Author Topic: I just don't get woody woodrum sometimes.  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Huffnagel

I just don't get woody woodrum sometimes.
« on: October 29, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why is he defending Rippon and critiquing the players? His excuse was that the WVU game as the reason Marshall's defense is ranked so poorly. Swan actually attempted to throw some logic into the conversation and woody just kept interrupting him!
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:32:20 PM by Huffnagel »
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

HerdFans.com

I just don't get woody woodrum sometimes.
    « on: October 29, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »

Offline herd2win

Re: I just don't get woody woodrum sometimes.
    « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Woody just is not capable of seeing the truth.  The truth is we have beaten 3 poor teams and just got killed by a conference rival at home for 3 strait losses at the Joan.  Neither Doc or Rippon are the right people to be leading our team.

Offline THUNDER0645

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:02:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree! Man I'm honestly getting tired of them defending the obvious. I wish someone would man up and just say it!!

Offline mxman870

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 07:06:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He has OD`d on the koolaid.

Offline Collis P

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 07:18:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Same as always - Apologist - do not listen as I turned them off several months back.  If he was true to form he gets really excited and cuts everyone short and everyone is wrong...........................................................................Bottom line - DON'T TUNE IN
    S M I L E -

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 09:03:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • fact is that the defense caved mentally because they realized they couldnt stop them.  Pulus, they beat us to a pulp until we were exhausted and then they poored gasoline on the fire after we got gassed/fatigued from their physical play...

also the defense got discouraged because they watched our offense evaporate into thin air and it scared the %^&* out of them bc it was all on the defense...they lost their belief and for good reason..

reason is that ucf has better stronger more talented players across the board....thats a fact....

so no...its not rippons fault ...we got our (@/:; kicked because personnel wise ucf was straight up better...its a personnel driven sport boys....the offense played much worse than the defense to start...until the defense got gassed and discouraged by cato and company...

we have a few shining stars but so what?  we never even could win a bowl game with randy moss...even though pennington was throwing to him...so who cares...if we have a few speedsters....

fact is that ucf is straight up better than us....but you cant expect the players to straight ups say "they just have better talent than us"

wvu fans are doing the same thing now...trying to figure our whats wrong or what the problem is that needs fixing...when the truth is...they got an undeserved preseason ranking...and they simply arent a upper tier big 12 calibed team....many big 12 teams are simply straight up more talented personnel wise than wvu  regardless of a few future draft picks that wvu has....so lets stop sitting around pretending there is a problem that can be fixed by better preparation, better coacbing or game planning....

they kicked our ass becuse although our talent is improving....we stlll arent better than ucf....period.
    « Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:06:42 PM by field pass »

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 09:09:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • .and they simply arent a hpper tier big 12 calibed team....many biv 12 teMs ade zimy straight up more talented personnel wise....so lets stkp sitting around pretending there is a problem

Ill have what your having there FP....

Offline tomv

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 09:22:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Saturday was a perfect storm of suckiness. Let's be honest, for the Herd to beat a good team we need to ask the defense to make 2, maybe 3 stops in the game. Then depend on the offense to outscore them.  The defense made the 2-3 stops we needed on Saturday, but the offense never showed up.  That's the hand we've been dealt this year.  Score a bunch of points and hope the D can make a stop.  If the offense takes a week off, we have a game like we had Saturday.  That's the formula to win this year.

Offline Greg H

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 09:29:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FP...we're you driving during "that part" of the post?  What a mess.

Offline luvherd

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Woody lost me during Snyder years. Bleeds Green but not willing to face the facts.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 08:12:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • on my phone...on the couch...but wife was getting pissed at my long post...she wanted some attention... :)   so ...i was in a big hurry to get my thoughts out....lol

Offline mxman870

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 08:21:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • on my phone...on the couch...but wife was getting pissed at my long post...she wanted some attention... :)   so ...i was in a big hurry to get my thoughts out....lol
    +1 cant blame a man for that  ;D

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 08:21:51 AM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 08:47:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • fact is that the defense caved because they realized they couldnt stop them and because they beat us to a pulp until we were exhausted and then they poored gasoline on the fire.after we got gasses...

also the defense got discouraged because.they watched our offenseevaporate into thin air and it scared the.sbit out of them...they lost their belief and for good reason..
    reason is that ucf has better stronger more talented players across the board....thats a fact....

so no...it not rippons fault ...we got our (@/:; kicked because personnel wise ucf was straight up better...its personnel driven sport boys....the offense played much worse than the defense until the defense got gassed and discouraged by cato and company...

we have a few shining stars but so what?  we never even could win a bowl game with randy moss...even though pennington was throwing to him...so who cares...if we have a few speedsters....

fact is that ucf is straight up better than us....but you cant expect the players to straight ups say "they just have better talent than us"

wvu fans afe.doing the.same thing now...trying to find out whats wrkng...wht the problem is that needs fixing...when the truth is...they got an undeserved preseason ranking...and they simply arent a hpper tier big 12 calibed team....many biv 12 teMs ade zimy straight up more talented personnel wise....so lets stkp sitting around pretending there is a problem that can be fixed by better preparation, better coacbing or game planning....

they kicked our ass becuse althougb our talent is improving....we stjll arent better than ucf....period.

So its the offenses fault? WOW! Last year the defense won games for us but they can't  this year? The O had no turnovers, had almost 300 yards passing. The D gave up 5 TD's and got manhandled. They couldnt' stop Wayne HS's run game. I am getting sick of excuses for the D. Rippon needs to go, we need to amp up the LB size and get more depth on the DT position. UCF was better than we were, no doubt; but I find it hard to believe that with good coaching, we couldn't overcome some of that talent difference.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline djszincgt

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 08:55:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FP...that...period...button...you...are...using...will...be...worn...out...by...your...next...post...

