Author Topic: GreenSteve's 2013 Prediction...  (Read 3104 times)

Offline GreenSteve

GreenSteve's 2013 Prediction...
« on: June 13, 2013, 08:02:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Vilify, call me names, do what you will.

I'm calling 6-6.... VPI, TU, OU, MTSU, ECU and FIU or USM (if not both) losses.

I'll stand by my record calling John's head coaching record...

GreenSteve.

"The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

HerdFans.com

GreenSteve's 2013 Prediction...
    « on: June 13, 2013, 08:02:51 PM »

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    Re: GreenSteve's 2013 Prediction...
    « Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 08:18:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't see that at all. If we do go 6-6 then Doc should be fired immediately. But like i said...6-6 will have people smiling because of that "magic" BOWL. That is how bad around here how bad people want to get to a bowl. If they created more bowls and you could reach it with a 5-7 record. Herdfans would be fine with it. All that matters is "BOWL" and all is well. I just don't get it. 6-6 in year 4 should be immediate termination especially against this schedule.. I say being realistic, we should lose to Tulsa and VT (and that doesn't mean we can't beat either of them) and i will say one more loss to someone and 2 at the most. If we don't go 8-4 there is no way anyone can say this year is a success. JMO!!!!

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry GreenSteve,

That's a NO STARTER...

If we don't finish 7-5, 8-4 or better, something horrible went wrong.

Cato has a good, maybe very good backup. Defense will be better, maybe a lot better, maybe a little better.

We will miss Dobson but someone else will step up and sieze the opportunity.

If it's 6-6, I owe you at a minimum Outback/Bonefish Gift card for $50.

Care to offer the same if I am correct?

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 8-4

Offline The Greenhouse Effect

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 09:40:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like Holliday, he's not disrespected Marshall in any way shape or form. He's also instilled more team discipline. He's had a few bad eggs, yes. But overall he's worked hard to get the talent level where it is today.

Still I was at the UAB game and not to harp on it, but all they did was install a new game plan and we did NOT adjust. I felt Ohio did the exact same thing, they threw it, and again we didn't adjust. Both losses, both game we should have won.

If one is a function of their environment he was under Nehlen when WVU had the fan base and facilites no body in the then BEC could even come close to. WVU won going away with big 10 football and better athletes. Not strategy...and alas when WVU went bowling under Nehlen and the talent was equal the result was usually bowl losses.

Anyhow I do have better than 6-6 hopes for this season as a new D coord , 7 new athletes on the D and an offense that shouldn't miss Dobson.  I'd say 7-5.

Heres the question Steve of Green, who we going to get for what we pay thats any better ? College Football coaches even at the mid major level are knocking down 1 million a season.

Offline backontrack

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 09:53:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we lose to O.U. we'll end up 6-6 or 7-5...if we beat the Bobcats we'll finish 8-4 or better...

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 10:00:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

GreenSteve.

No villifying here.  I hope you are wrong, but based on what we saw last year, I can't say your prediction is not reasonable.  I don't have a lot of faith in Doc coaching the team up.  He's a great recruiter, an interesting guy, but he hasn't delivered on the field.  I lost some faith in him last year when he kept saying that the scheme was fine on kickoff coverage.  

Hopefully Heater solves the problems Doc had last year.  Hopefully, Green Steve has to eat crow, but I have no hate for that dude.  
    « Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:13:25 PM by Thundering In MD »
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline jstherd

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 10:18:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have some of you not heard: Doc changed the defensive coordinator and LB coaches.

MD, you'll be eating crow with the dude and I'll be the first to point it out.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 10:18:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

GreenSteve.

Isn't this supposed to be the place "where never is heard, a discouraging word, and the skies are not cloudy all day."

What happened? I thought it's Hearty White night... but we have to put up with this?!? :P

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 10:33:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have some of you not heard: Doc changed the defensive coordinator and LB coaches.

MD, you'll be eating crow with the dude and I'll be the first to point it out.

Have you not HERD that the DC's name is Heater, and did you not see that I said that I hope that fixes the problem?   ::)
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline herds

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 12:18:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we lose to FIU the entire staff should be dumped on the spot. FIU looks to be a dumpster fire for the foreseeable future.

Also there is no reason to consider a loss to USM at home, they might be better than last year, but its not like they'll bounce right back, plus they play in Huntington this season. 

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 12:25:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Steve's right fire them sll
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 12:25:17 AM »

Online marshallz13

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 03:09:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hope your wrong but like MD stated its not like its unreasonable with how this team has played for a long time. 7-5 is my prediction. Like most have said if we go 6-6 it's been a huge disappointment.

