Author Topic: Stickin' with the Herd  (Read 1154 times)

Offline pdunn

Stickin' with the Herd
« on: October 29, 2012, 06:07:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As high as we were after USM, we forgot that if you come out flat and do not execute against a good team you'll get beaten, probably pretty badly.  And UCF is a pretty good team.

While they are not likely to win CUSA this season I still want this team to win seven games and yes, go to a bowl game.  I will NEVER root against the Herd nor will I ever take anything for granted with this team.  Those hoping for a disasterous ending in hopes that some messiah is going to come along and save this program need to have their heads examined (and maybe their hearts, too).  When have you ever achieved anything in your life by hoping for an inadequate performance?
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

HerdFans.com

Stickin' with the Herd
    « on: October 29, 2012, 06:07:29 PM »

Offline Thundermonkey

• All American
    Re: Stickin' with the Herd
    « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 09:10:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My school, my only college team, I dont really have a choice, GO HERD!!!!
    "Straight cash, homey."

RANDY MOSS

Offline Greg H

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:31:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My school, my only college team, I dont really have a choice, GO HERD!!!!

I know.  When I go to any other game...I just don't get excited.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 09:33:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 7-5 may be too much to ask. That requires 4 wins in a row. That feat has not been accomplished since BP was coach.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline Herdthedrums1

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 09:37:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sat out with the band for the entire debacle on the field, couldn't go anywhere, cold wet, metal plates strapped to my hands and a poncho that doesn't turn water anymore. Still all ive got to say is GO HERD! 

Online MUonium

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 10:09:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i grew up in Barboursville and played midget league FB (too small, no vision to go any higher, just a happy go lucky kid). i got Ted Shoebridge's autograph at one of the MLFB banquets before the crash. thats when i became a true Herd fan, and its for life, no matter what. i lost that autograph but hold out hope i'll find it someday, stuffed in a book or something.

i've lived in TN for 20 yrs and for most of those yrs I hated orange and white like a creamsicle nightmare where i get killed everytime. my daughter graduated from TN and my son is a sophomore there now. it took me a long time, but i went to my first game last year, against LSU. the atmosphere was nothing i had every experienced and i had a big time. i'm ok with tennesse now, and they're probably my only true back up.

I like to be on the winning side as much as anybody, i'm an extremely competitive person in sports only.

There is only one place, one school, one people that i truly become emotional about, that gets me worked up. thanks for reminding me why today. it is my Thundering Herd, win or lose.

Offline Thundermonkey

• All American
    « Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 10:26:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i grew up in Barboursville and played midget league FB (too small, no vision to go any higher, just a happy go lucky kid). i got Ted Shoebridge's autograph at one of the MLFB banquets before the crash. thats when i became a true Herd fan, and its for life, no matter what. i lost that autograph but hold out hope i'll find it someday, stuffed in a book or something.

i've lived in TN for 20 yrs and for most of those yrs I hated orange and white like a creamsicle nightmare where i get killed everytime. my daughter graduated from TN and my son is a sophomore there now. it took me a long time, but i went to my first game last year, against LSU. the atmosphere was nothing i had every experienced and i had a big time. i'm ok with tennesse now, and they're probably my only true back up.

I like to be on the winning side as much as anybody, i'm an extremely competitive person in sports only.

There is only one place, one school, one people that i truly become emotional about, that gets me worked up. thanks for reminding me why today. it is my Thundering Herd, win or lose.

Great post.....I need a backup team, can never really be happy with one. Marshall is that hot yet awful girlfriend that I cant keep away from  8)
    "Straight cash, homey."

RANDY MOSS

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 11:02:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I bought in over 50 yrs ago...........for life!

Offline IH8WVU

• All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 09:41:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I only root for two teams.  Marshall and anyone who plays WPU

Offline mxman870

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 11:12:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    ^^^^ Yeah man^^^^

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When you are Herd fan you are a member of special brotherhood whose bonds cannot be broken by earthly means.  Yes I get pissed but that is because I care in my own way.  I will be there as long as this body can withstand the elements.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline herdnorthpan

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm in and always will be--Love the HERD.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 11:27:38 AM »

Online herd2win

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think there is another option....

Offline MarcosGirl

• Rookie
    « Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 06:33:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I only root for two teams.  Marshall and anyone who plays WPU

AMEN!! and GOOOO HERD!! I'm in it for life.

Offline FlyHawk98

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 12:07:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WOW.... we very well could win our next 4 and finish the season 7-5. That would be awesome if you ask me. Especially if we were to win our bowl game and finish 8-5. I honestly didn't realize that was still possible.

I haven't been on the boards lately as I haven't had much of anything nice to say. No sense in bringing others down with me, especially when I am over it in a few days anyways lol.

Either way, we should finish 6-6 at the very least. Anything less than that and I am going to start seriously worrying.
    Memphis & UAB are MUST wins. Then we have to win one of last two Houston or @ECU. If we can do this we at the very least secure back to back bowls for the first time in I don't know how long (02-03?)

The worst case scenario, and sad to even say this.... we could seriously lose the rest of our games. Memphis played UCF much closer than we did. We were so anxious to compare scores last week going into UCF so might as well continue with that lol. UAB is no slouch this year but at least its on the road where we somehow know how to win. The last two games are toss ups at best if ya ask me.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 01:25:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We were so anxious to compare scores last week going into UCF so might as well continue with that lol. UAB is no slouch this year but at least its on the road where we somehow know how to win. The last two games are toss ups at best if ya ask me.

You can't compare scores like that.  There are too many intangibles so it becomes unreliable.

You pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and put it behind you, wiser for the painful lesson.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline cincymike

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 09:59:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It must be Wednesday!  Good to see that, at least some of us, are putting the bad taste of the past week behind us and starting to get emotionally ready for the rest of the season.  For my own mental health, I try to avoid taking any of the comments on here seriously for the first few days after a humiliating defeat, even though I am experiencing the same feelings.  I guess being a Bengals fan for 44 years has prepared me to handle all types of adversity.  As Sam Wyche reminded us many years ago, life goes on..."there's tennis to be served and golf to be played".

FWIW, it's much harder being a Bengals fan!  The way they layed down for the Steelers two weeks ago was eerily similar to our game with UCF, and I sat in nasty weather through both of them.  Still pissed, I am boycotting the Bengals/Denver game Sunday (ever try to get rid of $80 Bengal tickets???), but I will be in Huntington for Memphis, not that there was ever any doubt...count me among those stickin with the Herd!

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 10:51:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Regardless of the outcomes, I'll be at all of the remaining regular season games...I can't find too many excited to go with me to UAB, but I'm going! 

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline pdunn

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll be at UAB--it's the shortest trip of the year for me.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 12:48:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

It was 1956 for me....
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline MU Mike

• All American
    • Member Since 07/2010
    « Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 02:47:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When you are Herd fan you are a member of special brotherhood whose bonds cannot be broken by earthly means.  Yes I get pissed but that is because I care in my own way.  I will be there as long as this body can withstand the elements.

TRS
    MU 71

Amen.

Offline mxman870

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Regardless of the outcomes, I'll be at all of the remaining regular season games...I can't find too many excited to go with me to UAB, but I'm going!  
    I`ll get with you when I get home Brian.
    Forget that ,,,, I just checked I`ll still be in Chile but I will be ready for Houston. Ribs?
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:57:24 PM by mxman870 »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 03:45:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

see you in Birmingham. Ribs either Fri or Sat night at Dreamland Bar BQ
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Online 2xBison

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 04:35:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • meister

I figured you would choose the villanova game over the FB game
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com