 season tickets are owned by 3,120 people. Most have four tickets or more, which they share with family and friends.

ODU officials figure there's a pent-up demand for at least 12,000 more season tickets."

So essentially as of right now they have a demand for a little over 26K of season tickets if they had the space. Is that incredible or what? It will be interesting to see how big a crowd they bring to Huntington.
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:07:42 PM by MarshallSteve »

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 09:59:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshalls 13000 seats are probably owned by less than 3500 people.  I have 5 I know people with 8.   Those numbers can be played to show different things
    « Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:10:03 PM by HerdBlizz »

Offline whf

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 11:00:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We should, IMHO, be at least at the 20,000 level for season tickets.  No excuse not to be, and season tickets should be our most important objective in both football and basketball; far ahead of facility improvements, etc.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 11:00:39 PM »

Offline banker

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 12:15:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our season tickets are controlled by a lot less than 3,500 people.  I know some companies that buy over 50, my company has 16.

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 07:55:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our season tickets are controlled by a lot less than 3,500 people.  I know some companies that buy over 50, my company has 16.

I'd say you are right. It would be interesting to know what the number is.

Offline svherd

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 08:02:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have 6 in 109. Its time that MU got creative with some season tix packages, especially in the end zone area. Maybe a 6 for 60.00 deal like they had a few years ago. AT worst, pick 3 games and have a mini season tix package. jmo.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline chezdog30

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 08:54:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • SO much for Karma points but here goes:

WIN and the ticket sales go up.
    Fans have been promissed great things by Snyder, KO, Doc, etc...and are yet to see them turn into WINS. Not saying we cant turn it around this year and start the trend ( in which I hope will happen do to improvement and a much weaker conference) but the average fan will NOT invest money in a losing cause.

The WVU series is the main reason we are moving backwards on sales...most of us (I included) tend to base the season off how we do on the WVU game. Lets be honest, 75% of our fanbase would take a win over WVU and go 1-11 vs a 8-4 bowl year. Since we have been obliviated by them the fan base dwindles every year. MU is aware of this and just one of two reasons we wont negotiate with WVU for many years to come.

We just simply have to WIN to get back to the attendance we used to have. Expectations are high this year and a less than a 7-5 or 8-4 campaign will hurt next years attendance again. Part of it is fair weather fans but mostly the tough economy.

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have the same attendance that we used to.  People are changing around history when it comes to our attendance when we were in the MAC.

However, I do agree that winning is the last piece of the puzzle.

Offline BipolarFan

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 09:25:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Win a lot and win championships and season ticket sales will go up.

Simple as that.

Keep on keeping on as a 5-7 to 7-5 team that occasionally goes to a bottom tier bowl and you won't see much improvement.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 09:39:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I swear, if i hear "the economy" as a reason we can't fill our stadium again.... WVU fans don't have jobs, don't know what internet is, or a cell phone for the most part, and they make it to the games.

Our economy in WV is one of the strongest in the nation now days, real estate vakues are holding, etc.

Even florida is full and their "economy" is truly crap right now.

Economy has nothing to do with it. 10 years of irrelevance does. Win, on a bigger stage than the MAC, and people will come.

Offline Greg H

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 09:40:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Two things.  First, I'm really excited about ODU coming in.  It's a 3 hour drive and "they'll be fine."  

Second, win 10 games a year and occassionally go undefeated, or nearly, over a 20-30 year time frame, we'll be right where WVU is now.  Their clear lack of class aside, that's a place I'd like to be.  In other words, win, and the fans will return, and grow, and the facilities will follow.  It will take a long time.  But it took a hell of a long time after 1970 for the program to get to where it was in 1999 too.  Winning consistently + patience equals long term success and growth.  Look at WVU...as much as it pains me to say it, but that's the path they followed.  It's not like they were a powerhouse in 40-50 years ago.  They are close to being now.

Offline herdadreh

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 01:41:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why should we sell more season tickets than ODU? 

Do we have a better team? 
    Do we have more recent success?
    Do we have more fans? 
    Do we have more "potential fans" in our metro area? 
    Do we have more excitement (recent move up)? 
    Do we have more money? 
    Do we have more prestige as a university?
    Do we have more history?
    Do we have more alumni?
    Do we have a better home schedule?
    How is the RELATIVE economy in our area relative to theirs?
    How many potential fans are within a short drive (say 1 hour), and how wealthy are they?
    How divided are the allegiances in our potential fan bases, relatively speaking (i.e. other I-A schools especially at state-wide level)?

Other factors/questions I should have asked?

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our season tickets are controlled by a lot less than 3,500 people.

I'd bet that number is lower that 3,500.

I know two businesses that have a total of 45 and I have 7 as an individual...I'd say that the 11-13K tickets are bought be fewer than 2,500 individuals and businesses.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »