Author Topic: TOP QB's of 2013 (just sharing)  (Read 2778 times)

HerdFans.com

TOP QB's of 2013 (just sharing)
« on: June 10, 2013, 06:12:36 PM »

Offline BHFIOHIO

Re: TOP QB's of 2013 (just sharing)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 06:34:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Far out! Cato, Shuler and Hoskins in there with the big boys. But the smart alecks who crack on Doc.s recruits wont have anything to say.

Offline mckayt

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 06:40:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks for sharing.  Our opponents have some players on those lists as well.  Ohio, ECU, and FIU stuck out.  It's good to see our boys getting recognized.

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 06:51:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Far out! Cato, Shuler and Hoskins in there with the big boys. But the smart alecks who crack on Doc.s recruits wont have anything to say.

This smart aleck will say something. We have had many players on national short lists over the years. Many recruited by coaches never once intimated to be the even close to the "best ever". If those no name recruiters can get talent on national lists, it is a given the the king of recruiters would manage to do at least the same. The measure of a recruiter is the degree to which he wins championships with those recruits. In time, Doc may prove to be as good as some that came before him. I hope this year is the year he deserves to be mentioned with them. When his recruits win like the "best ever" should, then is when the smart alecs really will have nothing to say.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 07:09:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe you didnt read the article about Doc,s rep in south florida. It's not just what he has done here. He brought in big time guys every place he's been. Few except the die hard smart alecks doubt that he is top notch in this category. None of the other coaches you mention who brought in good players came in on a losing deal. How many times were their classes rated as high as last yr? Bobby(who I idolize) never had a #52 rated class . Look it up instead of just flapping your lips. You let your aggravation over recent lack of success get in the way of giving some credit where it is due. Cato, Hoskins and Shuler rated in these rankings are a case in point.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 07:57:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Until doc wins 9 regular season games, he's nothing but a recruiter. They can be hired for a lot less money.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 08:14:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No they cant. Lets have a link if you have proof or say jmo. Like I've said before the OC and DC get big money too. They should get some credit or blame. In baseball the head coach makes out the line up, changes pitchers etc. Its diff in FB. Doc recruits and gives these two helpers top rated players then it is up to them and the players to perform. Doc is ponly part of what you see on game day. If you dont realize this then you need to pick a diff pasttime. Getting the players is the big part of the puzzle and the rating guys say Doc is getting way more than his predecessor. Either we start winning more or start paying assistant coaches more money. I figure the recruiting will pay off. It already has on offense. D is about to make a statement also or I miss my guess.

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 08:22:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc needs to win big. Nobody got the talent out of recruits like Donnoan and Pruett. They didn't get the 3* 4* recruits and some of them didn't have any stars. But look at some of the best talent "that got it done" came from? Yes, that era of Marshall football. It's time to coach up all these 4* recruits and win at least 9-10 games. The schedule now is about the same as Pruett played ans we are supposed to have all this better talent now. Time to win big, not just 7-5.

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 08:33:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe you didnt read the article about Doc,s rep in south florida. It's not just what he has done here. He brought in big time guys every place he's been. Few except the die hard smart alecks doubt that he is top notch in this category. None of the other coaches you mention who brought in good players came in on a losing deal. How many times were their classes rated as high as last yr? Bobby(who I idolize) never had a #52 rated class . Look it up instead of just flapping your lips. You let your aggravation over recent lack of success get in the way of giving some credit where it is due. Cato, Hoskins and Shuler rated in these rankings are a case in point.

I fully acknowledge Doc's on paper superiority in recruiting. I give full credit to the recruits that have shown great things. But we have had many examples of recruits that have shown great things.  Happens all the time. But, since winning is all that matters, being a great recruiter as a head coach only matters if you also are a great winner. Being a great recruiter as a head coach, and also a loser, demonstrates the limited value in pumping up on recruiting. Having the #52nd rated class surely means he has to demonstrate the credibility of that by winning more than previous classes with much lower class rankings. That is my point. I don't dispute what it looks like on paper. But I only care about winning so the 100th ranked would be the same as the 20th ranked to me of that 100th class won championships. Doc has to turn his "best ever" recruits at Marshall into as big a winners as those woefully lower ranked classes at Marshall or who cares what the rankings are.

Winning big this year would show the merit of his reputation. The rubber has to hit the road sooner rather than later.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 08:55:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pruett took over when things were going well. Diff circumstances for Doc. Diff league too. Say what you want but it just isnt the same. Doc has only had three yrs and has won a bowl game. The former guy had five and won one his 5th yr if you want to give him that credit where another guy coached the team. After two more yrs Doc will have been to two more bowls which will make three in 5 yrs...jmo but you can count on that. Title of the thread refers to top players bt pos and Doc has three of the main ones on offense. How many would be there 5 yrs ago? Last yr we coulda had an offense to match the defens. Docs players are the reason why we didnt. Cant remember when Marshall had another twosome like Cato and Shuler. Cato first in completions and ypg and Shu breaks the all time Marshall record for receptions in a season. Thats more than Barber, Brown, Moss etc. Both of them SOPHOMORES...recruited by a guy who gets about #8 money compared to other CUSA coaches. Be careful what you wish for

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 08:58:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No they cant. Lets have a link if you have proof or say jmo. Like I've said before the OC and DC get big money too. They should get some credit or blame. In baseball the head coach makes out the line up, changes pitchers etc. Its diff in FB. Doc recruits and gives these two helpers top rated players then it is up to them and the players to perform. Doc is ponly part of what you see on game day. If you dont realize this then you need to pick a diff pasttime. Getting the players is the big part of the puzzle and the rating guys say Doc is getting way more than his predecessor. Either we start winning more or start paying assistant coaches more money. I figure the recruiting will pay off. It already has on offense. D is about to make a statement also or I miss my guess.