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 07:20:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall Football is going on an ABSOLUTE ROLL this year.

Maybe a couple/three bumps in the road. No, I am not impressed with Doc except as a recriter and disciplinarian but he has in place the cogs in a machine that, by and large, will roll over the comp.

Per my usual conspiracy theories, "probation" is over with. Dues paid.

p2m
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline goherd24

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 07:20:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I, for one, will never consider a loss to mtsu, fiu, fau, utsa, uab, miami OH, or gardner webb acceptable. Ohio rides a fine line, usm is way down, and ecu is at home. Vtech is a loss most likely. Tulsa is a tough, but winnable game.

Add that up and with tulsa being a coin flip, and no meltdown losses, 10-2 should be the goal and expectation, with 9-3 acceptable. Less than that and Its a letdown with this schedule. Next year and going forward, if we dont win 10 a year, we are in trouble. No tulsa, or ecu anymore and adding even worse conference foes... Doc should look like the next coming of Bob Pruett, but will he?

That being said, due to my lack of confidence in this staff, i vote for a 9-3 season as they will blow one of the games vs Ohio, ECU or MTSU and lose to Tulsa and Vtech on the road.
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:22:20 AM by goherd24 »

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 07:24:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MD, you'll be eating crow with the dude and I'll be the first to point it out.

jstherd, karma tastes a little like crow, or so they say:

.....we'll be very good on defense.....I haven't been this excited in years. I'm looking for 8+ wins.

I think 8+ means a lot more than five. Those excited feelings about a very good defense crashed and burned into one of the worse in the country. Not "pointing it out", just sayin'.......

Offline firstate

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 08:47:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • guys, with one of the top 3 offenses in college football, an improved defense, and a weak ass schedule...we will go atleast 10-2.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 08:59:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For the record, GS predicted last year the Herd would go 4-8. However, I predict Doc will win more than six games in the reg season for the first time in a long while.

Offline girthyherdon

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 09:07:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just don't understand why some even remotely think Ohio has a chance this year. Seriously, if the Herd doesn't win that game by 10+ it could be a long season. OU lost a lot last year, Tettleton and Blankenship can't win games on their own this coming season.

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 09:09:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A lot of you keep saying 7-5. Answer me one question? Who are the 5 teams that will beat us? If we lose 5 games with this schedule and all the talent that we have been told we have (and we do have talent for sure) then how can anyone be happy at 7-5 and a bowl game? 7-5 would be an absolute horrible coaching job by this staff. I know one thing, this staff has done a tremendous job of recruiting and if they can't go better than 7-5 with this talent and this schedule, then i will be done, because it will never get better.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 09:13:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A lot of you keep saying 7-5. Answer me one question? Who are the 5 teams that will beat us? If we lose 5 games with this schedule and all the talent that we have been told we have (and we do have talent for sure) then how can anyone be happy at 7-5 and a bowl game? 7-5 would be an absolute horrible coaching job by this staff. I know one thing, this staff has done a tremendous job of recruiting and if they can't go better than 7-5 with this talent and this schedule, then i will be done, because it will never get better.

And if basketball only wins 13-14 games this season and has another losing season, how will you feel about that?

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 09:14:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    jstherd, karma tastes a little like crow, or so they say:

.....we'll be very good on defense.....I haven't been this excited in years. I'm looking for 8+ wins.

Whoa... yikes... that's brutal... have to watch what ya say round here, I suppose... MGrad keeps track of these things.  ;D

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 09:14:44 AM »

Online svherd

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 09:24:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I predict 8-4. But how anyone can say we will be very good on defense is beyond me. We have changes in coaches, a few new starters who have never played college football and returning starters from the most inept defense in school history. It will take the D time to settle in.
    Don't dismiss OU, read about what happened to them last year with injuries and all the kids they played the second half of the year. That will a very tough, hard fought game. They think they have passed us.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 09:54:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I predict 8-4. But how anyone can say we will be very good on defense is beyond me. We have changes in coaches, a few new starters who have never played college football and returning starters from the most inept defense in school history. It will take the D time to settle in.
    Don't dismiss OU, read about what happened to them last year with injuries and all the kids they played the second half of the year. That will a very tough, hard fought game. They think they have passed us.

I think we're probably the only ones who think they haven't.

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 10:34:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am a Kool Aid drinker, but I am seeing double digit wins if you include the post season (CUSA championship and Bowl...of which we will win one), but possibly not a top 25 finish because of the quality of schedule.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 10:34:51 AM »