Author Topic: USA Today college football countdown  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Buffalo Bop

USA Today college football countdown
« on: May 24, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Starting from #125 and going to #1, the count is currently at #110:Illinois. So far, there are some familiar teams to Herd fans listed, including #111:FAU, #112:UTEP, #113: North Texas, #116: Memphis, #118: FIU. . .#125: Georgia State.

This list will be updated periodically.

http://www.usatoday.com/topic/980e11db-b6b3-49f3-9ccf-ed0fe5ea7193/college-football-countdown/

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:14:30 PM by Buffalo Bop »

HerdFans.com

USA Today college football countdown
    « on: May 24, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »

Offline goherdies

• Varsity
    Re: USA Today college football countdown
    « Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 11:28:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How can FAU and FIU be located in the state of Florida and be two of the worst teams in all of college football?

Shouldn't happen....

Offline marcbuff

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 01:43:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Because all the great talent that didnt go to UF, FSU or USF are in Huntington with Doc. ;D

Offline MUther

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 07:22:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How can FAU and FIU be located in the state of Florida and be two of the worst teams in all of college football?

Shouldn't happen....
    FIU lost a pretty innovative coach.  We beat him in the BoB Bowl, but he was getting them into shape.  FAU, I don't know.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 07:57:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good one marcbuff!

Offline Buffalo Bop

Offline goherd24

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 11:24:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FIU lost a pretty innovative coach.  We beat him in the BoB Bowl, but he was getting them into shape.  FAU, I don't know.

They fired that innovative coach. Tell me again how this new cusa is such an amazing and strong conference and it will not get us about as much tv revenue as the MAC when we renew.

Offline jstherd

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 12:02:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The new members will need some time, but eventually they'll get there. Geeez, why so negative? Do you, Bison 60, Extra Green and others EVER have anything positive to say about Marshall? When The Herd gets on a roll - and that will begin this season - you naysayers will jump on the bandwagon, but there will be some of us that will remind you of your negative attitude months earlier. Some people are unhappy in life and expect others to be the same. Not me.

GO HERD!

Offline goherd24

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 02:56:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You need help. Recognizing that we are in a ridiculously weak conference, 9th of 10 to be exact, doesnt mean that you wont be happy to win games and cheer for your team. It actually means YOU EXPECT WINS because of the weak svhedule and conference. Anything less than 9-3 is a grossly underachieving season.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 03:44:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah we'll miss those powerhouse Tulane, Houston, SMU, and Memphis FB programs.

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 03:50:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • jstherd why are you calling me out? I am positive about Marshall basketball since Kane left. It's the majority that is bashing and trashing the basketball program now. And you are calling me negative?

Offline MUther

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 01:58:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They fired that innovative coach. Tell me again how this new cusa is such an amazing and strong conference and it will not get us about as much tv revenue as the MAC when we renew.

I've never said that CUSA was going to be great.  I've never said we would have the same revenue.  I have said we don't know what we have till we play as the new CUSA to Sturt and it could go up or down and nothing he can point to factually can change that. 

I was answering the guy who said how can the Florida guys be so bad.  Yes FIU's coach got fired but he was going the right direction and I think they pulled the trigger too early after a bad season.  He had a ton of offers the previous year from big schools and turned them down.  Anyways, they still lost a coach and getting a new one will not help them get a higher ranking in USA Today.  And I don't know anything about FAU.

Perhaps you should learn to read, then comprehend before you go blast someone from left field. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 01:58:08 AM »

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 06:45:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was answering the guy who said how can the Florida guys be so bad.  Yes FIU's coach got fired but he was going the right direction and I think they pulled the trigger too early after a bad season. 

In five years he was 27-46 overall and 20-27 in Sun Belt. In those five years, he had two winning seasons. His final year was worse than his first, second, and third year. I think the university decided that going from 1st to 4th to 8th in his last three years in conference did not look like he was heading in the right direction. It is interesting the number of fans that translate such lack of consistent progress as heading in the right direction. This is our year to show where we are headed.

You called him innovative. What did he do that was innovative?

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 07:31:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They fired that innovative coach. Tell me again how this new cusa is such an amazing and strong conference and it will not get us about as much tv revenue as the MAC when we renew.

The new tv contract will be the same or more...not less...

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 24. You have zero information about TV contracts. Our revenue will be roughly the same in the new conference as now. The MAC gets pretty much zero for a bunch of week night games. lil' miami plays four week night games in Nov this year. We know you are fond of espn, however, you have no understanding of what Fox is about to launch, and CUSA is in on the ground floor.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 09:21:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The new members will need some time, but eventually they'll get there. Geeez, why so negative? Do you, Bison 60, Extra Green and others EVER have anything positive to say about Marshall? When The Herd gets on a roll - and that will begin this season - you naysayers will jump on the bandwagon, but there will be some of us that will remind you of your negative attitude months earlier. Some people are unhappy in life and expect others to be the same. Not me.

GO HERD!

I've been told for the last EIGHT YEARS how someone is going to hold me accountable after "this season." I hope you get to do it during 2013. I really do.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 09:26:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • but nobody would know that from your posts now would they?

Offline goherd24

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 09:39:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 24. You have zero information about TV contracts. Our revenue will be roughly the same in the new conference as now. The MAC gets pretty much zero for a bunch of week night games. lil' miami plays four week night games in Nov this year. We know you are fond of espn, however, you have no understanding of what Fox is about to launch, and CUSA is in on the ground floor.

I have a pretty good understanding of business in general. Primarily sales management. I will guarantee you that we decrease in our revenue in the next contract based on current member schools in cusa. The big east BARELY did better than us, with our best schools being taken along with some other solid schools. We replaced them with bottom rung schools in alleged great tv markets (keep in mind that most big east replacements were taken with that samr strategy and they LOST BIG). We as a conference, are no where NEAR as attractive as we once were and the money we will be offered will reflect that. Please i beg you to save this post and i will pay you $100 when we renew our tv deal if it is more money. My 100 vs your 25.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 09:42:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • but nobody would know that from your posts now would they?

They would know if they read them.

Amazing how the guys that have been wrong for 8 consecutive years are going to call out the guys that have been right for 8 years.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To further illustrate my point, on what planet does it make sense that you take the upper half of a league being paid less than 30,000 a team, combine them with the lower half of a league that pulled 1 million per team with the most attractive teams defecting, and that averages out to more money? Lol. It astounds me.

And one last thing, fox also has contracts with the big 12 and pac 12. If you really think we are the flagship conference for fox sports, you really know nothing. We are third tier and will mop up a few spots for the big boys at times, not the ground floor vips you think.
    « Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:00:36 PM by goherd24 »

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 07:49:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They would know if they read them.

Amazing how the guys that have been wrong for 8 consecutive years are going to call out the guys that have been right for 8 years.

Whine, whine.....pout pout..I'm not gonna support em til they win ten games

Extragreen

Offline Big Ol' Hillbilly

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 08:29:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Amazing how the guys that have been wrong for 8 consecutive years are going to call out the guys that have been right for 8 years.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:32:49 AM by Big Ol' Hillbilly »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 08:29:51 AM »

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 08:56:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They would know if they read them.

Whine, whine.....pout pout..I'm not gonna support em til they win ten games

Extragreen

Your kool-aid has been ineffective for 8 years. But hey, I understand. Gotta give a coach 5 years when you have to tear it down and build from scratch.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 08:58:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• How did you and BF get your picture taken with doc?

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah we'll miss those powerhouse Tulane, Houston, SMU, and Memphis FB programs.

LOL they will make the AAC the all seeing all powerful that much better.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 09:03:09 AM »