Author Topic: Gazette: Is MAC a better fit for MU?  (Read 794 times)

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
  • Member Since 02/2009
Gazette: Is MAC a better fit for MU?
« on: March 29, 2013, 05:11:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    By Mitch Vingle

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Fans. What are you going to do with 'em, right?

They're never satisfied, unless a national title is delivered. They're always grumbling about something, and they're forever looking in hindsight.

Some WVU fans actually believe their program should have stayed in the Big East until a conference more geographically suited than the Big 12 made an offer. Inane though that thinking might be.

Marshall fans, meanwhile, have wondered aloud and in emails here whether their program should have stayed in the Mid-American Conference, where it had so much success.

Link: http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/Marshall/201303280230
    GO HERD!!!

HerdFans.com

Gazette: Is MAC a better fit for MU?
    « on: March 29, 2013, 05:11:51 AM »

Offline HERDFAN1999

Re: Gazette: Is MAC a better fit for MU?
    « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 06:57:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wonder if Vingleberry has it in him to write an article about MU without mentioning the school up north?  Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to read his stuff.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline svherd

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 08:08:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont see whats wrong with what he wrote. I think we are in a better position all the way around. Yeah, it will be weaker but again, I didnt hear anyone whining when we were dominating the MAC.

I still contend that if we win 9-10 games a year, win the league every year or so, win our bowl games - we'll get the recognition we desire and some top 25 votes to boot. Thats all we can ask for. Just win baby!

This new CUSA will be quite better than the MAC and old CUSA in b'ball in a few years. It can be a top flight league.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 08:11:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Hell no to the Mac. We would be complete idiots to go back to the Mac considering we have regional schools in Charlotte, ODU, MTSU, WKU coming in. Those group of schools will grow faster than any school in the Mac can/will grow. Not only that, we have two schools in our division from Florida where we recruit the hardest. We are in a good situation. Might take a few years for everyone to see the value of being in this new CUSA but we will most certainly be in a better position in the long run. Its a no brainer.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 08:12:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • vingle is a d-bag but I generally agree with what he's saying.

let's just win and quit worrying about it.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline catfanatic1979

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 08:20:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with Vingle.

Some West Virginians like to think that being a pessimist about everything in the world makes them wise which is a not so wise game. Some just like to say "Back to the MAC" becuase it rhymes. Both groups are a cancer amongst the fanbase. We need intelligent criticisms of MU and CUSA, not inane, attention whoring rants.

These incoming schools also have larger athletic budgets than most of the MAC schools and overall quite comparable to the departing CUSA schools. They exist in larger media markets than the MAC schools and once again, compare favorably to the departing CUSA schools. But, more importantly, they still have room to GROW.
    « Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:36:13 AM by catfanatic1979 »

Online herd2win

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 08:29:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Vingle hates MU...he should write an article is WVU better in the MAC since they will never be ranked in the Big12.....also, WVU's out of conference schedule is not much more difficult than playing in the WVIAC.

Offline svherd

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 08:44:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe Vingleberry should write about WVU staying in the BE where they dominated. They'll never do that in the B12.

All we need to do is WIN!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 08:50:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe Vingleberry should write about WVU staying in the BE where they dominated. They'll never do that in the B12.

All we need to do is WIN!

I agree. From Vingle's perspective, it makes more sense to say "is the current BE a better fit for wvu?"

Offline Greg H

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 08:57:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Idiotic.  The new CUSA is a not that different than the MAC, really, except that they play good basketball and we get to go to Nashville, Miami, Charlotte, Coastal Virginia, etc., etc., etc.,.... instead of Kalamazoo, or God forbid, Akron.  yeah, the MAC is awesome!!!  %^&* for brains.

Offline kjh

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 09:22:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Zack - Don't post any more Vingle articles on this board please. He is a dirt bag eer fan and is viewing Sodom & Gomorrah ahead and in his rear view is going to be hard for old Mitch to cope with.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 09:28:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • why doesn't vingle write about how far the B12 is out of wvu's league?  what a tool.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 09:28:08 AM »

Offline luvherd

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 09:35:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • why doesn't vingle write about how far the B12 is out of wvu's league?  what a tool.

Their fans that I work with know it. They think due to the exit of all the others from BE it was needed financially but they deep down believe glory days are gone.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline Marshall Matters

• All American
    • Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 09:52:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Based on the title, I thought Virgil was going to write a trash piece against MU, but I actually agree with his ultimate conclusions.  I don't agree that Marshall couldn't compete against CUSA because of facilities - I think it was coaching - and I don't know where he is getting his info that many Marshall fans are questioning whether we should have stayed in the MAC.  Most likely that is his wvu friends questioning whether we should have stayed in the MAC.

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Get f*cked Vingle

Offline The Greenhouse Effect

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 01:32:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have to comment on this article, too funny.

We shut out WVU in baseball and the gazette headline is MU throws blanks...

We break ground on a new state of the art IPF and open a soccer field that can compete at any level and Vingle throws out back to the Mac, and that the new CUSA isn't even a Mac. However the converse that his school is in meltdown fiscally legally and competitively never makes the gazette.

Honestly he is truly a WV EER through and through.

Next season is going to be a rough one on all the EER s their illiterate bandwagon fans and all those who drank the B12 koolaide.

Chucky please amuse us, slam heir Vingle , expose the debt, the travel and the coming losses in B12 land so we can have a good laugh too.

Sorry Mitch, get a life please.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 01:32:14 PM »