Author Topic: I think I know this guy...  (Read 513 times)

Offline W0lfman

I think I know this guy...
« on: September 06, 2012, 09:35:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Former Marshall student Brian Giompalo, 43, of Huntington, has been to four of the seven matchups between WVU and Marshall within the past decade. He argued that the uneven nature of the series has been unfair for the Herd.

“Obviously, it sucks that it’s ending,” Giompalo yelled over the melody of the Marching Thunder band in the minutes leading up to the game Saturday. “The problem with the series is that there’s greed on both sides. I think that the state needs to get together and do one in Huntington and one in Morgantown. It’s all boiled down to greed now, I think.”

Giompalo said he wants the series to continue, and contends that Marshall fans “overwhelmingly” want to see the two teams continue to meet on the gridiron, but only on an even basis.

“I know very few that would be happy with it going on in any other manner than evened-up,” Giompalo said

http://www.marshallparthenon.com/mu-wvu-fans-mull-continuation-of-football-series-1.2757437

HerdFans.com

I think I know this guy...
    « on: September 06, 2012, 09:35:48 PM »

Offline exanimate

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    Re: I think I know this guy...
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 09:49:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What a blowhard!  ;D

Offline HerdNBluefield79

• Varsity
    « Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 10:03:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just browsed through the article's comment section and CTMountaineer is one eat-up Maroon. He posts on every article (regardless of topic) about Marshall from football to Pharmacy and other expanding academic programs.
    In an HD article about Weisberg's donation for a new engineering complex, he complained about duplicity of state funds to Marshall by citing some fluke agreement that Marshall would never obtain a medical, engineering or medical school when it became a university.

I swear I think he's Ridpath's q##er little brother, or some WVU croc wearing pill head from Sabraton or Kingwood.

Yet, it isn't a rivarly....
    In the middle of Huntington, West Virginia, there is a river. Next to this river, there is a steel mill. And next to the steel mill, there's a school. In the middle of this school, there's a fountain. Each year, on the exact same day, the exact same hour, the water to this fountain is turned off. And in this moment, once every year, throughout the town, throughout the school, time stands still.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 10:34:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I swear I think he's Ridpath's q##er little brother, or some WVU croc wearing pill head from Sabraton or Kingwood.

Reminded me of a little recognized fact about WVU....

http://www.herdfans.com/12thman/index.php?topic=35915.0

Offline marshall fanatic

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 11:27:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well CTmountaineer is in fact a Marshall Graduate.

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 08:06:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With a name like Giompalo he probably has ties to the mafia... in West Virginia...  ;D

Offline MUPE84

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 08:41:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could it be the one time starting third baseman for the Huntington St. Joe Irish?

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well CTmountaineer is in fact a Marshall Graduate.

Hard to confirm that, b/c he's the biggest liar I've ever seen on either the WVU or Marshall message boards.
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »