Author Topic: Greg Marshall, take a bow, sir. Congrats Shockers Final Four!!  (Read 430 times)

Offline DJdaHERDfan

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Greg Marshall was worth the money.

Just ask the Shockers
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

HerdFans.com

Offline HerdnClt

Re: Greg Marshall, take a bow, sir. Congrats Shockers Final Four!!
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 09:48:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congrats. Wish that team had on green Marshall uniforms.
    "The Herd #1"

Offline Herdrulz29

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:55:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You fans, Boosters that is gave up on guys like Marshall, Greg White did nothing but win for us and you all sent him on his way and screwed our chances of ever getting one of his great assistants part of why we won like Mr. Marshall, So hope you all who ran him out of town are loving this because the final four is loving him, Just makes me sick of how stupid and idiotic people we have had in our boosters for years, that is why our programs are where they are!

Offline backontrack

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 10:01:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All I know is that I won't have to listen to the Buckeye morons about their Final Four trip here in Columbus...

Offline goherd24

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 10:23:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You fans, Boosters that is gave up on guys like Marshall, Greg White did nothing but win for us and you all sent him on his way and screwed our chances of ever getting one of his great assistants part of why we won like Mr. Marshall, So hope you all who ran him out of town are loving this because the final four is loving him, Just makes me sick of how stupid and idiotic people we have had in our boosters for years, that is why our programs are where they are!

You are totally right.  Us fans should have paid him more money and told him what a good job he is doing more often. Would have kept em around.maybe if my customers would do that for my employees more often,  I would have lower turnover too....

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 10:30:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

So was MU supposed to pay Greg more as an asst coach than Winthrop did as a head coach? He left because he got a head job in Rock Hill. After he was there and successful, he turned down many schools to stay in Rock Hill until he finally chose to take tjhe Wichita State job
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline rvntx

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 10:28:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dana Altman got Oregon into the sweet 16.

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Greg Marshall was only here 1 year, maybe 2, i can't remember now. But i talked to him many times and he was a very bright young coach. Actually he was much more the coach than Greg White was IMO, even at that time. But there are many Greg Marshall's out there waiting their chance. We just have to find them. That is the one thing that Marshall hasn't done well for many years. We pick about 0ne out of every 5 we pick that are good. The rest are horrible IMO. When you don't have a search committee and the Athletic director is 100% in charge, you have a problem most of the time. Bring in 10-15 applicants before a search committee and let them screen them. Then let the pick their top3-4. Then let the Athletic Director go from there....JMO!!!!

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 01:32:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was the coach on the 96-97 team. He should have been the head coach.

Offline wferg

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2014
    « Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 07:51:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Greg Marshall was only here 1 year, maybe 2, i can't remember now. But i talked to him many times and he was a very bright young coach. Actually he was much more the coach than Greg White was IMO, even at that time. But there are many Greg Marshall's out there waiting their chance. We just have to find them. That is the one thing that Marshall hasn't done well for many years. We pick about 0ne out of every 5 we pick that are good. The rest are horrible IMO. When you don't have a search committee and the Athletic director is 100% in charge, you have a problem most of the time. Bring in 10-15 applicants before a search committee and let them screen them. Then let the pick their top3-4. Then let the Athletic Director go from there....JMO!!!!

What a novel approach.  I'm on board.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 07:51:44 PM »