Offline TexasHerdFan

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 10:08:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Woody lost me during Snyder years. Bleeds Green but not willing to face the facts.

^^ This

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 02:15:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So its the offenses fault? WOW! Last year the defense won games for us but they can't  this year? The O had no turnovers, had almost 300 yards passing. The D gave up 5 TD's and got manhandled. They couldnt' stop Wayne HS's run game. I am getting sick of excuses for the D. Rippon needs to go, we need to amp up the LB size and get more depth on the DT position. UCF was better than we were, no doubt; but I find it hard to believe that with good coaching, we couldn't overcome some of that talent difference.

No its not the offenses fault...other than the fact that they dropped too many balls and Catos completeion rate was half of what its been in previous games this season.

Its not the defenses fault or the offenses fault that UCF is simply more talented.  I cant blame our players for that...

I agree we do need more size and strength to go with our athleticism....one of the commentators said that the reason we too the two BC transfers was because we needed defensive guys so bad and that no one else would take them because its too difficult to integrate senior transfers....which means we were not solid on defensive talent to start with this year...

They were even willing to shift everyone around and change many of the guys positions this year ...it just shows you that we simply arent where we need to be yet as far as defensive personell goes...

If our offense had started scoring I honestly dont think UCF would have scored so many points....the defense was on the field too much and got too beat up and were deflated by our offense production and just exhausted as time went on...UCF really got physicall on our defensive....

If we had caught the ball it would have opened up our running game and then the ucf defense wouldnt have been allowed to tee off on Cato...he would have then had more time to play pitch and catch even more...

If we had scored 3-4 TDs...ucf would have scored a lot less....so yes I think our offense hurt our defense in this game....

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 02:26:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FP...that...period...button...you...are...using...will...be...worn...out...by...your...next...post...

That's how he passes high school typing.  He convinced the teacher it was a word and that he could type 200 words a minute.  LOL

Here is a trivia question..some might know it others might google it, but see if you can figure it out on your own...Here it is.  

Whats the longest word you can type out using just the top row of letters on a typewriter?  You can use the letters more than once.
    « Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:43:55 PM by HerdBlizz »

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 05:11:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who cares if he separates his thoughts with .....
    Lots of people do that on message boards nowadays, and as I just said, message board not research paper or resume or typing class for that matter, nor are you in any position to be critiquing him.  The only thing correcting someone's spelling or grammar says about you is that you don't have enough knowledge of the message boards subject matter to bring new and correct useful information on the subject to the conversation.   

Offline djszincgt

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 09:08:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who cares if he separates his thoughts with .....
    Lots of people do that on message boards nowadays, and as I just said, message board not research paper or resume or typing class for that matter, nor are you in any position to be critiquing him.  The only thing correcting someone's spelling or grammar says about you is that you don't have enough knowledge of the message boards subject matter to bring new and correct useful information on the subject to the conversation.   

Ok, my previous post was a little rough and got deleted (and it probably should have been); I'm big enough to admit it.  However, I will post something a little less aggressive. 

I was simply poking a little fun, and not trying to critique anyone.  Some people need to be a little less sensitive.  If used correctly I have no problem with anyone using ....  I use it myself.  It was hard to read what he posted because of all the dots, misspelled words, dots in the middle of words, etc.  Lighten up dude; it was all in fun.

Offline GK4Herd

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just don't think it is necessary to trash Woody every time our team performs poorly. Every year after a bad loss i come to the message boards to find an anti Woody post. That seems like misplaced anger to me. I'm under no illusions that Woody's defense of the team and coaches needs to be challenged, especially considering that challenging him will do nothing to improve our football situation. I enjoy Woody for who he is and will continue to listen to him. For the same reason a person kicks their dog when they're unhappy about other things in their life seems to be the reason we kick Woody. He's just too convenient of an outlet.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 12:46:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just don't think it is necessary to trash Woody every time our team performs poorly. Every year after a bad loss i come to the message boards to find an anti Woody post. That seems like misplaced anger to me. I'm under no illusions that Woody's defense of the team and coaches needs to be challenged, especially considering that challenging him will do nothing to improve our football situation. I enjoy Woody for who he is and will continue to listen to him. For the same reason a person kicks their dog when they're unhappy about other things in their life seems to be the reason we kick Woody. He's just too convenient of an outlet.

What GK said...  ^^^^^^
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 01:11:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

This^

Many of you on here know, Woodroow and I are very good friends. Woodrow is a true-die-hard green blooded Herd fan. A lot of callers including me, can't wait to let their frustrations out  on the call in show especially after a loss like last Saturday. I can say this in all honesty, if we keep losing and not winning there's no defending Doc, period!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 01:11:19 PM »

Offline herdman

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 08:57:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The blame belongs in the chain of command and all the way to the top of that chain of command. Woody is just a spokes person. The blame belongs should be directed at Old Main. Winning attitudes start at the top of the chain of command and that is where it starts.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 09:37:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    did you hear the broadcast I was referring too? I'm not bashing, I'm asking a legitimate question. It's not about finding a convenient outlet, I simple ask why he would defend a coach and place IMO the blame on the players. On several occasions the caller and Swann attempted to say something only to be interrupted by Woody.
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

HerdFans.com

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 09:37:43 PM »