Author Topic: is it me or do we seem to have a lot of guys miss spring practice with  (Read 710 times)

Offline s1uggo

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • injury?  Not only talking about this year, but other years as well. Any other thoughts?

HerdFans.com

Offline marshallz13

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • injury?  Not only talking about this year, but other years as well. Any other thoughts?

Now that you mention it that is what I have though before also.

I just always thought it was normal but I see what you mean.

Offline Greg H

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Football leads to a lot of injuries.  It's kinda how things work.

Offline s1uggo

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Football leads to a lot of injuries.  It's kinda how things work.

while true, we seem to have more than our share sitting out each spring.   I wonder how many are sitting out at ECU or UCF??

Offline MUther

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • while true, we seem to have more than our share sitting out each spring.   I wonder how many are sitting out at ECU or UCF??

The same.  Lots of minor surgeries and over-time heals in the offseason.  Absolutely no reason to make a guy with a high ankle sprain or ACL surgery start in on spring practice when he can do the book work and film work, physical therapy, and get back to 100% by summer ball.  Spring practice is valuable but not at the risk of re-injury and maybe permanent injury.

Offline luvherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am glad Cato is ok. If you remember he could not finish at ECU.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline WoodyWoodrum

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How would you know about most schools?

Marshall one of few programs open to media and fans.

Most just don't talk about anyone who is out and no one sees whole practice anyway.
    Woody Woodrum

Offline MUther

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You can find information about most any of the CUSA teams from their boards same as here.  Open practice or not, information isn't contained.  There have been in the past and will be in the future threads mentioning spring practices, who played, who didn't, and various other tidbits.  From having read that information over the years, including the MAC, I was able to comfortably state that our situation did not seem out of the norm.

We, the fans, aren't constrained by the same rules as the media and the media doesn't have a monopoly on sports information.  Sorry you're just now finding this out.

HerdFans.com