Author Topic: NC St and ODU have signed a home-and-home football agreement  (Read 563 times)

Offline Buffalo Bop

NC St and ODU have signed a home-and-home football agreement
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:42:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    North Carolina State and Old Dominion have signed a home-and-home football agreement that will bring the ACC school to Foreman Field in 2015, ODU officials said Wednesday.

Senior associate athletic director Bruce Stewart said the schools agreed to play in Raleigh in 2014 and Norfolk in 2015. The dates have yet to be set.

Pretty good for a school that has played just four seasons.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/03/odu-schedules-football-series-nc-state

HerdFans.com

NC St and ODU have signed a home-and-home football agreement
    « on: March 28, 2013, 08:42:24 AM »

Offline The Right Stuff

Re: NC St and ODU have signed a home-and-home football agreement
    « Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:10:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It seems like Mu's are always 2 for one's or 3 for one's.  Is our Purdue a one for one?

TRS
    MU 71

Offline luvherd

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 09:49:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry to insult Sturt but ODU will be a force soon. Go to Norfolk and look and listening. Keep in mind they were the runner up for the Nats team. 
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline herdman22

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:46:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Plus, Norfolk is a great recruiting area. They are going to be good pretty quickly.  And, should be able to sign for 1 and 1 due to location.  They are going to be good for our conference as long as we can keep them around. 

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It seems like Mu's are always 2 for one's or 3 for one's.  Is our Purdue a one for one?

TRS
    MU 71

Purdue, Louisville and Navy are all 1-1

ODU is located in a football hotbed. No at all surpirsed that teams want to play there. They can get exposure with kids in the the Tidewater area.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 12:53:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • and we haven't announced another good 1-1 series in over a year.  i don't count mac series.  also, with push back on navy date, have some doubt as to it happening.

now that we are in the an even lighter non BCS conference, i'm thinking 1-1s maybe more difficult.  also thinking, with wvu's problems, we blew it by not taking the 2-1 when it was on the table.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline jstherd

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 01:25:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like our "new" conference. La Tech is already good enough to win it. ODU will come on strong. FIY and FAU are sleepets because of the surrounding talent. In 3-4 years, IMO, we'll be happy with our league that will even surpass  the American 12. I truly believe that and hate to read all the doom and gloom on the message boards  about our situation.

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 06:47:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Plus, Norfolk is a great recruiting area. They are going to be good pretty quickly.  And, should be able to sign for 1 and 1 due to location.  They are going to be good for our conference as long as we can keep them around. 

Correct about Tidewater being a great recruiting area. Even VA Tech is doing a 2 for 1 with ODU. Tech recruits the area and Hampton really hard.

Offline mxman870

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 10:46:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good for ODU. I am happy for them. But you have to take into account we were hamstrung with ole high pockets marcum for far too long. Let ODU go to NC State and play them with their crooked ACC officials. Good luck to them.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 10:46:53 PM »