Really? So we couldn't pay Seider considerably less than doc to do the same job?
    It's not just docs job to recruit. They call his position "head coach" for a reason, because that's his job. It's the reason OCs and DCs are considered second level in the command structure. If you don't understand that, YOU need to find something to do that you can grasp.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 09:03:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pruett took over when things were going well. Diff circumstances for Doc. Diff league too. Say what you want but it just isnt the same. Doc has only had three yrs and has won a bowl game. The former guy had five and won one his 5th yr if you want to give him that credit where another guy coached the team. After two more yrs Doc will have been to two more bowls which will make three in 5 yrs...jmo but you can count on that. Title of the thread refers to top players bt pos and Doc has three of the main ones on offense. How many would be there 5 yrs ago? Last yr we coulda had an offense to match the defens. Docs players are the reason why we didnt. Cant remember when Marshall had another twosome like Cato and Shuler. Cato first in completions and ypg and Shu breaks the all time Marshall record for receptions in a season. Thats more than Barber, Brown, Moss etc. Both of them SOPHOMORES...recruited by a guy who gets about #8 money compared to other CUSA coaches. Be careful what you wish for

So in an attempt to make doc look good, you compare him to snyder? You could make a lot of coaches look good by doing that. Having players recognized for their achievements is fine, having teams that are recognized for their achievement is the job doc was hired for.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 09:03:52 PM »

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 09:10:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • compare him to any coach you want and tell me who had three players with comparable numbers to Cato, Shuler and Hoskins? Without even mentioning Grooms, the punter, Hunter, Holmes, Butler etc etc.....all after just three yrs.....spin away now smart aleck

Offline herdman

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 09:38:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At some point you have to win. Recruiting is part of the equation, but winning is what matters.  Doc is not paid to be a recruiter. He is paid to win ballgames.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 10:11:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • he already won 7 and a bowl game in his second yr with rookies and snyder leftovers....rome wasnt built in a day..dig?

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 10:15:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • he already won 7 and a bowl game in his second yr with rookies and snyder leftovers....rome wasnt built in a day..dig?

Thank you for accepting reality as spun by the Administration.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 10:21:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • another smart aleck checks in....I go on facts like the #52 recruiting rank....Cato being # 1. Not on the admin. What do you go on? Saban couldnt win more than 6 games for four yrs at MSU but Doc who is underpaid is supposed to cure 8 yrs of $hit overnite. I get it now

Offline Big Ol' Hillbilly

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 10:24:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Why is it that every time I read your posts, this image is in my head? LOL

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 10:40:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • another smart aleck checks in....I go on facts like the #52 recruiting rank....Cato being # 1. Not on the admin. What do you go on? Saban couldnt win more than 6 games for four yrs at MSU but Doc who is underpaid is supposed to cure 8 yrs of $hit overnite. I get it now

No. You absolutely do NOT get it. The facts are.......5-7, 7-6, 5-7. And he's not attempting to cure 8 years of anything, only snyders 5. Three of those 8 are HIS.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 10:40:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • why is it that I've never thought you know $hit about FB?

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 10:43:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No. You absolutely do NOT get it. The facts are.......5-7, 7-6, 5-7. And he's not attempting to cure 8 years of anything, only snyders 5. Three of those 8 are HIS.
    [/quo

The slide started two yrs before Snyder but spin away ol spinner

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 10:45:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And I guess Beamer and Saban were chumps those early yrs at MSU and Va Tech? Now spin some more ol spinners

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 10:45:58 PM »

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 11:03:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No. You absolutely do NOT get it. The facts are.......5-7, 7-6, 5-7. And he's not attempting to cure 8 years of anything, only snyders 5. Three of those 8 are HIS.
    [/quo

The slide started two yrs before Snyder but spin away ol spinner

We were 7-6 and bowl winners the year before doc took over. doc's  5-7,7-6, 5-7. He's accomplished no more than snyder at this point. Your attempt to predict the future doesn't count as actual accomplishment, as much as you might like for it to. And that "slide" included 2 regular season records that haven't been equaled since. You HAD to have been a snyder fan, you've nearly perfected the company line. 

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I read the posts after your initial response to me.  I am not addressing those.  I like your posts, and agree with you most of the time.  I was just trying to point out that the same Administrators that choked when we had Warner Bros. in town, who kept Snyder way too long, are the ones that are spinning the message that making it to 7 wins every couple of years is progress.  When in the Herdfans' reality it is failure.  I totally agree with you that Rome wasn't built in a day, but this Administration killed Marshall football in 5 years.  I could even excuse that as incompetence, but they don't stop there.  They spin it in an attempt to make everyone believe that 7 wins against inferior competition is a positive.  In short, I apologize if you took offense to my post.  I have no issues with you.  Go Herd (overcome this Administration)!!!!
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2013, 11:53:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why is it that every time I read your posts, this image is in my head? LOL

Sometimes the most tiny, immature men claim to be both big and old. I suppose when a hillbilly can't win a given debate with intelligence, regressing to grade school humor is about all that can be expected.
    « Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:06:40 AM by _sturt_ »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2013, 11:53:13 PM »